HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andy Murray's obsession with Mike Weaver

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2005, 06:41 PM
bcking

vCash: 500
Andy Murray's obsession with Mike Weaver

I've only seen the Kings play when they play on tsn, cbc or sportsnet in Canada but can someone please tell me why Andy continues to use Weaver over Dempsey.

I haven't been impressed with Weaver everytime I watch him, he jumps into play way to much and leaves his other d-man hanging out to dry, and he is always getting out muscled in front of the net because he so small.

Yeah Dempsey played yesterday but for only 6 min. He should give Dempsey some time to play and not just put him in for one game and out for the next 5, let him play 5 or 10 games in a row I'm sure he could help out the pp more than A.Miller

Old
12-20-2005, 06:59 PM
jeffreyaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcking
I've only seen the Kings play when they play on tsn, cbc or sportsnet in Canada but can someone please tell me why Andy continues to use Weaver over Dempsey.

I haven't been impressed with Weaver everytime I watch him, he jumps into play way to much and leaves his other d-man hanging out to dry, and he is always getting out muscled in front of the net because he so small.

Yeah Dempsey played yesterday but for only 6 min. He should give Dempsey some time to play and not just put him in for one game and out for the next 5, let him play 5 or 10 games in a row I'm sure he could help out the pp more than A.Miller
If you'd seen Dempsey play this season, you'd know exactly why AM has continued to play Weaver....

Old
12-20-2005, 07:00 PM
johnjm22

They both suck. But Dempsey is worse.

Old
12-20-2005, 07:33 PM
bcking

I don't know it just seems AM likes to pick on certain players like cammy and luc. Didn't AM himself say that cammelleri won't be an effective player unless he plays him with skilled players, now he is playing on the 4th line with Guiliano.

I would like to see Petiot called up and given a chance, someone other than Weaver

Old
12-20-2005, 07:59 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Way too early for Petiot, but you know, Weaver has the distinction of being a TWO time CCHA Defensive Defenseman of the year. Add that to his +35 last year on the Monarchs, and accept the fact that despite some physical limitations, the guy brings his head to the game. I have no problems with him in there, given what else we have at the present time.

Old
12-20-2005, 09:17 PM
ILuvLA

I'd rather have Weaver in the game than Dempsey at this point. At least Weaver seems to have his head in the game. I have no clue what's up with Dempsey. Perhaps we were just too injury ravaged after we picked him up to clearly see how he plays the game

Closed Thread