HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Solutions to Lack of Offense:

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2005, 10:13 PM
  #1
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Solutions to Lack of Offense:

I really think this kid (Moore) should be given a shot up there. Nylander and Straka are really cold right now, and so is our offense. Put Moore on the 2nd line with Prucha and Rucinsky. Keep Straka, Nylander, and Jagr together. Maybe Moore will get something going. I also wouldn't mind giving Hollweg a shot in the top of the lineup (no, I'm not going nuts over 1 goal). The Ducks played Fedoruk on their top line earlier. Atlanta plays Petrovicky with Savard and Kovalchuk. May be time to give it a try.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline  
Old
12-18-2005, 10:19 PM
  #2
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,483
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
You've had the Holly on 1st line idea all year. I don't like it. We need offense and since hes not a skilled player it wouldnt help our scoring on line 1, we don't have many scorers so we can't afford to put a Holly type on line 1.

Moore on line 2 wouldnt hurt to try, but I don't think he has the skills.

Fire Sather is online now  
Old
12-18-2005, 10:28 PM
  #3
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,665
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Sykora. A lot of people are against getting him, but he would definitely help on offense.

RangersFan is offline  
Old
12-18-2005, 10:29 PM
  #4
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Moore> Rucchin on line 2, he's shown flashes of having some serious offensive talent

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline  
Old
12-18-2005, 10:46 PM
  #5
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,718
vCash: 500
Dominic Moore has waaaaay more offensive talent than people ate giving him credit for. He would easily be a better 2nd liner than Hossa, and I think putting him up there would definitely help alot. I seriously doubt that it will happen though.

Synergy27 is offline  
Old
12-18-2005, 10:58 PM
  #6
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,587
vCash: 500
I'd much rather have Moore on the 2nd line then Rucchin is who is a 2 way forward whos spot is the 3rd line.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
12-18-2005, 10:59 PM
  #7
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
Dominic Moore has waaaaay more offensive talent than people ate giving him credit for. He would easily be a better 2nd liner than Hossa, and I think putting him up there would definitely help alot. I seriously doubt that it will happen though.

yea and it helps he is fast and a smart player.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
12-18-2005, 11:08 PM
  #8
Block More Shots
Registered User
 
Block More Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan
Sykora. A lot of people are against getting him, but he would definitely help on offense.

Yeah, I think it may be time for a move. I believe if in these next 3 games (NJ, TB, and Ottawa) we don't show much offense at all, it's time to swing a deal. Seriously, I don't wanna play around anymore. If we're going to have streaky players in Nylander and Straka, that leaves Jagr and Prucha to do the work. Prucha, as good as he's been, will go into some type of cold streak...he just can't keep up at the pace he's going at and shouldn't be the burden of our offense. Jagr, as great as he is, will be slow from time to time. He's already cooled off a bit but is still carrying our offense.

I don't want to wait until 2 weeks or a week away from the trade deadline to make a deal...we should do it now when we need it.

Block More Shots is offline  
Old
12-18-2005, 11:25 PM
  #9
robertch
Registered User
 
robertch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
I say pull the trigger on Sykora sooner rather than later.

But, I'd like to try a first line of Hollweg, Nylander, Jagr for a game and see if anything happens. Hollweg is all about the offensive zone body checks and can do a lot of banging around the net where he could pick up Jagr's garbage. That goal he scored tonight was all Hollweg and Jagr, and think they could do it again.

robertch is offline  
Old
12-18-2005, 11:26 PM
  #10
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertch
I say pull the trigger on Sykora sooner rather than later.

But, I'd like to try a first line of Hollweg, Nylander, Jagr for a game and see if anything happens. Hollweg is all about the offensive zone body checks and can do a lot of banging around the net where he could pick up Jagr's garbage. That goal he scored tonight was all Hollweg and Jagr, and think they could do it again.
Exactly what I said earlier. Why not try, Hollweg-Straka-Jagr, Rucinsky-Moore-Prucha?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline  
Old
12-18-2005, 11:51 PM
  #11
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 80,136
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Sykora is our solution.

Sykora is our savior.

ECL is offline  
Old
12-18-2005, 11:56 PM
  #12
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
I think the one thing the Rangers need most is a puck pushing, power play quarterback, Brian Leetch-esque defenseman. That is a HUGE problem for this team right now.

Balej20* is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 12:00 AM
  #13
Block More Shots
Registered User
 
Block More Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I think the one thing the Rangers need most is a puck pushing, power play quarterback, Brian Leetch-esque defenseman. That is a HUGE problem for this team right now.

