Notices

Kevan Miller - II

Old
03-06-2016, 08:01 AM
indy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
4 GAA two of the best offensive teams in the league, I`d say they were starting to do just that
I agree. (That's what I meant by "even more.")

Last edited by indy: 03-06-2016 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Put in a bracket.
indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Number8
Jacobs Must Go

Two games with the Caps and two cheap boarding incidents that cost us a DMan for significant (one would assume with KMiller) time.

If that were the Bruins of post 2011 they'd have been neutered by the League by now.

Get well soon KMiiller.

Number8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 08:48 AM
BNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
4 GAA two of the best offensive teams in the league, I`d say they were starting to do just that
I'd temper my elation,a rested Bruins team played 2 top teams on their back to back nights playing their backup goalies.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 08:57 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdz View Post
The NHL will go through the motions but nothing will happen because it is Ovechkin.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 09:08 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy View Post
K-Mill gets a lot of grief (some well deserved) but he has been playing better and the fact Ovi attempted to injure him (and succeeded) someone needed to step up and make the Russian pay.

Hopefully this lights the fire the B's need to tighten up the D even more and bury some of those in close chances.
Don't think that is true at all.

Not sure if that hit injures anyone who doesn't already have a bad shoulder. No blow to the head, probably only a 2 minute penalty if it wasn't Miller.

Dennis Bonvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 09:20 AM
indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
Don't think that is true at all.

Not sure if that hit injures anyone who doesn't already have a bad shoulder. No blow to the head, probably only a 2 minute penalty if it wasn't Miller.
Watch the replay. All Ovi sees are Kevins numbers. He doesn't let up at all. If this was ANY other player besides the NHL's poster boys that would have been a match penalty for attempt to injure.

indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 09:30 AM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:
K-Mill gets a lot of grief (some well deserved) but he has been playing better and the fact Ovi attempted to injure him (and succeeded) someone needed to step up and make the Russian pay.

Hopefully this lights the fire the B's need to tighten up the D even more and bury some of those in close chances.
I agree that k Miller has been playing better as of late. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it looked. As for your comment on ovi ATTEMTING And SUCCEEDING to injure him leads me to believe that you think ovi wanted him to get injured after the check. I don't buy it. Stupid play but I've seen a lot worse and it looked to me that ovi felt bad after. fwiw he still needs to be held accountable for a bad check.

MAINE-IAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 09:47 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

vCash: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINE-IAC View Post
I agree that k Miller has been playing better as of late. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it looked. As for your comment on ovi ATTEMTING And SUCCEEDING to injure him leads me to believe that you think ovi wanted him to get injured after the check. I don't buy it. Stupid play but I've seen a lot worse and it looked to me that ovi felt bad after. fwiw he still needs to be held accountable for a bad check.
He didn't appear very remorseful in the post game when he called it a hockey play, despite seeing Miller's numbers the entire time. At his size any illegal hit is extra dirty.

Plenty of knee on knees and dirty hits shows he is a very reckless player. I like how he plays but every time he crosses the line is cringeworthy.

Essentially Ovechkin absolved himself of all responsibility by claiming it wasn't as though he headhunted Miller.

Last edited by PatriceBergeronFan: 03-06-2016 at 09:52 AM.
PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Sorry, Liles not Seids. Both can play both sides.

Chara--Liles
Krug--McQuaid
Morrow--Seids

Only 1 RH shot in the grouping likely means that the other Miller is getting called up.

Other playoff RH options are:
Trotman (Blah)
Chudinov... knock on wood
Carlo ... available in a few weeks. Long shot.
O'Gara
Ok. That I'm fine with.

Ten Thousand Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 10:15 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Clode

Quote:
Watch the replay. All Ovi sees are Kevins numbers. He doesn't let up at all. If this was ANY other player besides the NHL's poster boys that would have been a match penalty for attempt to injure.
I don't think that AO was trying to injure Miller, but that's really not an excuse. It was a textbook board that resulted in a (significant?) injury to another player. It doesn't matter what the intent was IMO. If you look at AO's hits over the years, there is a lot of them that are "dirty". The excuse is always that he's just "playing the game hard" and "he didn't mean to hurt the guy". Bergeron plays the game hard every night and you don't see hits like that from him.

Recklessness and stupidity are not excuses for hits like this.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Mount Kramer Cameras

Many of the arguments on the main board revolve around Ovi doing the dignified thing and 'letting up' before he hit him. Ovi 'letting up' is akin to a freight train hitting the brakes 50 metres before it annihilates whatever is in it's path. He'd built up a good head of steam, and when you watch it in real time from the rear angle you get a feel for just how heavy the hit was.

