HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Godard vs. May - 12/17

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2005, 08:44 PM
gdflynn1*

vCash: 500
Godard vs. May - 12/17

Man, anyone else catch this throw-down. Wow...still can't believe the wooping May received. May is no slouch! Anyway, if anyway finds the video, please post.

Last edited by gdflynn1: 12-17-2005 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added date
Old
12-17-2005, 09:59 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdflynn1
Man, anyone else catch this throw-down. Wow...still can't believe the wooping May received. May is no slouch! Anyway, if anyway finds the video, please post.
Yep, I saw it. I saw the pre-game lineups and so I kept flipping with the Knicks and Giants game expecting a fight. McCormick, May, Godard, Colliton, Asham were all in the lineup. I definitley expected a physical one, no surprise when May went after Godard. But yeah, Godard is up there in the enforcers category, he's a tough kid. He's getting real good at skating too. Can't wait for a nice Godard-Orr battle once the Rangers and Isles renew their rivalry.

Old
12-17-2005, 10:29 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Yep, I saw it. I saw the pre-game lineups and so I kept flipping with the Knicks and Giants game expecting a fight. McCormick, May, Godard, Colliton, Asham were all in the lineup. I definitley expected a physical one, no surprise when May went after Godard. But yeah, Godard is up there in the enforcers category, he's a tough kid. He's getting real good at skating too. Can't wait for a nice Godard-Orr battle once the Rangers and Isles renew their rivalry.
Yea we gotta get Orr more time. Especially vs the Flyers with Huggy Bear Brashear. We should call up Grenier look at his PIM totals, and or Weller. Liffiton doing well too in Hartford.

Old
12-17-2005, 10:49 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Yea we gotta get Orr more time. Especially vs the Flyers with Huggy Bear Brashear. We should call up Grenier look at his PIM totals, and or Weller. Liffiton doing well too in Hartford.
You don't need Grenier up he is useless and you don't want to mess with your D. Put in Orr up front and Studwick in the back and you're fine. Brashear is the only fighter you have to worry about.

Old
12-17-2005, 10:51 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Haha. I just got into a verbal scuffle with a kid over Grenier. Grenier sucks according to him. He's not even comparible to Malik, who has been AMAZING according to them. Beyond me man. I really think we can get Grenier to be a top-knotch defenseman. Not gonna get anywhere if he doesn't get a shot though.

Old
12-17-2005, 10:59 PM
CoolDude*

Quote:
Haha. I just got into a verbal scuffle with a kid over Grenier. Grenier sucks according to him. He's not even comparible to Malik, who has been AMAZING according to them. Beyond me man. I really think we can get Grenier to be a top-knotch defenseman. Not gonna get anywhere if he doesn't get a shot though.
That sums up your hockey knowledge right there.

Old
12-17-2005, 11:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude

Id like Weller up here. He is a younger Strudwick.

Old
12-17-2005, 11:08 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude
And that sums up yours. Go Marek Malik, the big body with a lady's heart.

Old
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
is there a clip of this fight?

Old
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Id like Weller up here. He is a younger Strudwick.
Yeah, but Grenier is HUGE man

Old
12-17-2005, 11:09 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Yeah, but Grenier is HUGE man

yea, both should have taken turns over Purinton

Old
12-17-2005, 11:11 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
yea, both should have taken turns over Purinton
Haha, yeah. Oh well, do you agree McGillis>Malik?

Old
12-18-2005, 06:30 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe
You don't need Grenier up he is useless and you don't want to mess with your D. Put in Orr up front and Studwick in the back and you're fine. Brashear is the only fighter you have to worry about.
Agreed 303.

Old
12-18-2005, 07:09 AM
Fletch

Grenier is huge...

and there's a reason why he's not in the NHL. He's just not a very good defenseman - not a great skater at all. I don't know why one would say he can become a very good one, unless one thought that all Hartford defensemen had a decent chance.

