HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official GDT: Bridgeport Sound Tigers @ Hartford Wolf Pack ~ 12-17-05

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Kovy274Hart

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Wow. Way to go Pack!

Time to recall Pock maybe? And give a looksie to Dawes???

Old
12-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Edge

Dawes I'd really like to see get a little more AHL time. He's hitting his stride now in the AHL but I just don't want to rush him either. I think later in the season it'd be nice to give him a look, but I really think Dawes would get more out of staying in the AHL right now than getting pushed to the NHL level.

Old
12-18-2005, 02:06 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
Wow. Way to go Pack!

Time to recall Pock maybe? And give a looksie to Dawes???
Recall Pock? I'd love to see him up at the NHL again but we already have 7 defensemen, Drats as it is needs to be getting playing time (which he will be back in the lineup tomorrow) and Renney won't bench Roz for some reason.

Looks like Pock will have to wait until we hit an injury bug on defense or we loose a dman from a trade.

Old
12-18-2005, 06:18 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Dawes I'd really like to see get a little more AHL time. He's hitting his stride now in the AHL but I just don't want to rush him either. I think later in the season it'd be nice to give him a look, but I really think Dawes would get more out of staying in the AHL right now than getting pushed to the NHL level.
He and Immonen are the closest to me Edge but Dawes seems to be a player that has to play on your top lines. Immonen might do okay as a 3rd liner. Another player that seems to be rising as commented about yesterday is Helminen. It's nice to see the Wolfpack be both a good team but most important of all a team developing young players.

Old
12-18-2005, 08:10 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Both are 2nd line players

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
He and Immonen are the closest to me Edge but Dawes seems to be a player that has to play on your top lines. Immonen might do okay as a 3rd liner. Another player that seems to be rising as commented about yesterday is Helminen. It's nice to see the Wolfpack be both a good team but most important of all a team developing young players.
While you may want to start them out in the NHL on lower lines, their skill sets are 2nd liners. Ideally you bring them in to play on the 2nd line. Maybe not together, but on recall when someone has a game or two minor injury. Break them in slowly, give them a little exposure, send them back to work a little more on their games. Eventually we should be in a position with these players that they can step right in. That would allow us to trade off an older vet or not re-sign them.

Old
12-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
While you may want to start them out in the NHL on lower lines, their skill sets are 2nd liners. Ideally you bring them in to play on the 2nd line. Maybe not together, but on recall when someone has a game or two minor injury. Break them in slowly, give them a little exposure, send them back to work a little more on their games. Eventually we should be in a position with these players that they can step right in. That would allow us to trade off an older vet or not re-sign them.
Do it exactly like Prucha with Dawes.

Old
12-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Fletch

Nigel's not even 21 yet...

so I don't worry much about how to bring him along except for he's in Hartford and will be through the end of the year, most likely. He's doing well for a 20/21 year old, but there's no rush - this is something to revisit in the Fall of 2006.

Old
12-18-2005, 07:05 PM
303Joe

I stand correct. I see Nilsson and Bergenhiem were in the line up last I heard they were both hurt. Surprised the Isles didn't bring Nilsson up w/ them and leave Coilltion in Bridgeport. Oh well take care guys.

Closed Thread