Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Game Thread: Bruins @ Kings l 10/18/03 l 10:30ET l NESN

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 06:20 PM
fuhr

vCash: 500
I'm not a bruins fan by any stretch but that might be some of the worst refereeing i have ever seen in my live!!!!!!7 times shothanded in the first!!!!Way to ruin a game.The kings have had nothing but powerplay after powerplay in most of their games this season.What a joke!!!!!

Old
10-18-2003, 06:22 PM
nhlbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokEGoalie
Man, this is sooo ugh. Yes, I was one of those dopes who said Potvin would be good in Black and Gold but man am I eating my words.Everyone was right when they said he's got nothin left in the tank and everyone knows how to score on him. Let Hannu play .
I don't think Potvin deserves much blame tonight...at least so far. The team in front of him has left him high, dry, and shorthanded. His positioning hasn't been bad and he's made some pretty good saves. The Kings have just been wide open and going where they please. Luke, one of the most prolific scorers in history, was wide open directly in front of the net for the first goal, then allowed to vacate the crease on the second, which was also a 5 on 3. On the third goal, Moran lost his stick, making it a 5 on 2.5, and he shoved a guy out of the crease as the shot was taken, which I believe blocked his view. There's a lot of blame to go around, but I wouldn't give Felix any yet.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:24 PM
Bruwinz37

Anyone watching the prospects report?

Good god Andy Hilbert looks like a raging homosexual with that hair style! WOW....get a barber!

Old
10-18-2003, 06:25 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
I'm not a bruins fan by any stretch but that might be some of the worst refereeing i have ever seen in my live!!!!!!7 times shothanded in the first!!!!Way to ruin a game.The kings have had nothing but powerplay after powerplay in most of their games this season.What a joke!!!!!
you must not be watching the same thing we're watching.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:25 PM
nhlbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Wrong. He has been out there all year and it is very frustrating because he is two steps slow and doesnt clear the crease well. Jillson hasnt gotten any PK time at all.
Yeah, he plays on the PK, but not the first PK unit. Those guys were not on the ice at the time. The problem is Jillson plays the PP, so having him play lots of regular srength minutes, the PP, and then also the PK would be a lot of minutes. They're probably trying to split up the time a bit.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:26 PM
DBL

Quote:
Man, this is sooo ugh. Yes, I was one of those dopes who said Potvin would be good in Black and Gold but man am I eating my words.Everyone was right when they said he's got nothin left in the tank and everyone knows how to score on him. Let Hannu play .
There is no way you can blame those goals on Potvin, not one of them. If you ask me he saved a couple more that could've went in.

This team is totally disorganized, whatever system or game plan there on it is just not working with these group of guys. They have no transition game at all, not one defenceman can pass or move the puck out of the zone with ease.

Thornton, I don't know what he's doing. The few times I saw him on the ice he was either getting checked or when he had the puck looking for the stupid pass all the time. On the Bruins PP he got the puck in the corner and had the chance to skate to the net and make something of it, but instead he decided to lazer pass the puck to the other side of the ice. Someone tell this guy to drive his big ass to the net...

Also screw winning this game, all I want to see is some improvement. No dumb penalites, and god dammit keep it simple out there.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:27 PM
nhlbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
I wouldn't go THAT far. Most of the penalties could have easily gone either way. Only a couple were definitely penalties, like the Boynton hit.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
The Gill, Rolston and the extra 2 to Green were all questionable. Although at first glance Gill looked to be at fault, the replay to me didnt look that bad at all. The Rolston call was a joke.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:33 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Dont take this personally, but what in the world are you talking about? What does Potvin have to do with tonights game? Are you watching whats going on here? Jesus.....
In all honesty, no im not watching it that religiously.Trying to toggle between the Broons game, the WS game and other snuff. I just think Potvin doesnt look too sound out there.I just remember seeing a cross-ice pass right in front of the crease where Potvin did some terrible looking save(stuck one knee out sideways) and left about 60% of the net open, and I saw the last 5v3 goal which made it 3-0.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:39 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Scorecards for the bout??

