HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Have a good game tonight Bundy!

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2005, 03:39 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Have a good game tonight Bundy!

I know this probably seems weird, but we all know that Bundy does well against certain players like Jagr. The last time we played the Canucks in 03, he bothered Bertuzzi the entire game, he was even complaining about it after the game:

The Canucks (10-4-2-1) salvaged a point because right wing Todd Bertuzzi, harassed all night by Flyers defensemen Chris Therien
Instead of fancy plays and a barrage of shots, the game was a physical tug of war highlighted by the war between the 6-foot-3, 235-pound Bertuzzi and the 6-foot-5, 235-pound Therien.

On their first shift, Therien buried Bertuzzi with an open-ice check, and the battles continued throughout the night, with Therien winning most of them around and behind the Flyers' net.

"He got mugged all night," Flyers center Jeremy Roenick said of Bertuzzi, considered one of the fiercest players in the league. "If Bertuzzi was Darth Vader, then Therien was The Force all night. He did an unbelievable job on him tonight. He frustrated him and flustered him.

"I think Bertuzzi said to him at one time in the game, `I don't know what's worse, a straitjacket or you.' "

Therien, who has played in eight straight games after sitting out six of the team's first seven, said keeping Bertuzzi in check was no picnic.

"He sure gave me fits tonight," Therien said. "He is a big horse out there, real physical and competitive down low."

JR.com

Old
12-15-2005, 11:18 PM
Nuclear

Therian was by far one of the worst players on the ice this game... I'd rather have Picard on D than Therian in the 7th game of the Stanley Cup if I had a choice...

Old
12-16-2005, 09:11 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear
Therian was by far one of the worst players on the ice this game... I'd rather have Picard on D than Therian in the 7th game of the Stanley Cup if I had a choice...

I agree, back on the Bundy Bashing bandwagon I am. We must get him gone. Anyone want to attack in the parking lot at the Skate Zone?

Old
12-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
I agree, back on the Bundy Bashing bandwagon I am. We must get him gone. Anyone want to attack in the parking lot at the Skate Zone?
Why does everyone hate on Bunby?

So what if he is worst D-man on the Flyers?
He is good for the game, so back off guys!!!!

He helps keeps scoring up in the NHL.

Old
12-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Gert B Frobe

He has been awful for quite some time now and just keeps getting worse and worse and worse...

Closed Thread