Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Ouzas dealt to Owen Sound!

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2005, 10:17 PM
MetalMilitia

vCash: 500
Ouzas dealt to Owen Sound!

That's right, last years goalie of the year has been dealt.

Owen Sound receives OA goaltender Michael Ouzas from Missy for 86' goaltender Kyle Knechtel , 87' Dman Kyle Lamb and a conditional 3rd round pick. This is an amazing deal for the Attack as they have had goalie troubles all year. They have outshot every single opponent this year except Peterborough and Kitchener once (36-35), and yet they are 16-11-3. The Attack give up a confidence ridden tender in Knechtel, and a -15 Dman in Kyle Lamb who has never really looked comfortable in Owen Sound. Great deal by the 2004 GM of The Year , Mike Futa.

Old
12-12-2005, 11:03 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

This makes the Attack a much stronger team. Mississauga gets not much in return for arguably the best goalie in the league.

Nice pickup for Owen Sound!

Old
12-12-2005, 11:56 PM
EazyB97

It's nice to see him go somewhere that will help him out a bit more. He was getting a ton of shots in Missy every night. It was a waste to have him there as the Dogs aren't in a win now position.

Old
12-13-2005, 10:06 AM
JrHockeyFan

Well . . .

Definitely an improvement over Knechtel. I am not quite sure I see how Mississauga gained much in this deal. Then again Ouzas is an OA.

I am not sure Ouzas is among the best goalies this year right now. I'd have to go with Lacosta or Dennis. Dennis in particular is playing with a really inexperienced Defense in front of him and is playing every night. He has seen as much rubber as Ouzas has but with a better Save %. Only 2 regulation losses this year against a league leading 22 wins.

Old
12-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Default101

somebody is fishing for the 1st overall pick

Old
12-13-2005, 03:35 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Definitely an improvement over Knechtel. I am not quite sure I see how Mississauga gained much in this deal. Then again Ouzas is an OA.

I am not sure Ouzas is among the best goalies this year right now. I'd have to go with Lacosta or Dennis. Dennis in particular is playing with a really inexperienced Defense in front of him and is playing every night. He has seen as much rubber as Ouzas has but with a better Save %. Only 2 regulation losses this year against a league leading 22 wins.
London scores double the Goals Mississauga does, which is huge for the goalie. They both face alot of shots, but Mississauga doesn't have any fire power up front. It helped the scores get more out of hand because a 2-goal spread in Mississauga was game over, where that isn't the case in London. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the year unfolds.

Old
12-13-2005, 09:27 PM
JrHockeyFan

Not quite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97
London scores double the Goals Mississauga does, which is huge for the goalie. They both face alot of shots, but Mississauga doesn't have any fire power up front. It helped the scores get more out of hand because a 2-goal spread in Mississauga was game over, where that isn't the case in London. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the year unfolds.
Last year London had Dan Syvret, Rodney, Methot, and Girrardi.

This year they have Rediker (who is hurt right now), MacReady, Aarsen, Martinelli, Corey Syvret, and Ferry. Regardless of scoring that is a really young D group.

I know that Ouzas did not have as good a team in front of him. But on the other hand, Dennis is playing every game and sees one heck of a lot of rubber in any case. And when the Knights are on the PP, there are 5 forwards out there which has created some interesting scenarios.

Dennis has had to stand really tall for London this year. Take the most recent Owen Sound game. Stopped Ryan on a breakaway. Ryan was awarded a penalty shot even though he got a shot off, and Adam stopped him again.

I am not knocking any other goalie. I am just saying Dennis deserves respect for the job he is doing. 22 wins and only 2 regulation losses is damn fine goaltending if you look closely at the games.

Hey as far as I am concerned he should have gotten a shot at the World Juniors, but the Knights would really be hurting in net.

PS: Boland, Kostitsyn are already gone. Schremp soon to follow. Syvret off to the under 17s.

