Game Thread: Bruins @ Kings l 10/18/03 l 10:30ET l NESN

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 08:33 PM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
If he was playing on Thornton's line, it's no surprise. But head to head, your precious teddy bears will be in for surprises against the up n' coming Habs-a team who actually has better prospects, better defense, better goaltending and will be an Eastern elite team in 5 years while the B's toil in the lower reaches of the Northeast with just Thornton to console the pain. Face it, the scoring forwards carry your team and whacha gonna do when the Habs get better than this sorry Bruins "playoff" team. Can't wait for the day when Hal Gill, O'Donnel and all those other sorry d-men who are at the level of Patrick Traverse start falling down and getting mixed up as Higgins, Kostitsyn, Koivu, Ribeiro, Perezhogin, Ryder, Komisarek, Markov and Souray skate circles around them.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:33 PM
LuckyLUC20

Congratulations guys... the B's played a great game after the first period and the Kings simply did not. Obviously, I'm disappointed, but I have to admit, I'm really happy for Felix. He deserved better than what he got in the first period and I'm glad they kept him in there after the first period. He had some absolutely amazing saves against the Kings tonight. Good job, Cat.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:38 PM
BostonGrl819

Yahoo! has a picture of Patrice's goal!

http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/...=Boston+Bruins

I have just one question-who's Sandy McGillis??? :p

(third photo down)

Old
10-18-2003, 08:41 PM
BostonGrl819

He wasn't playing on Thornton's line!!!

He was playing with Sammy and Lapointe.

Maybe someone's had a few too many Vachon cakes.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:43 PM
nhlbruin

lol....and it's rolston, not grosek in the 6th picture down

Old
10-18-2003, 08:47 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

If the Bruins can come out tomorrow like the way they did in the 3rd period tonight, the Ducks will still be winless.

And congrats to Bergeron! Great first NHL goal. I think Rolston and Lapointe were happier than he was.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:48 PM
BruinFan42

Better prospects? The Bruins greatest strength is their depth of young talent. Another dilusional Hab fan, I guess.

FOREWARDS:
Bergeron
Huml
Hilbert
Samuelson
Vernarsky
Zinovjev

DEFENSE:
Jillson
Jurcina
Morrisson
Kutlak
Jonsson
Stuart

GOALTENDING:
Raycroft
Toivonen
Metcalfe
Kaltianen

Was it the same young talent on your Habs team that lost 1-0 to the Leafs who hadn't won a game yet this year? That must be some talent you've got.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:53 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
If he was playing on Thornton's line, it's no surprise. But head to head, your precious teddy bears will be in for surprises against the up n' coming Habs-a team who actually has better prospects, better defense, better goaltending and will be an Eastern elite team in 5 years while the B's toil in the lower reaches of the Northeast with just Thornton to console the pain. Face it, the scoring forwards carry your team and whacha gonna do when the Habs get better than this sorry Bruins "playoff" team. Can't wait for the day when Hal Gill, O'Donnel and all those other sorry d-men who are at the level of Patrick Traverse start falling down and getting mixed up as Higgins, Kostitsyn, Koivu, Ribeiro, Perezhogin, Ryder, Komisarek, Markov and Souray skate circles around them.
dude, you have some good prospects but don't be suprised when a couple of your gems turn out to be duds. I would love to see the Broons and Habs back as powers and fighting like the old days but your going to find out in the next couple of years exactly which team developed better players. The Habs have some keepers but not as much as you guys think- watch.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:55 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
If he was playing on Thornton's line, it's no surprise.
He who? Patrice Bergeron? Nope, he wasn't playing on Thornton's line. He played on a line with Martin Lapointe and Sergei Samsonov most of the night.

