HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In the System Part VI (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2016, 10:49 PM
ChicagoBlues

vCash: 500
Hey y'all! Blues fan here.

I love to watch AHL games and will be heading up to Milwaukee this Saturday Feb 20 for the Ads game against the Manitoba Moose.

Are there particular prospects you would like feedback on?

Old
02-16-2016, 06:31 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post

I love to watch AHL games and will be heading up to Milwaukee this Saturday Feb 20 for the Ads game against the Manitoba Moose.

Fiala of course is our top prospect, we are a bit disappointed he didn't stick when he came up for a while earlier.

If Saros is in goal he's our future in net, and from the looks of Rinne, Saros needs to get better sooner rather than later.

Im also curious about Pontus Aberg. He's been lost in the shuffle of our forward prospects, but he's probably reaching a point at which he either needs to come up and get a shot, or move on to another organization. Im interested to know if he's good enough that someone might give us something in trade for him or take him as part of a deadline deal

02-16-2016, 01:15 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Fiala of course is our top prospect, we are a bit disappointed he didn't stick when he came up for a while earlier.

If Saros is in goal he's our future in net, and from the looks of Rinne, Saros needs to get better sooner rather than later.

Im also curious about Pontus Aberg. He's been lost in the shuffle of our forward prospects, but he's probably reaching a point at which he either needs to come up and get a shot, or move on to another organization. Im interested to know if he's good enough that someone might give us something in trade for him or take him as part of a deadline deal
Sure thing, Preds.

Predators are my second favorite team, so it should be fun.

Like Fiala's game a lot. He is kinda like your Ty Rattie.

We Blues fans get super frustrated with Rinne because he is so awesome. We discuss him with the utmost respect, but he is starting on his downswing. Hopefully Saros is in goal.

Look out for my observations on Sunday.

Old
02-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Quote:

Hi!

If you can, I'd like to hear something about Kamenev.

Old
02-16-2016, 07:36 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoresberg View Post
Hi!

If you can, I'd like to hear something about Kamenev.
is he back from injury?(or am I misremembering that he was hurt?)

Old
02-16-2016, 07:53 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
is he back from injury?(or am I misremembering that he was hurt?)
He's been back for a couple games.

Old
02-16-2016, 08:35 PM
neelynugs

Quote:

curious, who would you consider the biggest surprise from the prospect pool this year?

Old
02-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Preds33

Looks like Vanderklok was at the Milwaukee game tonight with a 2015 draftee of ours.

Old
02-17-2016, 06:19 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
curious, who would you consider the biggest surprise from the prospect pool this year?
Biggest surprise for me would be Kamenev. He's always been a top-5 prospect of ours, but over the last 6 months or so, he's arguably vaulted himself into the top-2 spots. Adding to that him being a center, and he has a bunch of us excited.

Old
02-17-2016, 07:01 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Biggest surprise for me would be Kamenev. He's always been a top-5 prospect of ours, but over the last 6 months or so, he's arguably vaulted himself into the top-2 spots. Adding to that him being a center, and he has a bunch of us excited.
he was very impressive at the WJC. what about a lesser known guy or two that has vaulted into the top 10? obviously fiala/vesey/kamenev/saros are the sexy names.

Old
02-17-2016, 07:52 AM
jusu11

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
he was very impressive at the WJC. what about a lesser known guy or two that has vaulted into the top 10? obviously fiala/vesey/kamenev/saros are the sexy names.
For me the biggest positive surprise this season has been Max Görtz. Big Swedish winger with a good shot. 2012 drafted player but now playing his first season in the AHL.

these stats are from eliteprospects so not sure if updated:

GP G A
44 10 20

Old
02-17-2016, 08:17 AM
King Weber

vCash: 50
Frederick Gaudreau has been a positive surprise as well.

Last year: 4+7=11 in 43 games
This year: 12+19 in 47 games

Not bad for an undrafted free agent signing. Still only 22 too.

Old
02-17-2016, 08:31 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Weber View Post
Frederick Gaudreau has been a positive surprise as well.

