HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can Andy Murray be fired?

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2005, 07:23 AM
kingsfan25

vCash: 500
Can Andy Murray be fired?

Its no secret that the Kings are playing like garbage and have been for weeks. As tight as the West is, its surprising they're in the top 8.

Now I'm not going to blame Andy Murray...I don't know if its his fault...but someone not sure if it was here or....em...that other place...that Dave would never fire Andy.

Well, I'm taking it to you guys...Can AM be fired...at what point would Dave Taylor give Andy his walking papers? Or is it a "Murray goes if Taylor goes" situation?

Whether its Andy's fault or not...sometimes a team just needs a shakeup...and I'm sure there are plenty of other highly qualified high school coaches out there for Dave to choose from.

Old
12-15-2005, 08:00 AM
KingsCourt

Fire his ***, we should not be losing to Washington.

Old
12-15-2005, 08:13 AM
The mitchrock
Hunk of Monkey Love

Doubt he'll be fired. The front office loves him too much.

Old
12-15-2005, 08:47 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchrock
Fire the front office.

Old
12-15-2005, 08:57 AM
KingsCourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchrock
I guess we'll keep losing then.

Old
12-15-2005, 09:03 AM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Fire the front office.
Doubt the front office will be fired. Ownership loves them too much.

/cue fire the ownership

Old
12-15-2005, 09:18 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
*NEWSFLASH*

It's not time to push the red button yet. The Kings are fine.

Old
12-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Kick

If the Kings fail to make the playoffs or are knocked out in the first round, then AM deserves the same treatment that Bruce Boudreau got in Manchester.

Old
12-15-2005, 09:31 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
*NEWSFLASH*

It's not time to push the red button yet. The Kings are fine.
**NEWSFLASH**

The above statement is the exact reason why AM will never be fired.

Old
12-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
**NEWSFLASH**

The above statement is the exact reason why AM will never be fired.

I thought you were a pessimest? what happened?

Old
12-15-2005, 10:02 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney
I thought you were a pessimest? what happened?
I think you misunderstand.

The original statement was that it isn't time to press the red (panic) button - the Kings are fine. Obviously the Kings AREN'T fine - or at best haven't been fine for the last month. The team isn't getting better - it's getting worse. After watching this decline, what is DT's response? (Paraphrased) We're pretty happy with the team and we are negotiating contract extensions with the coaching staff.

Is it time to panic? Maybe not "run around with your hair on fire" panic, but certainly time to take a VERY hard look at EVERY aspect of the team.

AM will never be fired because Kings fans won't hold ANYONE accountable - AM and DT should have been replaced long ago.

Old
12-15-2005, 10:03 AM
took420s

After hearing how this is the most skilled team ever by everyone in the org. I believe there will be a huge shake up if this team fails to make any noise in the playoffs.

That game last night was disgusting.

Old
12-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
I think you misunderstand.

The original statement was that it isn't time to press the red (panic) button - the Kings are fine. Obviously the Kings AREN'T fine - or at best haven't been fine for the last month. The team isn't getting better - it's getting worse. After watching this decline, what is DT's response? (Paraphrased) We're pretty happy with the team and we are negotiating contract extensions with the coaching staff.

Is it time to panic? Maybe not "run around with your hair on fire" panic, but certainly time to take a VERY hard look at EVERY aspect of the team.

AM will never be fired because Kings fans won't hold ANYONE accountable - AM and DT should have been replaced long ago.
I guess I just have not talked to you in so long that I got confused by your wit. My personal email changed ya know
PM here if you want the new one.

And I agree with you

Old
12-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
After hearing how this is the most skilled team ever by everyone in the org. I believe there will be a huge shake up if this team fails to make any noise in the playoffs.

That game last night was disgusting.
I find it a shame if we have to wait that long, AGAIN!

Old
12-15-2005, 10:15 AM
took420s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney
I find it a shame if we have to wait that long, AGAIN!
I agree, but blowing up the team in the middle of the season will not help either IMO.

December is historically bad for the Kings, let's wait until the allstar break before we fire everybody

That being said, a trade needs to happen now to light a fire under this team. Some dead weight need to go (sadly).

I can't watch Luc play like this anymore, its killing me. I always hated JR so I feel nothing about his demise, but Luc...

Old
12-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
I agree, but blowing up the team in the middle of the season will not help either IMO.

December is historically bad for the Kings, let's wait until the allstar break before we fire everybody

That being said, a trade needs to happen now to light a fire under this team. Some dead weight need to go (sadly).