As for your other comments... *shrug*. The Bruins have some pretty stellar kids in the prospect pool, but I wouldn't expect you to have a clue about any of them. As for weak goaltending... just remember the name Hannu Toivonen. He's a Bruins goaltending prospect who is pretty amazing for such a young'un.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
10-18-2003, 08:57 PM
nhlbruin

i've been hoping all along that sammy and bergeron would get a crack with each other...see how they'd do. and putting them with lapointe on the right side makes sense, since lapointe's been mentoring bergeron and he gives the line size and grit to go along with pure skill. then FINALLY move rolston back to the wing, play him opposite axelsson, and plug green in the middle. the first line can be the same as last year and tonight. i mean this is perfect in my mind!!!
Knuble-Thornton-Murray
Samsonov-Bergeron-Lapointe
Axelsson-Green-Rolston
Grosek-Stock/Donato-McCarthy

Old
10-18-2003, 08:58 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlbruin
i've been hoping all along that sammy and bergeron would get a crack with each other...see how they'd do. and putting them with lapointe on the right side makes sense, since lapointe's been mentoring bergeron and he gives the line size and grit to go along with pure skill. then FINALLY move rolston back to the wing, play him opposite axelsson, and plug green in the middle. the first line can be the same as last year and tonight. i mean this is perfect in my mind!!!
Knuble-Thornton-Murray
Axelsson-Green-Rolston
I agree with that forward line-up 100%!!

Old
10-18-2003, 09:00 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFan42
Better prospects? The Bruins greatest strength is their depth of young talent. Another dilusional Hab fan, I guess.

FOREWARDS:
Bergeron
Huml
Hilbert
Samuelson
Vernarsky
Zinovjev

DEFENSE:
Jillson
Jurcina
Morrisson
Kutlak
Jonsson
Stuart

GOALTENDING:
Raycroft
Toivonen
Metcalfe
Kaltianen

Was it the same young talent on your Habs team that lost 1-0 to the Leafs who hadn't won a game yet this year? That must be some talent you've got.
After watching the Sox-Yankees lets hope the Habs have some serious prospects because I want these two as best in East so it'll be that much sweeter when we knock their ***** out of the playoffs. Anyone who has ever been to a Broons-Habs tilt at the Forum realize it is special. Let them squak all they want because there is a good chance by the end of the year the Broons second round pick this year that was part of a grade that earned them a D by McKeen's is better thought of than any Hab forward on their long list of highly thought of prospects.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:04 PM
nhlbruin

lol...Komo was/is the Habs' top rookie of the year candidate (according to their fans at least) and was sent to the minors the other day, while the Bruins 2nd rounder from Quebec, the youngest player in the league, wasn't expected to be close to making the team and is playing some great NHL hockey! Gotta love that! Things may change, but it's sweet right now! At least they have Ryder playing well. But seriously, it's sweeter to draft guys everyone thinks you're reaching for early or random late rounders and develop them into top prospects like the Bruins have been doing than it is to suck for a long time and get a nice high pick every summer.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:25 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88
For those of you who went to bed after a gruesome first period last night, the B's came back to win it late in the 3rd. McCarthy, Rolston, Bergeron (1g, 2a) and Knuble scored. Now for the things that the boxscore or bottom line can't tell you. After an abyssmal first period, the B's held the Kings shotless for 20+ minutes over the 2nd and 3rd. The whole team played a tough, smart and hard 40 minutes and deserved the win. The Kings on the other hand seemed to think that they had it won in the first and that the refs were going to continue to spoon feed them all night. This should/could be a game that helps the guys come together, a real character test that they passed. BTW, the rest of the team seemed more excited for Bergeron after his first goal than he did. Great game, hopefully they can keep it going into Anaheim.
great stuff; I feel asleep at probably 10:15 in the top of the 8th inning watching the WS after I swore I was done till me and the boys head off to Sring Training March 9th for a week in Florida. I wake up at 1:30 and click on ESPN and scroll down and see the score Awesome- the only thing I didn't do was tape it and I'm glad I didn't see the first period 'then' fall asleep. If we can get one of the next two it will be a great trip. Is Bergeron going to be the next Leveille? Different player but I remember him well and he was going to be a heck of a player. Something along the lines of 30-35 goals and 70 points yr in and yr out.

Not a bad night- Bergeron and Zino shine in their games. MOC developing some kids and being honest with us

Old
10-18-2003, 10:04 PM
pei_bruins

Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlbruin
Knuble-Thornton-Murray
Axelsson-Green-Rolston
I absolutely love those lines! Nothing would make me happier than seeing those lines tommorrow night!

