HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Denis Kulyash

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Slitty

vCash: 500
Denis Kulyash

I don't know why HF rates this guy as a raw prospect, still along way from being good enough for the NHL. This kid probably has more of a shot at making Russia's Olympics team, especially with Zubov's declination than any other RSL defender. Big and solid defensively, with an offensive upside. Defenitely better than many an NHL defender. Here is a display of some of his work:

http://rapidshare.de/files/9262866/2...lyash.wmv.html

Old
12-16-2005, 12:53 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

it's weird that you mention him. i was just looking a few minutes ago at the stats of some of our lesser-mentioned prospects, and noticed that he's one of the top defensive goal scorers in the RSL this year, and had a decent year last season as well. i'm worried that we may never get to see him though, since usually guys that are this good overseas have no impetus to come over and prove themself in the minors...and on the same note, teams don't typically like to bring a guy right in except in special cases.

but who knows, maybe he could be another marek zidlicky.

Old
12-16-2005, 01:07 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
it's weird that you mention him. i was just looking a few minutes ago at the stats of some of our lesser-mentioned prospects, and noticed that he's one of the top defensive goal scorers in the RSL this year, and had a decent year last season as well. i'm worried that we may never get to see him though, since usually guys that are this good overseas have no impetus to come over and prove themself in the minors...and on the same note, teams don't typically like to bring a guy right in except in special cases.

but who knows, maybe he could be another marek zidlicky.
Yeah, and to top it off, he's going to have difficulty breaking into the Preds in the next few years as our defense is only going to get stronger and deeper. When Zids came in, we only had one or two Dman that were good on the PP. Now, we have Zids, Timonen, Hammer, and Suter who can all man the point. While they might not all be here if Kulyash comes over, I'm not sure we have the need that we did with Zids. If he's the next Zids, then we are the next Rangers. And I wonder who would be the next Preds.

Old
12-16-2005, 03:31 PM
C-J Carlson

I suspect that, by the time Kulyash makes the Nashville roster, Marek Zidlicky won't be a Predator anymore. And that's sooner than later. No knock intended on Zidlicky. I just expect to see him move on in a trade or something in due time. Anyhoo...

Old
12-16-2005, 03:56 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Personified
I suspect that, by the time Kulyash makes the Nashville roster, Marek Zidlicky won't be a Predator anymore. And that's sooner than later. No knock intended on Zidlicky. I just expect to see him move on in a trade or something in due time. Anyhoo...
I don't disagree. But I also think Timonen's time as a Predator is likely coming to a close as well...but it's not to make room for Kulyash. There's guys like Klein, Weber...and maybe a little further down the road...Parent...that are pressing for a spot, and Suter and Hamhuis will just continue to get better.

Old
12-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Kaizer

I've read interview with Denis before this season where he said that he would try to go to NA in 2 years or something.

Closed Thread