Last year: 4+7=11 in 43 games
This year: 12+19 in 47 games

Not bad for an undrafted free agent signing. Still only 22 too.
Huh...I didn't know he's improved this much. Good to see.

Old
02-17-2016, 11:16 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusu11 View Post
For me the biggest positive surprise this season has been Max Görtz. Big Swedish winger with a good shot. 2012 drafted player but now playing his first season in the AHL.

these stats are from eliteprospects so not sure if updated:

GP G A
44 10 20
Agreed, Gaudreau is also one who has surprised me.

Old
02-17-2016, 11:55 AM
AintLifeGrand
Crunchy Jamz Brah

honestly Gaudreau is probably more of a Darren Haydar or Jason Krog.

Not surprised by Kamanev at all. Dude was ranked like 12th by Craig Button before the draft in 14.

Old
02-20-2016, 01:41 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
honestly Gaudreau is probably more of a Darren Haydar or Jason Krog.

Not surprised by Kamanev at all. Dude was ranked like 12th by Craig Button before the draft in 14.
Couldn't disagree more!

Frédérick Gaudreau with 31 points (12 goals, 19 assists) recent numbers.

Gaudreau just had a hat trick. He and Sissons, who play on the same line, are kicking major butt in the AHL in the last month or two. They are two of the reasons why the Milwaukee Admirals are in FIRST place in their division, despite numerous injuries in the last month or so.

Haydar was a darter who could not skate and threw one check a season. His defensive abilities were marginal.

Seeing Squirrel Face's name in print makes me vomit. All offense, no defense.

Gaudreau is a better player than Haydar and Squirrel Face combined. He isn't afraid to slam people into the boards to get the puck. He is a good passer and can finish a play on his own. He doesn't score two goals and let the other team score three. That is exactly what Haydar and Squirrel Face did in the AHL.

Those two AAAA players were nudgers, not checkers. They could tip a puck in, but you didn't see them mucking in the corners, digging the puck out and passing it out to a teammate or bringing it out to the circle and firing it into the goal. I have seen Gaudreau do the above a few times this season.

Kamenev will be in the NHL by January of 2018. If not in Nashville, than with another team.

Old
02-20-2016, 02:30 PM
ChicagoBlues

Ok Ads fans!

I'm in Milwaukee and ready for the game tonight.

I will do my best to pay attention to:

Fiala
Aberg
Kamenev
Görtz
Gaudreau
Saros

I will post what I observe either tomorrow night when I get back to Chicago or on Monday.

Old
02-20-2016, 11:43 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Ok Ads fans!

I'm in Milwaukee and ready for the game tonight.

I will do my best to pay attention to:

Fiala
Aberg
Kamenev
Görtz
Gaudreau
Saros

I will post what I observe either tomorrow night when I get back to Chicago or on Monday.
Milwaukee didn't look good on offense tonight, scoring one goal, Gortz from Fiala. Saros didn't play in goal. The PP was bad. Sometimes they had zero shots on goal, despite 32 shots in the game. Most were open shots from distance. There were a lot of stray passes and empty trips to the O zone.

I didn't notice Gaudreau out there tonight. Girard was more effective, so was Reinhardt. Fiala got tired of being held in the O zone. In the third period, he literally threw down the guy who had him in a bear hug. The next guy who came over to Fiala got flattened immediately. The fans liked that a lot. Fiala also intercepted some passes in the neutral zone tonight.

Kamenev went after Olsen after he boarded Mullen in the corner in the middle of the third period. I liked that immediate response to an obvious and unnecessary penalty. Oligny dropped Brassard with one punch about a minute later. Brassard had been a goon the whole night and got away with it. It was the only punishment meted out for his behind the puck garbage.

Old
02-21-2016, 08:27 PM
adsfan

Rockford is at .657 with 29 wins in 51 games and in first place. They are 1-4 in shoot outs.

Milwaukee is at .657 with 32 wins in 51 games and in second place. They are 6-0 in shoot outs.

I hate the AHL new standings. They are TOTAL BS!

A team is penalized for winning. How does that make any sense in professional sports?