Go Bruins!

Old
10-19-2003, 01:16 AM
Iggyz

vCash:
Great game! The first period may not have been pretty but it certainly didn't lack excitement. Way to pull through and show 'em how it's done!

Old
10-19-2003, 01:53 AM
misterjaggers

Line chemistry

Kudos to the few and the proud who predicted the success of a Sammy-Bergeron-Lapointe second line!

And kudos to the many who wished to see Knuble-Thornton-Murray rejoined!

Old
10-19-2003, 02:25 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Kudos to the few and the proud who predicted the success of a Sammy-Bergeron-Lapointe second line!

And kudos to the many who wished to see Knuble-Thornton-Murray rejoined!
I've had every line combo but this was my personal baby. And who knows- I just figured if they really want to get Sammy off the first line to spread it out then give him the kid who is supposed to be a playmaker. (I've seen him so little I rely on the scouting reports Kirk accumulated and stuff on Red Line, McKeen's etc...and they all said the same he sees the ice like he has eyes in back of head- so....put him with Sammy)

I also reasoned Marty would be the logical RW since he provides big brother 'protection' for the kid and worry less about him trying to replicate his last year in Detroit. Gives Marty a purpose.

My other line was if Sammy stays with Joe then give Bergeron both Rolston and Murray at wings- but thats radical when you think about it- and reuniting Joe-Muzz-Knuble already has a track record.

so, yah, I'm the guy err, or probably one of many- but what the heck, if you don't give yourself a pat on the back you may never get one

Old
10-19-2003, 03:23 AM
whatsbruin

vCash: 200
You don't get the full effect of this thread if you read it
bit by bit as the game went on.

I didn't watch the game last night, so this morning I
turned to this thread.

After the pregame chatter, the first posts about the game
are about how bad they are playing, penalties, etc.
Then slowly the manner of posts start changing and
the B's are victorious.

Great way to find out how the game went.

Thanks all who stayed up, watched, and posted.

Old
10-19-2003, 05:25 AM
sammy87

McCarthy and Grosek impressed me last night. Both played a solid game and when the rest of the team was losing there cool i was expected these two to follow. Too both there credits they didn't. Also they had a bunch of good shifts cycling the puck down low.

ps. I am so glad i didn't turn off the tv after the first.

Old
10-19-2003, 05:51 AM
neelynugs

Quote:

Old
10-19-2003, 05:59 AM
Rick Middleton

Send a message via AIM to Rick Middleton
Quote:
This Komisarek guy, is he the same Komisarek that has sprung up dozens of namesakes on the HF Boards (Mike_Komisarek, Mike Komisarek #8, Mike Komisarek #8D, Komisaurus Rex, etc.)? The same Komisarek who is a shoe-in for the Rookie of the Year? The same Komisarek who is purportedly a blend of Scott Stevens and Rob Blake all mixed into one?

Or is it the same Mike Komisarek who recently got sent to the minors (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_sto...=nhl-canadiens)?

Is this the one you speak of?

Old
10-19-2003, 06:13 AM
scotiahockey

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
the pass tha stumpel made on LA's second goal...

WAS JUST SICK....

i had to watch sportsdesk 3-4 times this morning just to pick up what he did. the commentators didnt make muh of a deal of it, but stump was about to catch a pass in front of him.. and let it go through his legs on purpose, adjusted, and took it on his forehand behind his body and made a one touch pass to robataille in the slot for the goal.

SICK.

Old
10-19-2003, 06:30 AM
Gary

DEFENSE:
Jillson
Jurcina
Morrisson
Kutlak
Jonsson
Stuart

Imagine the look on the poor buggers face when the above entire defensive core makes the all-star team in the same year (2005?)

Old
10-19-2003, 06:41 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
DEFENSE:
Jillson
Jurcina
Morrisson
Kutlak
Jonsson
Stuart

Imagine the look on the poor buggers face when the above entire defensive core makes the all-star team in the same year (2005?)
you forgot boynton

Closed Thread