Mount Kramer Cameras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 10:40 AM
JRull86

I said it to my fiancee and friend while watching the game last night, and I'll say it again here. That hit was completely out of line, and the fact that it resulted in an injury makes it even worse. It wasn't one of those hits where the guy turns at the last second and gets boarded. Ovi saw his numbers the entire way, and drove him into the boards, and that's the problem.

Yeah he wasn't targetting the head or anything, but it's still malicious as hell and frankly deserved to be a game misconduct, and suspension. That's not a "hockey play", and players need to be held accountable for that stuff.

JRull86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
I'd temper my elation,a rested Bruins team played 2 top teams on their back to back nights playing their backup goalies.
What's hysterical that many, like Felger, were saying "Oh they aren't even a playoff team, why didn't they sell?? Wait until they play CHI and WAS this week they are going to get 'porked'".

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 10:44 AM
bruins repeat time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I don't think that AO was trying to injure Miller, but that's really not an excuse. It was a textbook board that resulted in a (significant?) injury to another player. It doesn't matter what the intent was IMO. If you look at AO's hits over the years, there is a lot of them that are "dirty". The excuse is always that he's just "playing the game hard" and "he didn't mean to hurt the guy". Bergeron plays the game hard every night and you don't see hits like that from him.

Recklessness and stupidity are not excuses for hits like this.
This is right on to me except he plays a way more physical game than bergy so I would use a better player example. I am sure he didn't try to hurt him and actually let up in the slightest but he had plenty of time to pull off this hit. If it was rinaldo on Crosby he would get 15 games. Kevan did turn so if he was closer I could give ovie a break but he knew he couldn't hit him there like that

bruins repeat time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 10:50 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Clode

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutekii View Post
Many of the arguments on the main board revolve around Ovi doing the dignified thing and 'letting up' before he hit him. Ovi 'letting up' is akin to a freight train hitting the brakes 50 metres before it annihilates whatever is in it's path. He'd built up a good head of steam, and when you watch it in real time from the rear angle you get a feel for just how heavy the hit was.
Later on, when Chara got the "rough" trying to avoid an Ovechkin hit, I counted the steps. He took 6 strides before he "coasted" in to the check. This type of thing is routine for AO. If he got a few more sticks in the chops, maybe he would think twice about the charge.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 11:43 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
who`s elated? Tired or otherwise, can`t deny the talent on both rosters, and in the Hawks and Caps game, really appreciated the way the B`s forced the play often to the perimeter.

Still won`t convince me the Caps wouldn`t steamroll our boys in a series but also won`t hammer the boys for doing a good job

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 11:44 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
What's hysterical that many, like Felger, were saying "Oh they aren't even a playoff team, why didn't they sell?? Wait until they play CHI and WAS this week they are going to get 'porked'".
kinda felt the same, regardless if both teams were playing our boys on the back half of 2 game in two night stint

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
You still listening to that bumbling idiot?

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 12:54 PM
shackattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
I said it to my fiancee and friend while watching the game last night, and I'll say it again here. That hit was completely out of line, and the fact that it resulted in an injury makes it even worse. It wasn't one of those hits where the guy turns at the last second and gets boarded. Ovi saw his numbers the entire way, and drove him into the boards, and that's the problem.

Yeah he wasn't targetting the head or anything, but it's still malicious as hell and frankly deserved to be a game misconduct, and suspension. That's not a "hockey play", and players need to be held accountable for that stuff.
The guy played rest of game and Bruins did nothing.He should have been asked to fight multiple times.Right in his face and challenge him.Make him fight or be seen as a coward.I agree he saw Millers numbers entire way.Slimy play and again league does nothing.

shackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Bruins will miss K.Miller. yes. The Bruins will miss K.Miller.

Right now he is better than Morrow,Trotman or C.Miller.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Right now he is better than C.Miller.
Don't agree with that. Part of defense is keeping the puck in the offensive zone and making plays in the defensive and neutral zones to get the puck in the offensive zone. Colin is much better in those areas and that's why his possession numbers are better.

Ten Thousand Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 01:18 PM
VanIsle*

Ant update on the injury, how long he is out?

VanIsle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 01:46 PM
wintersej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Thousand Hours View Post
Don't agree with that. Part of defense is keeping the puck in the offensive zone and making plays in the defensive and neutral zones to get the puck in the offensive zone. Colin is much better in those areas and that's why his possession numbers are better.
Check the zone starts, though.

wintersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 02:10 PM
moltisanti

Trotman will most likely draw back in.

Chara/McQuaid
Krug/Seidenberg
Liles/Trotman

moltisanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 03:14 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Ant update on the injury, how long he is out?
This is the latest update I have on my twitter account.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote