Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Thread: Bruins @ Kings l 10/18/03 l 10:30ET l NESN

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 07:41 PM
Drury77

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
PP for the b's coming up.........Must capitalize.............

Old
10-18-2003, 07:44 PM
nhlbruin

quiet in here tonight...must be the late starting time...and it is friday night.

Old
10-18-2003, 07:49 PM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Probably partially due to the poopy start the boys had..........

and now we are getting called for goalie interference....and the puck went into the net, yet it won't count cuz of this call against us. Really IMO I think it's a bit on the bogus side but hey what do I know, I'm only a fan......... I'm not saying he didn't run into Cech but he got some serious help too

Old
10-18-2003, 07:54 PM
Drury77

<marquee><font color=gold size=7>SCORE BERGERON!!</font></marquee>

I do believe that is his 1st goal of the season/career............woooohoooo

Old
10-18-2003, 07:55 PM
nhlbruin

Woohoo!!!
GO PATRICE!!!! I love this guy!

Currently tied for team lead in scoring with Rolston and NHL rookie lead with Ryder.

Old
10-18-2003, 07:56 PM
Drury77

<marquee><font color=black size=7>SCORE KNUBLE!!</font></marquee>

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO Way to come back from the boneheadness early

Old
10-18-2003, 07:57 PM
nhlbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlbruin
Woohoo!!!
GO PATRICE!!!! I love this guy!

Currently tied for team lead in scoring with Rolston and NHL rookie lead with Ryder.
wait, no, rolston got an assist on the goal, so rolston is still ahead of patrice for the team lead

Old
10-18-2003, 07:57 PM
JOHNNY V

Yeah baby Viva la Bruins

Old
10-18-2003, 08:00 PM
Drury77

I will say that after the rough start.......That I am proud of this team.....they finally showed some heart and character.....

Be Proud they didn't quit and fully combust.....

Old
10-18-2003, 08:01 PM
nhlbruin

WOOHOO!!!!!

What a reversal of fortunes!!!!!!

Thanks, Mike!!! I knew there was one Yankees fan out there that could help us with something!

Old
10-18-2003, 08:02 PM
fuhr

Way to go Boston!!!!!Well deserved and it's about time someone put the Kings in their place!!!Even with all the silly penalties they still pulled it off!!!!!!!

Old
10-18-2003, 08:03 PM
JOHNNY V

Bruins 4 King 3

VIVA LA BERGERON A GOAL AND 2 ASSIST

Old
10-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Sleemans

What an incredible comeback
Los Angeles doesn't get a S.O.G. the last 30 minutes lmao
How about Patrice Bergeron...what a game from the rookie
Hopefully this gives the guys so momentum going into tomorrow night, then into Colorado.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Bruwinz37

Incredible win!!! Couldnt be happier with this game. Because of all the early penalties it was missed that this team came out skating hard...and obviously taking the body.

Other than the penalties this was a great game by everyone. Felix Potvin was terrific, the defense put some serious clamping on LA, and the forwards worked hard and created their opportunities.

Good to see the guys standing up and not taking any garbage.

My three stars:

3-PJ Axelsson----unsung but he was terrific all night
2-Felix Potvin----kept us in it..this could have easily been 5-0 game after 1
1-Patrice Bergeron....ANOTHER great game. First goal...2 helpers and great all around play.

Boy I needed this after the Sox.....

Old
10-18-2003, 08:06 PM
neelynugs

i was out tonight, on the way home i turn on WBZ. i hear, 3-0 kings, 7 PPs in the FIRST FRIGGIN PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so i watch the game, and seemingly, the turning point is when axelsson dropped his gloves but seriously, the b's looked as if they had completely lost all composure (and jillson- what's he doing? i understand protecting the stars, but joe would've PASTED that little twit named avery). then, thornton just absolutely TAKES OVER. this is the thornton that i want to see NIGHTLY. the kings had ZERO shots in the last half of the game. ZERO- NONE- ZIP- ZILCH- LOVE. bruins dominated the 2nd half of the game, and patrice bergeron is the MAN!! he had 3 points tonight - yah, 3 points. and the game tying goal. and boy is this kid cool like the other side of the pillow. and for good measure, knuble buries the winner. UN-FRICKEN-REAL. THIS is the team that i've been looking for. bravo fellas- incredible win. the whole team deserves a

Old
10-18-2003, 08:06 PM
sarge88

In case you missed it....

