HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Norton

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-19-2005, 12:03 AM
  #26
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,430
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I'll think up a few and then gladly post 'em!

__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
jfont is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 12:44 AM
  #27
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,502
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Children are afraid of the dark. The dark is afraid of Facewash.

Facewash CAN eat only one Lays potato chip.

Facewash does not break wind. He destroys it.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
12-20-2005, 03:45 PM
  #28
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 35,626
vCash: 500
Brad Norton has signed a standard pro contract with the Binghamton Senators, the AHL affiliate of the Ottawa Senators.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
12-20-2005, 04:05 PM
  #29
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,835
vCash: 500
Are you guys saying that none of you got the Chuck Norris e-mail except for Reaper?

kingsfan25 is offline  
Old
12-20-2005, 04:06 PM
  #30
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Brad Norton has signed a standard pro contract with the Binghamton Senators, the AHL affiliate of the Ottawa Senators.
I think you're posting on the wrong....oh wait, yeah, this thread was started to talk about Brad...and by me, no less....weird.

kingsfan25 is offline  
Old
12-20-2005, 04:51 PM
  #31
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,502
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Brad Norton has signed a standard pro contract with the Binghamton Senators, the AHL affiliate of the Ottawa Senators.
****! We offered him a two way deal and he turned it down, saying he didn't want to play in the minors, and then out of the blue he signs with Ottawa? How does that work?

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
12-20-2005, 05:01 PM
  #32
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
****! We offered him a two way deal and he turned it down, saying he didn't want to play in the minors, and then out of the blue he signs with Ottawa? How does that work?
The two-way the Kings offered him probably didn't pay more than $75-k on the AHL side. He might be making more than that on the straight AHL deal with Binghamton...

King Blazer is offline  
Old
12-20-2005, 05:11 PM
  #33
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,502
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
The two-way the Kings offered him probably didn't pay more than $75-k on the AHL side. He might be making more than that on the straight AHL deal with Binghamton...
But that's not the reason he gave. He said he didn't want to have to fight all the AHL guys trying to make a name for themselves. Whether he's paid more than 75K or not, now he's going to have to fight all the guys he said he didn't want to.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
12-20-2005, 05:15 PM
  #34
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 35,626
vCash: 500
Looks like Brad Norton was actually claimed off waivers. He had signed a contract with the Grand Rapids Griffins, the AHL affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings. He was then claimed by Binghamton, as he had to clear waivers entering the league, similar to what happened with Lehoux when he re-signed with the Kings, had to clear waivers, and was claimed by the Coyotes.

http://www.binghamtonsenators.com/fullstory.php?id=722

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
12-20-2005, 05:22 PM
  #35
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,502
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Looks like Brad Norton was actually claimed off waivers. He had signed a contract with the Grand Rapids Griffins, the AHL affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings. He was then claimed by Binghamton, as he had to clear waivers entering the league, similar to what happened with Lehoux when he re-signed with the Kings, had to clear waivers, and was claimed by the Coyotes.

http://www.binghamtonsenators.com/fullstory.php?id=722
Great, so the west gets tougher.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
12-20-2005, 08:13 PM
  #36
TubbyTerrion*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Studio City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Great, so the west gets tougher.

LOL, are you serious? How does the West get tougher with Brad Norton signing a minor league contract in Binghampton?

Are you suggesting Ottawa would actually recall Brad Norton? Oh wait, they aren't in the West... hmmmm...

TubbyTerrion* is offline  
Old
12-20-2005, 08:43 PM
  #37
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Great, so the west gets tougher.
Don't get it - Binghamton/Ottawa are eastern conference. Am I just really dense today?

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
12-20-2005, 09:00 PM
  #38
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,502
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
LOL, are you serious? How does the West get tougher with Brad Norton signing a minor league contract in Binghampton?

Are you suggesting Ottawa would actually recall Brad Norton? Oh wait, they aren't in the West... hmmmm...
Didnt click the link and just skimmed through and thought he was claimed by the Yotes.

Reaper45 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.