HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings recall Petr Kanko

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2005, 01:05 AM
ILuvLA

vCash: 500
I will go on record. I LOOOOOVEEE PETR KANKO!!!!!!!!!!!
The kid rocks! Even if he is badly in need of a hair stylist!

Old
12-17-2005, 02:42 AM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Calling all Manchestarians or long-time Kanko fanboys - what is the book on this kid? Any links or information ya got would be well received. I've already been converted by his effort/goal/hair do!

What was his role as a Monarch? What is he projected to bring to the Kings? Teach on...

Old
12-17-2005, 04:21 AM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball
What was his role as a Monarch? What is he projected to bring to the Kings? Teach on...
Mostly a checking line pest if there's enough depth. That's probably his future.

Old
12-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrc23
Does anybody have the picture of him with long hair and confused expression... where he looks like a maniac? They took it off the Manchester site, but I love that pic and I really want to download it.
<--- Found it.

Old
12-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
How long until they start showing clips of Encino man on the screen at Staples?

Old
12-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Captain Ron

Kanko was a beast in last nights game. And unless it was a fluke (which I believe it wasn't) his days in the AHL should be over.

Kanko is the MAN!

Old
12-18-2005, 12:41 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Kanko was a beast in last nights game. And unless it was a fluke (which I believe it wasn't) his days in the AHL should be over.

It's a numbers game. There's virtually no way he stays when all Kings forwards are healthy... unless DT makes a deal to remove excess baggage.

Old
12-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
It's a numbers game. There's virtually no way he stays when all Kings forwards are healthy... unless DT makes a deal to remove excess baggage.
Murray and/or Taylor may not agree with me.....but Kanko deserves a roster spot more than

Guilliano
Parros
Kostopoulus
Armstrong
Flinn

Sorry but the guy gets it done. And since he has joined to Kings they are 2-0.

Old
12-18-2005, 12:55 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Guilliano
Parros
Kostopoulus
Armstrong
Flinn
I agree with everyone on there but questionably Armstrong. He has been bad but he started out real good played bad but I think was good the last two games. That being said ya keep him in there before those people though Parros is awesome.

Old
12-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
I agree with everyone on there but questionably Armstrong. He has been bad but he started out real good played bad but I think was good the last two games. That being said ya keep him in there before those people though Parros is awesome.
I liked Armstrong's goal the other day was impressive. But my overall impression of him this season is not favorable. His lack of speed and defense has really concerned me. Parros has his advantages but is mainly a one dimensional guy in my opinion.

Kanko seems to have alot to offer. Speed, timely checking, good hands and Avery type fiestiness without the penalties. He needs to stay with this team until he proves he doesn't desevre to be here. Like I said those other guys seem to be going through the motions the majority of the time.

Old
12-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I'd greatly prefer that Parros be sent down once he's healthy. I definitely prefer Kanko to him. Big George is just way too slow, IMO. I'd send down Parros, Flinn and Giuliano and keep Kanko and Cowan.

Old
12-18-2005, 05:23 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I'd greatly prefer that Parros be sent down once he's healthy. I definitely prefer Kanko to him. Big George is just way too slow, IMO. I'd send down Parros, Flinn and Giuliano and keep Kanko and Cowan.
Uh oh. Once again, I find myself agreeing with Osprey. I'd rather keep Kanko up instead of Parros. The kid has speed up the wazoo while Big George doesn't. Despite being vertically challenged, plays like he's Zdeno Chara's long lost twin. Besides, Wee Three Kings is a new line and is already clicking. AM should give it some time to gel.

Old
12-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Uh oh. Once again, I find myself agreeing with Osprey. I'd rather keep Kanko up instead of Parros. The kid has speed up the wazoo while Big George doesn't. Despite being vertically challenged, plays like he's Zdeno Chara's long lost twin. Besides, Wee Three Kings is a new line and is already clicking. AM should give it some time to gel.
Imagine that. The Kings actually having 2 lines with the potential to score. Reunite the Frolov/Conroy/Demitra line and then let the "Wee Three Kings" line do the clean up. Then you have Ebel and Brown who have been stepping up lately too.

Old
12-18-2005, 05:31 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Imagine that. The Kings actually having 2 lines with the potential to score. Reunite the Frolov/Conroy/Demitra line and then let the "Wee Three Kings" line do the clean up. Then you have Ebel and Brown who have been stepping up lately too.
I know. But the chances of AM keeping them together are unfortunately slim to none - which is a bunch of crap.

Old
12-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Actually 3 if you factor in Belanger's line as well.

Old
12-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Reaper45

Sorry but this team went in the hole once Parros was hurt. We need a tough guy the rest of the season, and Big George fits the bill.

Old
12-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Actually 3 if you factor in Belanger's line as well.
True......Stanley Cup....here we come.

Old
12-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Sorry but this team went in the hole once Parros was hurt. We need a tough guy the rest of the season, and Big George fits the bill.
I really do not think that Parros had that much influence on this team. It was more a situation where the players were mailing in their efforts. Let's hope it is not a situation that repeats itself.

Old
12-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Osprey

Quote:
When you guys say that (which you do a lot), I'm always wondering if you're being serious or not. The absence of Parros didn't cause the sputtering and collapse of the Frolov-Conroy-Demitra line.

Old
12-19-2005, 01:23 PM
kanko_fan

Kanko - OHL link

I watched Kanko play OHL hockey in Kitchener. This kid is a menace on the ice. He has speed and good hands. He’s not afraid to go to the front of the net and take a punishing (though this is easier in the “new” NHL). Kanko is also not afraid to take a hit, this guy has roots, he’d often take the check and keep on going, leaving the other guy sprawled on the ice. He can also deliver a punishing check. Kanko was never afraid to drop the gloves and protect the “star” players. He was always a bit of an enforcer. He would leave everything on the ice giving it all every shift. He was not injury prone either.

Sounds like you all think you need a tough guy who won't mail in his contribution...Kanko could be your guy!

There is a great archive of his OHL career at www.rangersrush.com
You can search Kanko and check out game summaries and a few photos.

I can’t wait to see what this kid can do in the NHL. Have fun watching him!

To see his career stats check out:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...3?pid=00057050

Old
12-19-2005, 05:16 PM
skolgoar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
When you guys say that (which you do a lot), I'm always wondering if you're being serious or not. The absence of Parros didn't cause the sputtering and collapse of the Frolov-Conroy-Demitra line.
Actually, the theory is that without a physical presence, guys like Demitra start playing on the perimeter. I do not totally agree, but for the most part, Pavol really hasn't been all that involved in the play without an enforcer dressed.

Closed Thread