Borque looked better in his second game versus the first. No points in either game, but the Admirals only scored three goals total in those two games.

Old
02-21-2016, 08:51 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Rockford has more ROW. It's been that way for a while.

Old
02-21-2016, 09:54 PM
ChicagoBlues

Moose beat Admirals 4-1 last night in Milwaukee.

Moose were on the second game of a back-to-back and looked ok. The Admirals did not look good at all playing the first game of a back-to-back. It was kind of a loose, free-flowing game. Lots of back and forth and poor defense overall. Both teams had slow line changes throughout the game.

Late in the 2nd period both teams drifted a lot. It’s not like the Moose looked great (they did not), but the Admirals were apparently unprepared for the game and did not put up much resistance to Manitoba.

Elliott and Oligny had some decent moments, especially Elliott, but the shift-to-shift consistency was not there for them. They gave up a lot of space too often and were overplaying the puck. Mullen looked a little rough with Elliott, who tried to bail out Mullen, but got turned around on a 2 on 1 breakout goal for the Moose. Elliott seems to have a good shot, though.

Milwaukee had moments of brilliant pass plays, but could not sustain an attack and was slow on defense. Plus, Saros was not in goal. Mazanec was in net and did not look so bad. It was overall poor forward support, sloppy passes and slow defense that lost the game.

Manitoba did not look that great either, so I think the Admirals could have won if they gave more of an effort.

Fiala-Sissons-Gaudreau skated together for a while, but Fiala and Gortz are very fun to watch. Sissons used to be one of my favorite Preds’ prospects, but he has not been able to consistently bring his A game. I still like him though. Like Reinhart, Sissons looked gassed at times and slow.

In fact, too many Admirals shifts were too long. Kamenev was exhausted out there. Does he have conditioning issues? He was really struggling out there at times. Kamanev did show some energy in the 2nd period with a really good hit.

Reinhart was not very good. Made bad passes and looked disengaged for the most part. I disagree with adsfan that he looked good. I thought Reinhart looked lethargic. In my notes I wrote ‘25 bad pass’ a few times. Another note from the 3rd period... ‘25 always behind the play and slow’.

Fiala made a very bad pass in his own zone and was lucky the Ads did not get burned for it. Otherwise he looked very good. He’s quick and always seems to have pep in his step.

The first goal of the game was a nice back and forth between Gortz and Fiala. Like Gortz’ game a lot. Good vision and puck-handling, good skating and passing. He’s responsible and quick.

During a 1st period PP, Aberg looked really good. He was able to create a shot with some shiftiness and decent hands. But he also looked passive at times in the 2nd period. He also suffered from insufficient linemates.

On Manitoba, Petan has good vision, seems to be a playmaker. DeLeo was responsible and had some good clears. Provided excellent support for his D. Exactly what good centermen do. Both are on the smallish side, but shifty and quick and smart. If one of them develops into an NHL centerman, then the Jets have done well for themselves.

The Jets need some more quickness in their lineup and need a player like DeLeo or Petan to develop into an NHL regular.

Morrissey has it all. Heads-up vision, passing and good skating. All-around really good. You gotta good one there on D. Worked very well with Kichton on his goal.

Hellebuyck is HelleGood. Cody Hodgson got off a great shot, but Hellboy made a great save.

I did not get to watch Lipon much at all.

Overall, not a good game, but still had a really fun time. It was a light, family-oriented fun thing.

I hope this write-up was at least minimally informative.

Old
02-22-2016, 10:07 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Thanks ChicagoBlues, interesting obsevations. Good read.

Old
02-22-2016, 10:39 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

thanks CB. After the Jackman injury I think we may see Elliot called up if Poile doesnt make a trade

Old
02-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Quote:
thanks CB. After the Jackman injury I think we may see Elliot called up if Poile doesnt make a trade
Jackman skating today so he may not be out as long as we thought. Would like to see what Elliott could do, though.

Old
02-22-2016, 10:52 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoresberg View Post
Jackman skating today so he may not be out as long as we thought. Would like to see what Elliott could do, though.
oh wow, thats good news though. must have just been a really bad bruise

Closed Thread