HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

A Thread That I Made About Schremp,Bolland,and Ryan...

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

vCash: 500
A Thread That I Made About Schremp,Bolland,and Ryan...

Breaking down their stats and seeing how they match up against each-other. Interesting that Bolland is seem as the far superior 2-way player, yet Schremp's +/-is +16 above Bollands. All 3 are having great seasons, I wonder which of the bunch will have the most dominant WJC's??? Oh well, enjoy!!!

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=202645

Old
12-18-2005, 10:53 AM
barfy2000

This is incredible...how these 3 guys are keeping up this pace is beyond me...

Old
12-18-2005, 11:32 PM
JrHockeyFan

Well . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfy2000
They are three very good, but very different, players.

Old
12-19-2005, 12:09 AM
barfy2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
They are three very good, but very different, players.
Uhh...thanks? I realize what type of players they are, I have seen all 3 in action before.

I just think it is amazing that they are all keeping up their torrid scoring paces this far into the season. Bravo, I say.

Old
12-19-2005, 01:56 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfy2000
A lot of powerplays...

Old
12-19-2005, 06:34 AM
insider
@MarkF_FC

The PP Factor is obvious with Bolland. As if he'd get 71 points with a plus minus of minus 3

Old
12-19-2005, 08:35 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider
The PP Factor is obvious with Bolland. As if he'd get 71 points with a plus minus of minus 3
That number is one that I find quite strange. It probably has to do with the situations Bolland is on the ice for, who he is matched up against, as well as getting a lot of ice time in those first four games

Old
12-19-2005, 12:03 PM
DLMDLM

Hate to say it but Ryan

All three will have very good wjc. Bolland just went down with a "upper body injury" though.

I say Ryan will be better then Bols because of better line mates ie Schremp. The US team is stronger and Schremp will get the puck to the net for Ryan to bang in. Also Ryan will benefit greatly from playing with smaller players ... he's a huge power forward who will push the kids out of the way.

If Schremp was Canadian I give the edge to Bolland cuz they play so well together... but since he's not Ryan look great with Schremp.

And this coming from a guy with 91 on the back of his jersey... makes me sick... lol

Old
12-19-2005, 12:06 PM
DLMDLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
That number is one that I find quite strange. It probably has to do with the situations Bolland is on the ice for, who he is matched up against, as well as getting a lot of ice time in those first four games
I think your correct. Bolland took a beating in the first 4 loses and plays pp and against the top line. So his 65 ish points on the pp don't count and the rest of the time he's up against the top lines with junior d-men.

If it wern't for Dennis in net the whole team would be negative.

Schremp on the other hand tends to play on the pk and against 3-4th lines when we're able to get that match up. Schremp kills against younger players that haven't seen his skill level before.

Old
12-19-2005, 05:03 PM
barfy2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
A lot of powerplays...
its still impressive in my books.

Old
12-22-2005, 03:19 PM
MetalMilitia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMDLM
I say Ryan will be better then Bols because of better line mates ie Schremp.
Bobby Ryan will always be better than Bolland regardless of his linemates. Take this season as an example. Bobby Ryan playes mainly with Josh Bailey and Matt Kang, period. On the PP, Bobby controls everything, and is usually credited with the first assist on every PP goal (every Angelidas goal ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMDLM
The US team is stronger and Schremp will get the puck to the net for Ryan to bang in.
The US team is a lot stronger, but that isn't how the goals will be scored. Bobby Ryan will feed Schremp with breakaway pass after breakaway pass and beautiful saucer passes over defenders sticks straight to Schremp waiting in the slot. Schremp will then one time the puck top shelf and everyone will say Schremp was the best player in the WJHC even though without Bobby, he wouldn't look half as good. Schremp is a great shooter, but with Bobby, he is a hall of famer, if you know what I mean.

Old
12-22-2005, 03:52 PM
DLMDLM

Yes I do know what you mean. I agree Ryan is a better all around player and always will be better then Bolland. This will be enhanced by Schremp.

I've only seen Ryan play about half a dozen times in the last few years so I can't say definetley that he will be doing all the work for Schremp but I assure you Schremp is a lot more then just a good shot .... he creates space for others and will start plays very well out of his own end.

They will work well together and I understand Ryan's tallant but don't paint Schremp as sitting in the slot waiting for the feed for 60 mins.

Old
12-22-2005, 03:58 PM
DLMDLM

Schremp is a great shooter, but with Bobby, he is a hall of famer, if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE]

lol.... Brett Hull wouldn't have had half the goals without Oats back in the day but it helps Oats make a name for himself to.... nobody remembers a guy who makes a great pass to a guy who can't hit the side of a barn! .....

I'm not starting anything just enjoying the conversation

Old
12-25-2005, 02:53 PM
JrHockeyFan

True

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
Bolland was a minus 6 through those first four games. The team was struggling and giving up a lot of goals. As you noted he logged lots of minutes.

He has been a plus since then. But I think there are two things worth pointing out:

Bolland and Schremp are still logging a lot of minutes of all kinds. Simply put, they are on the ice quite a bit for a lot of situations.

The other thing is the trend over the last month where London has scored a lot less and stressed defense more. Those really high scoring affairs just are not happening. Meanwhile, their goals against has improved such that they are almost even with the Petes. I would not have expected that a month ago.

Schremp is doing better though, it must be admitted when it comes to +/-

Closed Thread