For those of you who went to bed after a gruesome first period last night, the B's came back to win it late in the 3rd. McCarthy, Rolston, Bergeron (1g, 2a) and Knuble scored. Now for the things that the boxscore or bottom line can't tell you. After an abyssmal first period, the B's held the Kings shotless for 20+ minutes over the 2nd and 3rd. The whole team played a tough, smart and hard 40 minutes and deserved the win. The Kings on the other hand seemed to think that they had it won in the first and that the refs were going to continue to spoon feed them all night. This should/could be a game that helps the guys come together, a real character test that they passed. BTW, the rest of the team seemed more excited for Bergeron after his first goal than he did. Great game, hopefully they can keep it going into Anaheim.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:09 PM
gvkmedia
Preaching B's hockey

Great Stuff....

Second Powerplay unit consisted of Samsonov - Bergeron and Lapointe. Scored twice.

Can you say "Second Line?"

Hopefully they'll stick it to the Ducks tomorrow,

Man, it's past 1:00 am and I have to drive my son to work the breakfast shift at McDonalds. 4:30am comes awfully quick...

Old
plaugher

Excellent performance by Bergeron.

I guess this pretty much confirms that he will not be returning to the Quebec League (much to my chagrin).

Good for him.

Old
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Felix Potvin was terrific, the defense put some serious clamping on LA, and the forwards worked hard and created their opportunities.

2-Felix Potvin----kept us in it..this could have easily been 5-0 game after 1

potvin's save on robitaille was pure genius. jim fox said it at the time, and it was kind of hard to believe. "that save just saved the bruins, or else this game is over"...i admit, i thought it was silly since we looked done like dinner, but potvin did a great job tonight, and that was a 10 beller. awesome save. by the way, that may have been the last shot that the kings had on net. THE CAT CAME BACK

Old
10-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Broonzfanz

Unbelieveable, After the huge glove save by Potvin midaway through the 2nd period robbing Robitaiile of the goal, The Kings never got a shot on goal the rest of the game. Bergeron played amazing tonite and I hope he keeps it up

Old
10-18-2003, 08:13 PM
neelynugs

if any kings fans are interested, i'm selling crying towels only 5 bucks a pop

Old
10-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Hab-a-maniac

If he was playing on Thornton's line, it's no surprise. But head to head, your precious teddy bears will be in for surprises against the up n' coming Habs-a team who actually has better prospects, better defense, better goaltending and will be an Eastern elite team in 5 years while the B's toil in the lower reaches of the Northeast with just Thornton to console the pain. Face it, the scoring forwards carry your team and whacha gonna do when the Habs get better than this sorry Bruins "playoff" team. Can't wait for the day when Hal Gill, O'Donnel and all those other sorry d-men who are at the level of Patrick Traverse start falling down and getting mixed up as Higgins, Kostitsyn, Koivu, Ribeiro, Perezhogin, Ryder, Komisarek, Markov and Souray skate circles around them.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:20 PM
BostonGrl819

Nice to see Joe finally turn it on!!!

I'm so happy for Bergeron! Who was it that gave him a bear hug after he scored-Grosek???

I hope this is the team that decides to show up on game nights.

Great win!!! Go Knuble!!!

Old
10-18-2003, 08:23 PM
HockeyGoddess

What a comeback!!!

Nice to see the boys turn things around after that abysmal first period!

Congrats to the Cat on the win, and a hearty congrats to Patrice Bergeron on an awesome game!! Beaut of a goal by Knuble to go ahead, too!

I like the Bergeron-Samsonov-Lapointe line... and Rolston-Axelsson-Green works very well too.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
10-18-2003, 08:28 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs

potvin's save on robitaille was pure genius. jim fox said it at the time, and it was kind of hard to believe. "that save just saved the bruins, or else this game is over"...i admit, i thought it was silly since we looked done like dinner, but potvin did a great job tonight, and that was a 10 beller. awesome save. by the way, that may have been the last shot that the kings had on net. THE CAT CAME BACK
Glad to see Potvin getting the kudos he deserves. That was an amazing save- one that no doubt lifted and galvanized his teammates.

The Bruins deserve credit as has been mentioned for not packing it in when they got into penalty trouble and appeared to be in line for a rout at the hands of the Kings. Interestingly enough, it was the Bruins who took a 3-0 lead last season, only to watch the Kings come back to tie it late in the 3rd, before Glen Murray scored in OT. This time, Mike Knuble made sure that there would be no reversal of fortune. Nice to see him get his 1st of the season and take some heat off of the top line.

Good win for the B's.

Closed Thread