Amd I wouldn't take this year's McGillis over Malik - and I dislike Malik (but think he's played quietly well over the last few weeks). The reason? Malik gets around much better - I don't get fooled by a tough defenseman who can't do much else. Two years ago I'd jump at the opp to get McGillis over Malik. Not today.

Old
12-18-2005, 07:42 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
and there's a reason why he's not in the NHL. He's just not a very good defenseman - not a great skater at all. I don't know why one would say he can become a very good one, unless one thought that all Hartford defensemen had a decent chance.

Amd I wouldn't take this year's McGillis over Malik - and I dislike Malik (but think he's played quietly well over the last few weeks). The reason? Malik gets around much better - I don't get fooled by a tough defenseman who can't do much else. Two years ago I'd jump at the opp to get McGillis over Malik. Not today.

When McGillis was with the Oilers Id take him, not now.

Old
12-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Jackson Ranger

It was old time hockey last night regarding the fight. Godard threw a big and clean hit on Liles. May stepped in for his teammate and the fight was definitely one sided to Godard.

I give Godard credit, he hit May at the end with two good shots with the last one cleanly hitting May in the face. Godard could have kept on throwing punches but he played by the code and waited until May essentially gave up (I'm surprised the linesmen didn't stop the fight earlier...even Micheletti was saying so).

Kudos to Godard for a great hit and fight and to May for sticking up for his teammate.

Old
12-18-2005, 11:58 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch

I guess that's pretty well said. I just can't stand huge guys who play like Poti physically. Oh well, Malik has found a way to contribute, no need to argue over it.

Old
12-18-2005, 12:00 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe
Yeah, agreed. How about when we face the Isles though, and they got Colley-Godard-Colliton, Lukowich was banging everyone last time and so was Hunter. The other thing...when Orr is dressed, let the kid play. Don't sit him at the end of the bench and treat him like a goon just throw him out there on the 4th line

Old
12-18-2005, 01:04 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Yeah, agreed. How about when we face the Isles though, and they got Colley-Godard-Colliton, Lukowich was banging everyone last time and so was Hunter. The other thing...when Orr is dressed, let the kid play. Don't sit him at the end of the bench and treat him like a goon just throw him out there on the 4th line
As far as Colley-Godard-Colliton I don't know a lot about Colliton but Colley's not very big and has been a career ahl'er one that Hollweg matches against very well. He is not a good player and neither is Godard. Strudwick in the meantime has done fairly well for us and might be able to hang with Godard. He's also shown himself to be a credible player. In any case I'm not all that worried about these guys. I don't see them as real factors other than in the potential mistakes they'll make.

Old
12-18-2005, 01:30 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
As far as Colley-Godard-Colliton I don't know a lot about Colliton but Colley's not very big and has been a career ahl'er one that Hollweg matches against very well. He is not a good player and neither is Godard. Strudwick in the meantime has done fairly well for us and might be able to hang with Godard. He's also shown himself to be a credible player. In any case I'm not all that worried about these guys. I don't see them as real factors other than in the potential mistakes they'll make.
Yeah, I see what youre saying. But Colley has been going around, taking runs at guys, and popping players. Godard is Godard, always a goon, and he always plays. Colliton and Collins also can scrap.

Old
12-18-2005, 01:43 PM
pei islander

may vs godard fight can be downloaded at hockeyfights.com just look at the video section on the left hand side of homepage.has all of last nights fights

Old
12-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Kostik

guys, who likes goon fights check this ;-)
http://www.hockeyfights.com/videos/

Old
12-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pei islander
may vs godard fight can be downloaded at hockeyfights.com just look at the video section on the left hand side of homepage.has all of last nights fights
crap, i didn't look up for the last post

Old
12-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Bruinaholic

Send a message via AIM to Bruinaholic
May got his asss handed too him

Old
12-18-2005, 02:31 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
I guess that makes me a "kid" who knows a ton more about the game of hockey than you will in your entire life.

If you think calling someone a "kid" is mature, than grow the **** up little boy.

Closed Thread