Old
12-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Pothier

Quote:
This year they have Rediker (who is hurt right now), MacReady, Aarsen, Martinelli, Corey Syvret, and Ferry. Regardless of scoring that is a really young D group.
Don't forget about Jarram!

Old
12-13-2005, 11:10 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Hey as far as I am concerned he should have gotten a shot at the World Juniors, but the Knights would really be hurting in net.
Even if he played really well, I have a hard time believing Sutter would choose him over guys that are actually eligible to play in the tournament.

Old
12-14-2005, 01:44 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
Even if he played really well, I have a hard time believing Sutter would choose him over guys that are actually eligible to play in the tournament.
The beauty of sarcasm! Thanks for jumping in on that one...

Old
12-14-2005, 04:33 PM
FearTheFlyers

Yeah, the funny thing is he's probably been ranting about that for a week now.

Old
12-15-2005, 12:31 AM
EazyB97

Quote:
Last year London had Dan Syvret, Rodney, Methot, and Girrardi.

I know that Ouzas did not have as good a team in front of him. But on the other hand, Dennis is playing every game and sees one heck of a lot of rubber in any case. And when the Knights are on the PP, there are 5 forwards out there which has created some interesting scenarios.

Dennis has had to stand really tall for London this year. Take the most recent Owen Sound game. Stopped Ryan on a breakaway. Ryan was awarded a penalty shot even though he got a shot off, and Adam stopped him again.

I am not knocking any other goalie. I am just saying Dennis deserves respect for the job he is doing. 22 wins and only 2 regulation losses is damn fine goaltending if you look closely at the games.

PS: Boland, Kostitsyn are already gone. Schremp soon to follow. Syvret off to the under 17s.
I am not saying London didn't lose players or their new D isn't weak (haven't seen them at all this year), I'm just saying Ouzas was getting no offensive support and very little in his own end. It's a difficult situation to be in, at least Dennis knew his team could score.

Old
12-15-2005, 10:53 AM
JrHockeyFan

Fair enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97
I am not saying London didn't lose players or their new D isn't weak (haven't seen them at all this year), I'm just saying Ouzas was getting no offensive support and very little in his own end. It's a difficult situation to be in, at least Dennis knew his team could score.
I see your point.

I found it a bit ironic that the Owen Sound TV guys were using lack of rubber as an excuse for Ouzas last night. Any cliche to suit the moment I guess.

PS: London just dealt two D guys for one yesterday. They picked up Pelech from Sarnia in exchange for Ferry and McReady. The Hunters are saying they want to build for another run.

Old
12-15-2005, 04:42 PM
FearTheFlyers

I don't see how lasts night game had anything to do with poor play by Ouzas, JRhockeyfan, but you know best.

Old
12-16-2005, 10:03 AM
JrHockeyFan

Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
You are certainly correct.

My greater concern was that he seldom gets any credit from some for playing well, a lot like Coleman and MacDonald last year. Kind of a reverse bias. If you are a good goalie on a good team you have a hard time outshining some guys who are in a dog fight every night. This team he is playing for this year is not nearly as good.

Sorry if I beat the drum too much on the topic. But I still think he is playing very good.

Old
12-16-2005, 10:14 AM
JrHockeyFan

Settle down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
I don't see how lasts night game had anything to do with poor play by Ouzas, JRhockeyfan, but you know best.
Perhaps I did not make it clear enough for you. I did not blame Ouzas for anything last night. As a matter of fact I do not recall saying Ouzas played poorly at all. Nor did I blame him for the loss. If I did, please show me where.

What I did say was the Owen Sound Rogers announcers were making excuses about lack of rubber for Ouzas. Which is also why I mentioned dragging out cliches. Something that crew does ad nauseum.

Ouzas is a good goalie and has improved Owen Sound in net, which is what my first post said.

Read more carefully will you Gagne. I'll take my lumps when I deserve them.

Old
12-16-2005, 10:26 AM
JrHockeyFan

Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battochio30
Right. Jarram has played in 5 games so far I think. Nothing memorable, but that can be considered a good thing for D guys sometimes.

