HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Ouzas dealt to Owen Sound!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2005, 10:17 PM
  #1
MetalMilitia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Ouzas dealt to Owen Sound!

That's right, last years goalie of the year has been dealt.

Owen Sound receives OA goaltender Michael Ouzas from Missy for 86' goaltender Kyle Knechtel , 87' Dman Kyle Lamb and a conditional 3rd round pick. This is an amazing deal for the Attack as they have had goalie troubles all year. They have outshot every single opponent this year except Peterborough and Kitchener once (36-35), and yet they are 16-11-3. The Attack give up a confidence ridden tender in Knechtel, and a -15 Dman in Kyle Lamb who has never really looked comfortable in Owen Sound. Great deal by the 2004 GM of The Year , Mike Futa.

MetalMilitia is offline  
Old
12-12-2005, 11:03 PM
  #2
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,967
vCash: 500
This makes the Attack a much stronger team. Mississauga gets not much in return for arguably the best goalie in the league.

Nice pickup for Owen Sound!

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
12-12-2005, 11:56 PM
  #3
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,019
vCash: 500
It's nice to see him go somewhere that will help him out a bit more. He was getting a ton of shots in Missy every night. It was a waste to have him there as the Dogs aren't in a win now position.

EazyB97 is offline  
Old
12-13-2005, 10:06 AM
  #4
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Well . . .

Definitely an improvement over Knechtel. I am not quite sure I see how Mississauga gained much in this deal. Then again Ouzas is an OA.

I am not sure Ouzas is among the best goalies this year right now. I'd have to go with Lacosta or Dennis. Dennis in particular is playing with a really inexperienced Defense in front of him and is playing every night. He has seen as much rubber as Ouzas has but with a better Save %. Only 2 regulation losses this year against a league leading 22 wins.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-13-2005, 11:37 AM
  #5
Default101
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,064
vCash: 500
somebody is fishing for the 1st overall pick

Default101 is offline  
Old
12-13-2005, 03:35 PM
  #6
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Definitely an improvement over Knechtel. I am not quite sure I see how Mississauga gained much in this deal. Then again Ouzas is an OA.

I am not sure Ouzas is among the best goalies this year right now. I'd have to go with Lacosta or Dennis. Dennis in particular is playing with a really inexperienced Defense in front of him and is playing every night. He has seen as much rubber as Ouzas has but with a better Save %. Only 2 regulation losses this year against a league leading 22 wins.
London scores double the Goals Mississauga does, which is huge for the goalie. They both face alot of shots, but Mississauga doesn't have any fire power up front. It helped the scores get more out of hand because a 2-goal spread in Mississauga was game over, where that isn't the case in London. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the year unfolds.

EazyB97 is offline  
Old
12-13-2005, 09:27 PM
  #7
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Not quite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97
London scores double the Goals Mississauga does, which is huge for the goalie. They both face alot of shots, but Mississauga doesn't have any fire power up front. It helped the scores get more out of hand because a 2-goal spread in Mississauga was game over, where that isn't the case in London. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the year unfolds.
Last year London had Dan Syvret, Rodney, Methot, and Girrardi.

This year they have Rediker (who is hurt right now), MacReady, Aarsen, Martinelli, Corey Syvret, and Ferry. Regardless of scoring that is a really young D group.

I know that Ouzas did not have as good a team in front of him. But on the other hand, Dennis is playing every game and sees one heck of a lot of rubber in any case. And when the Knights are on the PP, there are 5 forwards out there which has created some interesting scenarios.

Dennis has had to stand really tall for London this year. Take the most recent Owen Sound game. Stopped Ryan on a breakaway. Ryan was awarded a penalty shot even though he got a shot off, and Adam stopped him again.

I am not knocking any other goalie. I am just saying Dennis deserves respect for the job he is doing. 22 wins and only 2 regulation losses is damn fine goaltending if you look closely at the games.

Hey as far as I am concerned he should have gotten a shot at the World Juniors, but the Knights would really be hurting in net.

PS: Boland, Kostitsyn are already gone. Schremp soon to follow. Syvret off to the under 17s.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-13-2005, 10:53 PM
  #8
Pothier
Registered User
 
Pothier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kingston, ON
Posts: 4,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
This year they have Rediker (who is hurt right now), MacReady, Aarsen, Martinelli, Corey Syvret, and Ferry. Regardless of scoring that is a really young D group.
Don't forget about Jarram!

Pothier is offline  
Old
12-13-2005, 11:10 PM
  #9
thomasincanada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Hey as far as I am concerned he should have gotten a shot at the World Juniors, but the Knights would really be hurting in net.
Even if he played really well, I have a hard time believing Sutter would choose him over guys that are actually eligible to play in the tournament.

thomasincanada is offline  
Old
12-14-2005, 01:44 PM
  #10
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
Even if he played really well, I have a hard time believing Sutter would choose him over guys that are actually eligible to play in the tournament.
The beauty of sarcasm! Thanks for jumping in on that one...

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
12-14-2005, 04:33 PM
  #11
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Yeah, the funny thing is he's probably been ranting about that for a week now.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 12:31 AM
  #12
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Last year London had Dan Syvret, Rodney, Methot, and Girrardi.

This year they have Rediker (who is hurt right now), MacReady, Aarsen, Martinelli, Corey Syvret, and Ferry. Regardless of scoring that is a really young D group.

I know that Ouzas did not have as good a team in front of him. But on the other hand, Dennis is playing every game and sees one heck of a lot of rubber in any case. And when the Knights are on the PP, there are 5 forwards out there which has created some interesting scenarios.

Dennis has had to stand really tall for London this year. Take the most recent Owen Sound game. Stopped Ryan on a breakaway. Ryan was awarded a penalty shot even though he got a shot off, and Adam stopped him again.

I am not knocking any other goalie. I am just saying Dennis deserves respect for the job he is doing. 22 wins and only 2 regulation losses is damn fine goaltending if you look closely at the games.

Hey as far as I am concerned he should have gotten a shot at the World Juniors, but the Knights would really be hurting in net.

PS: Boland, Kostitsyn are already gone. Schremp soon to follow. Syvret off to the under 17s.
I am not saying London didn't lose players or their new D isn't weak (haven't seen them at all this year), I'm just saying Ouzas was getting no offensive support and very little in his own end. It's a difficult situation to be in, at least Dennis knew his team could score.

EazyB97 is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:53 AM
  #13
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Fair enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97
I am not saying London didn't lose players or their new D isn't weak (haven't seen them at all this year), I'm just saying Ouzas was getting no offensive support and very little in his own end. It's a difficult situation to be in, at least Dennis knew his team could score.
I see your point.

I found it a bit ironic that the Owen Sound TV guys were using lack of rubber as an excuse for Ouzas last night. Any cliche to suit the moment I guess.

PS: London just dealt two D guys for one yesterday. They picked up Pelech from Sarnia in exchange for Ferry and McReady. The Hunters are saying they want to build for another run.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 04:42 PM
  #14
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
I don't see how lasts night game had anything to do with poor play by Ouzas, JRhockeyfan, but you know best.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 10:03 AM
  #15
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
Even if he played really well, I have a hard time believing Sutter would choose him over guys that are actually eligible to play in the tournament.
You are certainly correct.

My greater concern was that he seldom gets any credit from some for playing well, a lot like Coleman and MacDonald last year. Kind of a reverse bias. If you are a good goalie on a good team you have a hard time outshining some guys who are in a dog fight every night. This team he is playing for this year is not nearly as good.

Sorry if I beat the drum too much on the topic. But I still think he is playing very good.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 10:14 AM
  #16
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Settle down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
I don't see how lasts night game had anything to do with poor play by Ouzas, JRhockeyfan, but you know best.
Perhaps I did not make it clear enough for you. I did not blame Ouzas for anything last night. As a matter of fact I do not recall saying Ouzas played poorly at all. Nor did I blame him for the loss. If I did, please show me where.

What I did say was the Owen Sound Rogers announcers were making excuses about lack of rubber for Ouzas. Which is also why I mentioned dragging out cliches. Something that crew does ad nauseum.

