HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hatcher... Still want to get rid of him?

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2005, 05:54 PM
greatwhite101*

vCash: 500
Hatcher... Still want to get rid of him?

IMO Hatcher is playing very well... He plays like a leader, he scores goals, physical and nasty, he has more good nights then bad nights 4 to 1 I would say, he kills penalties, plays PP, solid 25 minutes per game. He might be slow but his positioning is great and when Rico was there they played awesome. We finally have our own Scott Stevenson.

If we get rid of Therian and Seidenberg and somehow get Salei (or some one like him) thats would be outstanding.

P.S F. Meyer plays much better then Dennis.

What do you guys think?

Old
12-10-2005, 05:58 PM
MojoJojo

I agree he has been getting better with each game, though I was not able to watch tonights vs the Wild. Seems that Bobby Clarke's gamble that the NHL would return to the slower more obstruction filled game has paid off.

Old
12-10-2005, 06:02 PM
funkb15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUS
IMO Hatcher is playing very well... He plays like a leader, he scores goals, physical and nasty, he has more good nights then bad nights 4 to 1 I would say, he kills penalties, plays PP, solid 25 minutes per game. He might be slow but his positioning is great and when Rico was there they played awesome. We finally have our own Scott Stevenson.

If we get rid of Therian and Seidenberg and somehow get Salei (or some one like him) thats would be outstanding.

P.S F. Meyer plays much better then Dennis.

What do you guys think?
I agree with almost everything.

I don't think Freddy plays that much better than Seidenberg. I think our defense would be fine when Pitkanen comes back and a Therien scratch not a Meyer or Seidenberg.

Old
12-10-2005, 06:06 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
He's been playing great all season, Hatcher has, people now are just starting to realize this. He is doing great with the new rules. So is Rathje. Only big d-man who sucks with the new rules is Bundy, but he sucked with the old ones too.

Old
12-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Hatcher is a great defensive defenseman not because of his size, but because of his smart (I know, I know). He understands how to use his size to his advantage and get good position. He made alot of bad decisions in Detroit but then again Hitch wasn't his coach.

Old
12-10-2005, 10:12 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Hatch also didn't play for a majority of the season due to injury. He has been great for us. Every player makes mistakes, however, he has been more mistake free than mistake prone. The time he spent in Detroit means nothing to me evaluating Hatcher. He had a few years off to get healthy. He did. He came back and he has been rock solid for the Flyers.

Old
12-10-2005, 11:01 PM
TheKingPin

Yeah i think Hatcher has been solid for awhile now, him and Rathje. I think Meyer looks like he has a lot of upside, fast and mobile it seems like he needs another year or two in the AHL though.

Old
12-11-2005, 12:22 AM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Hatcher should stay just because of his beautifull skin. It is unknown if he uses makeup though.

Old
12-11-2005, 01:28 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg
Hatcher should stay just because of his beautifull skin. It is unknown if he uses makeup though.

Old
12-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Tat2dRich

Send a message via Yahoo to Tat2dRich
Hatcher has some idea how to pace himself for an 80 game season. Unlike DeJardin he will probably still be at 100% come the playoffs (altho eric may be in a little better shape for the playoffs this year). it's a long season and frankly (even as a ticket holder I like to win, but) as long as you get a decent seed it doesn't mean that much if you are exhausted in April.

Old
12-11-2005, 05:18 AM
Brad*

He's been really solid over the last few weeks, which has been key with all of the injuries. I think this is the real Hatcher that we're going to see from here on out. smart, veteran player who can provide solid and defense for this team. The Hatcher we saw earlier in the year was before he was adjusted to the new rules and style of play, and befire he was completely back in to "game shape" after missing all of that time with injury. If he can play like this from hear on out, it'll give the Flyers five really good defenseman. Just need to work on that 6th.

Old
12-11-2005, 06:55 AM
Philly Flyer Fan*

Hatcher has stepped up to plate the past 8-10 games and been great for us! I don't wish to see Hatcher go anywhere!! In fact...........wouldn't it be really cool to see him walking down Broad Street with the Cup held high above his head with a sea of orange and black around him?

Just a thought

Old
12-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Rex88

I will be the first to put up here that I was NOT in favor of this addition. I have thus far been proven very wrong as he has been excellent after the first few games. I hope to continue being very wrong about him for a few more years.

Old
12-11-2005, 10:25 AM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
I will be the first to put up here that I was NOT in favor of this addition. I have thus far been proven very wrong as he has been excellent after the first few games. I hope to continue being very wrong about him for a few more years.
I second that.

