HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

How is Tomas Zizka doing?

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 06:49 PM
habsfansam

vCash: 500
How is Tomas Zizka doing?

I have the rights to Zizka in an ongoing GM simulation, but can't find much info on his upside, weaknesses, likelihood of holding down a spot on LAs blueline, etc...

Anyone have a thorough scouting report on Tomas?

I've also got Frolov... how is his development coming?

Old
10-15-2003, 07:25 PM
willie

Tonight? Not good. Brutal play on Sens first goal and an ill advised penalty.

Overall? Not bad. Has some offensive talent, decent skater and uses his size fairly effectively. His main weakness is probably making the wrong play at the wrong time. He seems to do alright for 15 minutes but then 1 shift he'll screw up big time.

His upside is probably a 5/6 defenseman and possibly developing a niche on the PP. Think along the lines of a Jaroslav Modry, though I don't expect him to put up as good #'s.

Chances are he isn't going to hold down a spot on LA's defense this year. When Miller & Norstrom come back, 2 guys have to go down and it'll probably be Zizka & one of Holland/Strbak/Gleason. (in order of likleehood)

As for Frolov, he has been 'demoted' to the 4th line for now. His play has been very unimpressive thus far.(though, obviously, it is early) That said, Frolov is a long term project and he is going to continue to suffer growing pains for another 4/5 years before he fills out his frame.

Until then, he is going to look like a big, lanky awkard looking kid 75% of the time and the other 25% of the time he is going to tease us with his raw natural talent.

Old
10-15-2003, 09:38 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Zizka played his first game of the season tonight, after being recalled to replace the injured Norstrom.

After a pretty strong early training camp, he was injured and missed the meat of the exhibition schedule, but based on his play at the end of last season, I was pretty confident he would contribute to this year's Kings. Now, with the glut of defensemen in the system, I think he could either be shipped back to Manchester fairly quickly, or like Lilja last year, packaged as part of a deal that will acquire a guy like Comrie.

Frolov scored his October wraparound goal tonight, so we can be assured of seeing that move game in and game out for the next 3 or 4 months. His play with Pirnes and Sim was pretty good tonight, and with less than 6 minutes to play in the game, he was used over Avery with Belanger and Lappy.

Old
10-15-2003, 09:45 PM
IGM

He was brutal on the Alfie goal. Just awful. I would give him two more games to see if it is just a timing thing and if he makes as many mistakes as he did tonite I would send him down for some more seasoning. When he went to the bench after that goal he sure got an earful from his team mates.

Old
10-15-2003, 10:35 PM
agentfouser

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Frolov scored his October wraparound goal tonight, so we can be assured of seeing that move game in and game out for the next 3 or 4 months. His play with Pirnes and Sim was pretty good tonight, and with less than 6 minutes to play in the game, he was used over Avery with Belanger and Lappy.
i think the belanger/frolov/laperriere combination is definitely worth exploring, and i would really like to see andy murray give them a few games. sure frolov is a bit raw to be on a 'stopper' line, but i think it could produce some good results.

Old
10-16-2003, 08:17 AM
habsfansam

thanks!

it's good to hear about zizka... i'm on the east coast so i rarely see Western Conference games.

Thanks for the lines on Frolov as well. Good luck to LA this season.

Old
10-17-2003, 01:02 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

he played pretty badly...stood there and watched affredson smoke by for a breakaway goal on the PP!!!!...he also was burned on a nother play and got called for holding...i thouht he sucked pretty bad tonite...but i guess he has potential since he was out there for the PK and PP

Old
10-18-2003, 09:02 PM
LA's Ice Man

ask him yourself when he gets back to manchester

Old
10-18-2003, 09:14 PM
hangons

Just got back from the Kings choke vs. Boston. ZIZKA sucks!

Old
10-19-2003, 05:25 AM
Face Wash

At this point in his career... he looks overmatched every shift.

He's been pretty much useless, but AM feels forced to use him.

Old
10-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Game Misconduct

I would like to see him sent back to Manchester as soon as possible.

Closed Thread