I'll give it to Laparierre.He got the Helmet off, muffed up Boynton's jersey and landed the majority of the punches.Boynton did cut him open though.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:39 PM
nhlbruin

Didn't they bring in McCarthy to do the dirty work? They need Boynton out there to settle things down defensively.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:44 PM
nhlbruin

This is assanine! Four officials on the ice, four officials with heads inspecting their bowels.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:45 PM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Holy cow the B's have lost all composure........

Joe jabs at Avery.......and they start roughing each other..........Jillson comes flying out of no where and starts pounding on Avery...

Little to say Jillson is done for the nite, 3rd man in. But I will give him credit for having balls of steel in that moment.

Potvin just absolutely robbed Luc.......man o man

Old
10-18-2003, 06:46 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

After that save, I have mixed bags of feelings about Potvin

Old
10-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
In all honesty, no im not watching it that religiously.Trying to toggle between the Broons game, the WS game and other snuff. I just think Potvin doesnt look too sound out there.I just remember seeing a cross-ice pass right in front of the crease where Potvin did some terrible looking save(stuck one knee out sideways) and left about 60% of the net open, and I saw the last 5v3 goal which made it 3-0.
Well when you start watching let us know. Potvin is doing everything he can to keep us in this game......even the most casual, laid back observer could see that.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:54 PM
nhlbruin

SCOOOOOREE!!!!

McCarthy, of all people!!!

from Bergeron

Old
10-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
3-1

<marquee><font color=gold size=7>SCORE MCCARTHY!!</font></marquee>

Go Figure the Tough guys score...

Now Axi is in the box

Old
10-18-2003, 06:58 PM
nhlbruin

i guess Donato got the second assist on that goal

geez...talk about an unlikely combo to get them on the board. it's prob what they need though...a goal from an unlikely source to wake the team up and make them realize that they're still in it if they want to be.

Old
10-18-2003, 07:15 PM
sarge88

No team in the history of hockey gets called for a higher % of the infractions that they commit than your Boston Bruins. Seriously if they commit 12 infractions that should be called, they get called on 9 of them. Other teams get called 4-5 times. Also, when I worked in the AHL, I had a lot of contact with scouts, GM's, coaches etc. The three referees that were considered the weakest in the league were Joanette, Peel and Kowal. They also seem to screw the B's at every turn. The officiating is simply horrific tonight. I'm not saying that the B's didn't deserve most of the penalties they got, but for Toe Blake's sake, call it both ways.

Old
10-18-2003, 07:21 PM
DBL

Much better period, speciality after the goal. Calm the whole team down abit and got them thinking about winning the game again.

Thornton got a little physical out there, actually made a hit behind the net and ended up with the puck because of it. He should be doing more of this.

Potvin has kept the Bruins in the game, and there's still a chance they could win the game. If they do win it Potvin's the reason.

Also Bergeron is not going back to Jr., I can't see it happening. He plays such a great overall game, has good passing and great hockey sense. He should be given a shot at the 2nd line center job.

3rd's coming up, hope they come out flying...

Old
10-18-2003, 07:23 PM
JOHNNY V

Sully toi mordent ane

Old
10-18-2003, 07:29 PM
JOHNNY V

The linemen that away to hit the board

Old
10-18-2003, 07:30 PM
JOHNNY V

score rolly

Old
10-18-2003, 07:30 PM
Drury77

3-2

<marquee><font color=black size=7>SCORE ROLLIE!!</font></marquee>

not a PP goal...........I was just starting to yell SHOOT........and bang he did and low and behold it went in......

Back in this thing............Kings take a TO

Old
10-18-2003, 07:36 PM
nhlbruin

4:51, Brian Rolston 3 (Patrice Bergeron, Dan McGillis)

That's TWO assists for our boy Patrice! Three on the season!
Right now, the youngest player in the NHL is second on our Thornton-Murray-Samsonov led Boston Bruins in scoring. He is also 2nd in overall rookie scoring in the NHL.

Closed Thread