HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How Did Dustin Do?

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2003, 08:58 AM
GuelphStormRule

vCash:
How Did Dustin Do?

Can anyone summarize Dustin's play last night?
Thanx

Old
10-10-2003, 09:21 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
pretty good for a first game. i didn't see the whole thing, but he was definatly getting his face into the action. good enought o make it tough for murray to send him back to guelph even tougher since we are racking up in injuries again.

Old
10-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Kings Fanatic

I thought he looked great. He was always involved, drew a couple of penalties and got off some good shots. I'm hoping he doesn't go back to you.

Old
10-10-2003, 10:02 AM
sigepcsun

He fits well!

I think he is going to be a real impact player, he is strong, and his hands are incredible....the shots he took off of the faceoff were great!!! I would love to see him develop this year into a solid NHLer...he didn't look overwhelmed at all..and got physical a couple of times.

Old
10-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Brown played a great game against the Penguins, he mades good decisions with the puck, great forchecker, not afraid to crash the net.

Old
10-10-2003, 06:35 PM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
I was there. Brown played a good game for a rookie. I would compare his game to Malone's for the Pens. Both played hard, made smart choices with the puck, crashed the net, forechecked very well. I was impressed with Brown.

Old
10-12-2003, 06:27 PM
Kings Fanatic

Wow, Brown is drawing so many penalties and playing extremely smart. I was happy when he fell to us but none of the draft previews I read indicated this level of talent. I guess the OHL scholastic player 3 yrs running really is intelligent. So, Brown jersey or Gleason jersey, decisions, decisions.

Old
10-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Fanatic
Wow, Brown is drawing so many penalties and playing extremely smart. I was happy when he fell to us but none of the draft previews I read indicated this level of talent. I guess the OHL scholastic player 3 yrs running really is intelligent. So, Brown jersey or Gleason jersey, decisions, decisions.
I am waiting till after game #10.But I am definitely getting a Brown jersey.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:41 PM
Game Misconduct

If our injuries continue and Dustin keeps playing like this, he's not going back to Guelph. Can you say Calder candidate?

And I already have my Brown jersey -- game worn Storm.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:52 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
If our injuries continue and Dustin keeps playing like this, he's not going back to Guelph. Can you say Calder candidate?

And I already have my Brown jersey -- game worn Storm.
Did he wear the same # for Guelph?

Old
10-14-2003, 06:51 PM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Did he wear the same # for Guelph?
No, he wore #32.

Old
10-15-2003, 12:00 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

in the chi game, i thought he was one of the best players on the ice...at times he seemed out-muscled by opponents...but tat expected from a 19 year old playing 32 year old men....he has good hands and plays hard....i would say tat he can be as good as deadmarsh and probably better once he matures more physically and mentally

Old
10-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Doggone Dawg

Being a Guelph Storm fan, what do you think the chances are of him being returned to major junior after 10 games?

Old
10-16-2003, 06:55 PM
IGM

I would say that they are pretty good. I like the kid and think now the same way that I did before the draft that whoever gets him on their NHL team is going to get the steal of the top 20. Brown just has a certain edge to his game that makes you know he will be an NHLer. At this point he looks like a natural top sixer and SHOULD have had two points last night (although I have heard some say that the assist was correct but I don't think so) and another one the game before. It wouldn't be a horrible idea for him to stay with the Kings but with Aulin and Cammo coming back I think that it would be best for DB's developement to go back to guelph for this season. He certainly would be a force to be reckoned with their after how well he has done here.

He is a great young player.

Old
10-16-2003, 07:27 PM
Kings Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggone Dawg
Being a Guelph Storm fan, what do you think the chances are of him being returned to major junior after 10 games?
NO, NO, YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM! Honestly he has looked so good I think he is going to stay up. At least, I'm hoping he is going to stay in the NHL.

Closed Thread