I agree with that but I'd like to see them score more at even strength before the PP. If we can get momentum at even strength, it should carry over onto the PP.

Also, I don't necessarily believe that a strong PP quarterback defenseman is needed. We have our quarterback in Jagr, except he runs the PP down low in the zone. It'd be nice to have a solid puck-moving defenseman on the powerplay but I think Jagr is enough to get the job done.

Block More Shots is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 12:21 AM
  #14
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
I agree with that but I'd like to see them score more at even strength before the PP. If we can get momentum at even strength, it should carry over onto the PP.

Also, I don't necessarily believe that a strong PP quarterback defenseman is needed. We have our quarterback in Jagr, except he runs the PP down low in the zone. It'd be nice to have a solid puck-moving defenseman on the powerplay but I think Jagr is enough to get the job done.
Its not just the PP where they need this D-man...Remember how Leetch use to ALWAYS advance the puck into the offensive zone all by himself...that is a HUGE weakness right now for this team, PLUS we need a guy that can jump in from the blue line and score a goal at even strength, we dont have that at all.

Balej20* is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 12:42 AM
  #15
Skroob*
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Sykora is our solution.

Sykora is our savior.
O RLY?

Skroob* is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 12:43 AM
  #16
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 80,136
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
O RLY?
YA RLY.

ECL is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 03:07 AM
  #17
Firefly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mohawk Valley
Country: Poland
Posts: 3,464
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
YA RLY.
NO WAI!

Firefly is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 06:39 AM
  #18
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
No deals can be made 'till after the holiday trade freeze, so the coaching staff has time to adjust, and get some different looks at line combo's and individual players. After these next three games we'll see if a trade will be made.

shoothepuck is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 07:47 AM
  #19
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Yeah, so much for that chemistry. Time to deal and if the Poti for Sykora can be made, Sather should pull the trigger today.

DutchShamrock is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 08:04 AM
  #20
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,488
vCash: 500
Call up Jarkko Immonen and have him dish the puck to Petr Prucha,Jaromir Jagr,Martin Straka and Martin Rucinsky instead of Steve Rucchin

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 08:04 AM
  #21
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
No deals can be made 'till after the holiday trade freeze, so the coaching staff has time to adjust, and get some different looks at line combo's and individual players. After these next three games we'll see if a trade will be made.
Midnight tonight until December 27

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 08:10 AM
  #22
gdflynn1*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Package Hossa and Nylander for SOMETHING. Just get rid of them and bring up immonen.

Remember, REBUILD.

Eff Sykora, i don't think he will be the answer as most of us think..i have been watching him lately on CenterICe...trust me...

Ditch Hossa/Nylander in a package for a prospect maybe a high draft pick and give me Dawes/Immonen. Just don't give me Sykora.


Last edited by gdflynn1: 12-19-2005 at 08:19 AM.
gdflynn1* is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 08:16 AM
  #23
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,619
vCash: 500
Don't agree with either Moore on the 2nd line or Hollweg on the 1st. Moore's a small guy and it looks like physically he is beginning to wear down a little bit. If we can't make a move via the trade market its probably time to bring up Immonen and let him try his hand at centering Prucha and Rucinsky. I'd like to see Hollweg get more minutes not sure if the answer is the 1st line. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot on the 1st pp though. Anyway, whatever move is necessary to get Rucchin off the 2nd line is an improvement, imo.

JerseyRangers is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 09:21 AM
  #24
Entrancemperium
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdflynn1
Package Hossa and Nylander for SOMETHING. Just get rid of them and bring up immonen.

Remember, REBUILD.

Eff Sykora, i don't think he will be the answer as most of us think..i have been watching him lately on CenterICe...trust me...

Ditch Hossa/Nylander in a package for a prospect maybe a high draft pick and give me Dawes/Immonen. Just don't give me Sykora.
Yeah rebuilding is all nice and stuff but if we can reach the playoffs with our combo of vets and rookies I say go for it I mean a rebuild is worth s**t if it means we'll continue to miss the playoffs right?

Entrancemperium is offline  
Old
12-19-2005, 09:28 AM
  #25
gdflynn1*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium
Yeah rebuilding is all nice and stuff but if we can reach the playoffs with our combo of vets and rookies I say go for it I mean a rebuild is worth s**t if it means we'll continue to miss the playoffs right?
Not bringing in Sykora and going with Immomen won't increase/decrease our chances of making the playoffs one bit IMO.

I just dont think Sykora is as good as people think he is...watch him one night, you will see. He will be 30 soon and is a vet and will add to our problem of notbeinbg able to play a kid over him shoudl he faulter.

gdflynn1* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.