Old
12-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Liquidrage*

He's only had like 2 bad games all year. What would happen was if he got caught and ended up giving up a breakaway the other way people would overreact and act like he's washed up.

He the only dman we have the makes other players pay the price for whatever it is they're doing when he's around. Seeing him lay flat on the ice yesterday to block the centering pass with about 4 seconds left was priceless. That's the type of awareness that he brings.

He's a *great* compliment to the other dmen we have when we're all healthy. And he can step it up when he has to, like now due to injuries, and play a style of game that directly translates to wins.

Old
12-11-2005, 11:26 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I'm one of the few who still wishes we had Markov. Hatcher has played well, but I still wish we had Markov.

As for being a Scott Stevens (not Stevenson, RUS), Hatcher is far from it. Players don't fear going to the Philadelphia net. Stevens had that fear that if you went near Brodeur or if you crossed the Jersey blueline, you were gonna pay for it.

With that being said, if Hatcher really floored someone like Kovalchuk or Spezza or Staal, that would probably go a long way in establishing a Stevens like reputation.

Last edited by BobbyClarkeFan16: 12-11-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Old
12-11-2005, 12:01 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
With that being said, if Hatcher really floored someone like Kovalchuk or Spezza or Staal, that would probably go a long way in establishing a Stevens like reputation.
He's already done that several times this season.

Old
12-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
that would probably go a long way in establishing a Stevens like reputation.
And what you wrote might be the stupiest thing I've ever read here. It's freakin' Hatcher you moron.

Old
12-11-2005, 06:36 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
stupiest
Hatcher has nowhere near the reputation that Stevens had. Nobody fears Hatcher the way people feared Stevens. Hatcher had a reputation of being dirty, but being unable to fight his way out of a paper bag (in case you missed it, Jarome Iginla ***** slapped him in the playoffs and put a beating on him). Stevens, on the other hand, had that element of meanness to him. Not only could he hit you hard, but if you tried to fight him, he'd pound the piss out of you too. Look at some of the hits he's laid on people. And especially after he laid out mellon head.

Don't mistake Hatcher for Stevens. It's not even close.

Old
12-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Hatcher has nowhere near the reputation that Stevens had. Nobody fears Hatcher the way people feared Stevens. Hatcher had a reputation of being dirty, but being unable to fight his way out of a paper bag (in case you missed it, Jarome Iginla ***** slapped him in the playoffs and put a beating on him). Stevens, on the other hand, had that element of meanness to him. Not only could he hit you hard, but if you tried to fight him, he'd pound the piss out of you too. Look at some of the hits he's laid on people. And especially after he laid out mellon head.

Don't mistake Hatcher for Stevens. It's not even close.

A young Lindros beat the utter living crap out of Stevens. Apparently you're new to this hockey thing.
What was your point again?

Stevens was a better all around player then Hatcher. Hatever is more dirty. It is still Hatcher. This isn't Therien we're talking about. Players on the other team sure as hell look out for Hatcher in a similar way they looked out for Stevens. And they still do.
Stevens is the better all-time dman, but Hatcher has basically the same rep as far as players on other teams looking out for him when he's on the ice.

Old
12-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Real enough for you?

link

Hatcher is dangerous and will do things that makes even us Flyer fans turn our backs on him.

Old
12-11-2005, 07:46 PM
greatwhite101*

Scott Stevens NOT Scott Stevenson.

Misspelled it

Old
12-13-2005, 07:30 AM
Coburnfan05

His play has improved greatly, but yes I think his salary could be better used on a better dman or even 2 really good dmen.

Old
12-13-2005, 09:46 AM
greatwhite101*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
His play has improved greatly, but yes I think his salary could be better used on a better dman or even 2 really good dmen.
O really? Foote 4.6, Zhitnik 3.5, Malakhov 3.6, Rafalski 4.2, McGillis 2.2, Gonchar 5

Who would you get for 3.5 who is better then Hatcher? Not to mention 2 decent defenseman for 3.5

Old
12-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Jester

Quote:
I'm one of the few who still wishes we had Markov. Hatcher has played well, but I still wish we had Markov.
i would love to have Markov here, but he talked his own a$$ out of town when he stood up in the players meeting and said he'd never sign another contract in the NHL... who knows if he will follow up on that threat, or if it was just BS that got circulated, but to get something for him was a good move.

also, the smoking/drinking that Markov is known for is another reason why he's been dealt a few times in his career now. he's not a safe investment.

Closed Thread