Two callups are in tonite's lineup. Crawford from JrA Wellington and Noyes from the Pet Jets. Pretty green back there (pun not intended).

Old
12-16-2005, 05:46 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Perhaps I did not make it clear enough for you. I did not blame Ouzas for anything last night. As a matter of fact I do not recall saying Ouzas played poorly at all. Nor did I blame him for the loss. If I did, please show me where.

What I did say was the Owen Sound Rogers announcers were making excuses about lack of rubber for Ouzas. Which is also why I mentioned dragging out cliches. Something that crew does ad nauseum.

Ouzas is a good goalie and has improved Owen Sound in net, which is what my first post said.

Read more carefully will you Gagne. I'll take my lumps when I deserve them.
Yes, you definitely didn't imply anything in that post.

Old
12-16-2005, 11:21 PM
JrHockeyFan

Yeah well

Quote:
Yes, you definitely didn't imply anything in that post.
Since you need things literally spelled out: Ouzas did not play bad against Guelph and was not the cause of them losing.

Meanwhile Owen Sound announcers were making excuses about Ouzas not seeing enough rubber. I thought it was a funny comment to make at the time all things considered. Read the whole thread. If you want to know why they said that you will have to ask them.

I didn't think he played badly at all, but the announcers seemed desperate for a saviour or something. It just struck me as funny that the same goalie who is good but sees too much rubber in Mississauga was not seeing enough rubber in Owen Sound according to the announcers.

Nothing was being implied.

Old
12-16-2005, 11:37 PM
JrHockeyFan

Reply part2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battochio30
Jarram was playing forward tonite and has done so a couple of other times. Tonite the two call ups played on defense and got some decent ice time. It doesn't look like Jarram will be playing much defense if he did not play there tonite.

He did get in fight and did pretty good. Perhaps that is his role.

Old
12-16-2005, 11:44 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Since you need things literally spelled out: Ouzas did not play bad against Guelph and was not the cause of them losing.

Meanwhile Owen Sound announcers were making excuses about Ouzas not seeing enough rubber. I thought it was a funny comment to make at the time all things considered. Read the whole thread. If you want to know why they said that you will have to ask them.

I didn't think he played badly at all, but the announcers seemed desperate for a saviour or something. It just struck me as funny that the same goalie who is good but sees too much rubber in Mississauga was not seeing enough rubber in Owen Sound according to the announcers.

Nothing was being implied.
Why would they be excuses if he played well?

Old
12-16-2005, 11:45 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Jarram was playing forward tonite and has done so a couple of other times. Tonite the two call ups played on defense and got some decent ice time. It doesn't look like Jarram will be playing much defense if he did not play there tonite.

He did get in fight and did pretty good. Perhaps that is his role.
He's an awful fighter. Even with the 67's, every fight he'd get into was a huge hugfest.

Old
12-16-2005, 11:50 PM
JrHockeyFan

Good grief

Quote:
Why would they be excuses if he played well?
You have obviously missed the point.

You'd have to ask the Owen Sound announcers. If they were not making excuses up, why did they mention it all?

Old
12-16-2005, 11:56 PM
JrHockeyFan

Well . . .

Quote:
He's an awful fighter. Even with the 67's, every fight he'd get into was a huge hugfest.
Tonite that was not the case. He landed quite a few punches. That fight was immediately followed by a fight between Justin Allen and Beaulieu. Beaulieu handled him pretty good.

Meanwhile, perhaps you can explain why Justin Allen is now with Sudbury?

Old
12-18-2005, 11:14 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Tonite that was not the case. He landed quite a few punches. That fight was immediately followed by a fight between Justin Allen and Beaulieu. Beaulieu handled him pretty good.

Meanwhile, perhaps you can explain why Justin Allen is now with Sudbury?
That's funny, Knights fans on the NOOF said Allen won that one. Weird. You must have special eyesight.

And he's with Sudbury becuase of the Ouzas deal.

Closed Thread