Ouzas is a good goalie and has improved Owen Sound in net, which is what my first post said.

Read more carefully will you Gagne. I'll take my lumps when I deserve them.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 10:26 AM
  #17
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battochio30
Don't forget about Jarram!
Right. Jarram has played in 5 games so far I think. Nothing memorable, but that can be considered a good thing for D guys sometimes.

Two callups are in tonite's lineup. Crawford from JrA Wellington and Noyes from the Pet Jets. Pretty green back there (pun not intended).

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 05:46 PM
  #18
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Perhaps I did not make it clear enough for you. I did not blame Ouzas for anything last night. As a matter of fact I do not recall saying Ouzas played poorly at all. Nor did I blame him for the loss. If I did, please show me where.

What I did say was the Owen Sound Rogers announcers were making excuses about lack of rubber for Ouzas. Which is also why I mentioned dragging out cliches. Something that crew does ad nauseum.

Ouzas is a good goalie and has improved Owen Sound in net, which is what my first post said.

Read more carefully will you Gagne. I'll take my lumps when I deserve them.
Yes, you definitely didn't imply anything in that post.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 11:21 PM
  #19
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Yeah well

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Yes, you definitely didn't imply anything in that post.
Since you need things literally spelled out: Ouzas did not play bad against Guelph and was not the cause of them losing.

Meanwhile Owen Sound announcers were making excuses about Ouzas not seeing enough rubber. I thought it was a funny comment to make at the time all things considered. Read the whole thread. If you want to know why they said that you will have to ask them.

I didn't think he played badly at all, but the announcers seemed desperate for a saviour or something. It just struck me as funny that the same goalie who is good but sees too much rubber in Mississauga was not seeing enough rubber in Owen Sound according to the announcers.

Nothing was being implied.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 11:37 PM
  #20
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Reply part2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battochio30
Don't forget about Jarram!
Jarram was playing forward tonite and has done so a couple of other times. Tonite the two call ups played on defense and got some decent ice time. It doesn't look like Jarram will be playing much defense if he did not play there tonite.

He did get in fight and did pretty good. Perhaps that is his role.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 11:44 PM
  #21
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Since you need things literally spelled out: Ouzas did not play bad against Guelph and was not the cause of them losing.

Meanwhile Owen Sound announcers were making excuses about Ouzas not seeing enough rubber. I thought it was a funny comment to make at the time all things considered. Read the whole thread. If you want to know why they said that you will have to ask them.

I didn't think he played badly at all, but the announcers seemed desperate for a saviour or something. It just struck me as funny that the same goalie who is good but sees too much rubber in Mississauga was not seeing enough rubber in Owen Sound according to the announcers.

Nothing was being implied.
Why would they be excuses if he played well?

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 11:45 PM
  #22
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Jarram was playing forward tonite and has done so a couple of other times. Tonite the two call ups played on defense and got some decent ice time. It doesn't look like Jarram will be playing much defense if he did not play there tonite.

He did get in fight and did pretty good. Perhaps that is his role.
He's an awful fighter. Even with the 67's, every fight he'd get into was a huge hugfest.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 11:50 PM
  #23
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Good grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Why would they be excuses if he played well?
You have obviously missed the point.

You'd have to ask the Owen Sound announcers. If they were not making excuses up, why did they mention it all?

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 11:56 PM
  #24
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Well . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
He's an awful fighter. Even with the 67's, every fight he'd get into was a huge hugfest.
Tonite that was not the case. He landed quite a few punches. That fight was immediately followed by a fight between Justin Allen and Beaulieu. Beaulieu handled him pretty good.

Meanwhile, perhaps you can explain why Justin Allen is now with Sudbury?

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-18-2005, 11:14 AM
  #25
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Tonite that was not the case. He landed quite a few punches. That fight was immediately followed by a fight between Justin Allen and Beaulieu. Beaulieu handled him pretty good.

Meanwhile, perhaps you can explain why Justin Allen is now with Sudbury?
That's funny, Knights fans on the NOOF said Allen won that one. Weird. You must have special eyesight.

And he's with Sudbury becuase of the Ouzas deal.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.