HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Mcgillis on waivers!

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2005, 10:08 PM
CoolDude*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
He's physical, he's tough, he's got more speed than Malik and he's got more overall talent than Malik. I think before this season many of you hadn't even heard of Malik.
The fact that you haven't heard of Malik before this season shows how much you truly know about hockey.

Old
12-17-2005, 10:26 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude
The fact that you haven't heard of Malik before this season shows how much you truly know about hockey.
The fact that you think I don't know who Malik was before this season shows how much you can read, and how stupid you are. If I didn't know who he was I would have gone on record saying I I I didn't know who he was. Not YOU. Actually my friend, I'm a pretty die-hard hockey fan believe it or not. You'd be astonished at how much I know about hockey. Marek Malik is not a good hockey player, your hearing that from a true fan who knows what he's talking about, not a moron who hasn't heard of him.

Old
12-18-2005, 12:22 AM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Were both Ranger fans here, just a nice discussion on our team, relax
Quote:
and how stupid you are.
If you want to relax and have a nice discussion I don't think you should be calling people stupid.

Anyway, Malik is a better player right now than McGillis. It seems you want to claim McGillis and get rid of Malik? How exactly are you going to do that, and why? I doubt you could trade Malik... as someone already said the Devils tried to trade McGillis and NO ONE wanted him, so they waived him. If you think Malik is worse, as well as being more expensive, than you're not going to be able to trade him either.

So you're going to put Malik on waivers and bring in McGillis? Seems pointless to me especially when most people would say Malik is much better anyway.

Old
12-18-2005, 12:34 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
If you want to relax and have a nice discussion I don't think you should be calling people stupid.

Anyway, Malik is a better player right now than McGillis. It seems you want to claim McGillis and get rid of Malik? How exactly are you going to do that, and why? I doubt you could trade Malik... as someone already said the Devils tried to trade McGillis and NO ONE wanted him, so they waived him. If you think Malik is worse, as well as being more expensive, than you're not going to be able to trade him either.

So you're going to put Malik on waivers and bring in McGillis? Seems pointless to me especially when most people would say Malik is much better anyway.
Details, details, details. The "argument" we are witnessing has nothing to do with reality. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Old
12-18-2005, 01:13 AM
Edge

I've never been a big fan of McGillis. Even in his prime, I just never saw the big deal to be honest with you.

Old
12-18-2005, 01:14 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

No, I know there's no way their getting rid of Malik and bringing in McGillis. But now that McGillis is on waivers, I just felt the need to say I thought he was better than Malik. Didn't wanna get a big fight going but what ya gonna do. Good night all

Old
12-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Quote:
A defenseman is supposed to be physical, use his size, and have some speed. Malik has nothing. He just holds guys and gets away with it.

Maybe the worst post I have seen here in a while.

Malik is our best defenseman and has adjusted well to the rules unlike a pile of dirt like McGillis. Ask Devil fans what they think of him.

Old
12-18-2005, 05:47 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
No, I know there's no way their getting rid of Malik and bringing in McGillis. But now that McGillis is on waivers, I just felt the need to say I thought he was better than Malik. Didn't wanna get a big fight going but what ya gonna do. Good night all
McGillis cleared waivers yesterday at 12 pm noon.Waivers last for 24 hours.Every NHL team passed on McGillis

Old
12-18-2005, 05:48 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
Maybe the worst post I have seen here in a while.

Malik is our best defenseman and has adjusted well to the rules unlike a pile of dirt like McGillis. Ask Devil fans what they think of him.
Doesn't it seem the newbies seem to pop up around this time of year and during the summer

Old
12-18-2005, 06:29 AM
TUQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Doesn't it seem the newbies seem to pop up around this time of year and during the summer
Well said

Old
12-18-2005, 09:04 AM
polako

thanks to the new rules, mcgillis is no longer allowed to attach himself like a parasite onto a forward's body--which was his cover up for lack of talent. i think malik is a lot better positionally. yeah, i know he doesn't play like a guy his size usually plays, but he is a very effective defender.

also, on rozsival...look, i don't like the guy much either, but he logs the most icetime of any rangers dman and leads the team with a +10. it appears that he's the main dman on one of the best defenses in the league - i'll take it.

Old
12-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Fletch

His big plus...

has a lot to do with being on the ice when there are plenty of pluses being registered, i.e., he's out there a lot at even strength with Jagr. Switch places with another defenseman and he'd be leading the team in +/-.

Old
12-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Details, details, details. The "argument" we are witnessing has nothing to do with reality. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
That's why it frustrates me so much. I have a hard time not thinking this newbie is a fake since every post makes me feel dumber after I've read it.

Old
12-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

This thread keeps better and better. I just can't wait to see what tomorrow's bag of insults will be.

Old
12-19-2005, 12:36 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
This thread keeps better and better. I just can't wait to see what tomorrow's bag of insults will be.

Sorry Brook. Hate to ruin your fun but I'm going to have to ask that any further insults be handed out via PM.

12-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Just lock this thread... It's gotten to the point where 3/4 of it is argument anyway.

Old
12-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Sorry Brook. Hate to ruin your fun but I'm going to have to ask that any further insults be handed out via PM.
Gee, I thought I was contributing constructively! I'll button it up--wouldn't want to get my very first warning.

Old
12-19-2005, 12:39 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Gee, I thought I was contributing constructively! I'll button it up--wouldn't want to get my very first warning.

Check your PM, Brook

Old
12-19-2005, 12:49 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Gotta lock it now that McGillis is back with NJ

Closed Thread