I can't watch Luc play like this anymore, its killing me. I always hated JR so I feel nothing about his demise, but Luc...
Sadly I doubt DT will pull the trigger on a trade before trade deadline. Maybe after the holidays but I doubt before. That's just my opinion.

Old
12-15-2005, 11:03 AM
zeppelin97

No way DT is ever fired. Have a hard time believing Tim would fire him ever.

AM is certainly fireable at some point. Just ask Larry Robinson if DT can fire coaches.

Old
12-15-2005, 11:07 AM
God Bless Canada

I'm not a Kings fan, but I'm a huge Andy Murray fan. I think he's one of the top five coaches in the league. Watch what he did from behind the bench in the 2001 and 2002 playoffs, when you beat a much more talented Detroit team in 01 and twice took a damn good Colorado team to the limit. If you fire Murray, it's the biggest mistake the Kings will make in many, many years.

I think it's more a reflection of the type of team that was built. The Kings are a smaller team. We knew Visnovsky would tail off. DeMitra doesn't play to his size. Belanger's small. Cammalleri's small. Roenick and Robitaille represent diminishing returns. Outside of Conroy and Frolov, there isn't anyone among the key players who's really suited to excelling as the checking gets tighter. Teams like LA, Colorado and Detroit, with those small or soft core players, are teams that are going to be in tough as the season progresses. Also, the goaltending, especially Labarbara, isn't as good as it was earlier in the year.

That's not to say there isn't anything to like in LA, with guys like Frolov, Conroy and Norstrom, and some of the other young talent besides Frolov. But LA is the type of team that was destined to have a fast start under the obstruction crackdown, and now that other teams have found ways to play defence and employ the trap, the Kings don't have the type of team that will excel as the season wears on. A playoff birth is still a realistic possibility, especially if Labarbara regains his form, and considering where this team has been, you should be happy.

Old
12-15-2005, 11:10 AM
nikolai19

Andy Murray can be fired, but at this point in the season, whom do you replace him with? It's going to be difficult to find someone outside the organization to come in and do damage control.

Old
12-15-2005, 11:17 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
if i said it once, i done said it a thousand times... Andy Murray IS Jim Tracy.

Old
12-15-2005, 01:03 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
Andy Murray can be fired, but at this point in the season, whom do you replace him with? It's going to be difficult to find someone outside the organization to come in and do damage control.
I can see it now...

DT: "Sadly, we have decided to part ways with long-time coach and personal friend Andy Murray. Andy has given a lot to this organization and he will be missed. However, it has become clear to us that a change is necessary. And on that note, I'd like to introduce our new head John Van Boxmeer.

Under the tutelage of Andy, John has turned into one of the most brilliant offensive strategists this game has ever seen. We feel that with that he is the final piece in the puzzle that will allow this organization to finally hoist a Stanley cup....

by at least 2025.

Last edited by kingsfan25: 12-15-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old
12-15-2005, 01:14 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
Brian Van Boxmeer.
a joke, right?

Old
12-15-2005, 01:21 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
a joke, right?
Forgot his name actually. THanks for alerting me to it.

His last name just had such a rich lexicon of insults that can be applied to it, his first name got lost in the scramble.

Old
12-15-2005, 02:13 PM
no name

I fire him and try to get Sanstrom.

Old
12-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

For those calling for Andy Murray's head, I raise the question, who do you replace him with? You bring in any coach and they are going to have the same difficulty given the way the players have been playing. All season long this team has had no secondary scoring from their expected second scoring line. Their checkers are providing the secondary scoring.

I do fault Andy Murray though for making excuses for the players by constantly shuffling the lines. Understandably, he is trying to spread out the offense and get consistent scoring from more than one line, but don't break what’s working.

They need to leave the top line of Frolov-Conroy-Demitra together. The other line that should remain intact is Avery-Belanger-Brown. Cammalleri should remain on the 2nd scoring line but Derek Armstrong shouldn't be centering him. Put JR there and stick Luc on the left side, only because they have no other option to go with.

Armstrong should be centering the 4th 'energy' line with Kostopoulos and whoever else on his wing until Cowan and Parros return from their injuries.

It is difficult to fault Andy Murray for having to play forwards who have lost their legs (and hands) and are near retirement. Who else is there to play over them? Tambellini isn't ready to be thrust into a top six role yet, so they should leave the kids to develop in Manchester.

Closed Thread