HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Solutions to Lack of Offense:

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2005, 10:13 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Solutions to Lack of Offense:

I really think this kid (Moore) should be given a shot up there. Nylander and Straka are really cold right now, and so is our offense. Put Moore on the 2nd line with Prucha and Rucinsky. Keep Straka, Nylander, and Jagr together. Maybe Moore will get something going. I also wouldn't mind giving Hollweg a shot in the top of the lineup (no, I'm not going nuts over 1 goal). The Ducks played Fedoruk on their top line earlier. Atlanta plays Petrovicky with Savard and Kovalchuk. May be time to give it a try.

Old
12-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
You've had the Holly on 1st line idea all year. I don't like it. We need offense and since hes not a skilled player it wouldnt help our scoring on line 1, we don't have many scorers so we can't afford to put a Holly type on line 1.

Moore on line 2 wouldnt hurt to try, but I don't think he has the skills.

Old
12-18-2005, 10:28 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Sykora. A lot of people are against getting him, but he would definitely help on offense.

Old
12-18-2005, 10:29 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Moore> Rucchin on line 2, he's shown flashes of having some serious offensive talent

Old
12-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Synergy27

Dominic Moore has waaaaay more offensive talent than people ate giving him credit for. He would easily be a better 2nd liner than Hossa, and I think putting him up there would definitely help alot. I seriously doubt that it will happen though.

Old
12-18-2005, 10:58 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I'd much rather have Moore on the 2nd line then Rucchin is who is a 2 way forward whos spot is the 3rd line.

Old
12-18-2005, 10:59 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
Dominic Moore has waaaaay more offensive talent than people ate giving him credit for. He would easily be a better 2nd liner than Hossa, and I think putting him up there would definitely help alot. I seriously doubt that it will happen though.

yea and it helps he is fast and a smart player.

Old
12-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan
Sykora. A lot of people are against getting him, but he would definitely help on offense.

Yeah, I think it may be time for a move. I believe if in these next 3 games (NJ, TB, and Ottawa) we don't show much offense at all, it's time to swing a deal. Seriously, I don't wanna play around anymore. If we're going to have streaky players in Nylander and Straka, that leaves Jagr and Prucha to do the work. Prucha, as good as he's been, will go into some type of cold streak...he just can't keep up at the pace he's going at and shouldn't be the burden of our offense. Jagr, as great as he is, will be slow from time to time. He's already cooled off a bit but is still carrying our offense.

I don't want to wait until 2 weeks or a week away from the trade deadline to make a deal...we should do it now when we need it.

Old
12-18-2005, 11:25 PM
robertch

I say pull the trigger on Sykora sooner rather than later.

But, I'd like to try a first line of Hollweg, Nylander, Jagr for a game and see if anything happens. Hollweg is all about the offensive zone body checks and can do a lot of banging around the net where he could pick up Jagr's garbage. That goal he scored tonight was all Hollweg and Jagr, and think they could do it again.

Old
12-18-2005, 11:26 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertch
I say pull the trigger on Sykora sooner rather than later.

But, I'd like to try a first line of Hollweg, Nylander, Jagr for a game and see if anything happens. Hollweg is all about the offensive zone body checks and can do a lot of banging around the net where he could pick up Jagr's garbage. That goal he scored tonight was all Hollweg and Jagr, and think they could do it again.
Exactly what I said earlier. Why not try, Hollweg-Straka-Jagr, Rucinsky-Moore-Prucha?

Old
12-18-2005, 11:51 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Sykora is our solution.

Sykora is our savior.

Old
12-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Balej20*

I think the one thing the Rangers need most is a puck pushing, power play quarterback, Brian Leetch-esque defenseman. That is a HUGE problem for this team right now.

Old
12-19-2005, 12:00 AM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I think the one thing the Rangers need most is a puck pushing, power play quarterback, Brian Leetch-esque defenseman. That is a HUGE problem for this team right now.

I agree with that but I'd like to see them score more at even strength before the PP. If we can get momentum at even strength, it should carry over onto the PP.

Also, I don't necessarily believe that a strong PP quarterback defenseman is needed. We have our quarterback in Jagr, except he runs the PP down low in the zone. It'd be nice to have a solid puck-moving defenseman on the powerplay but I think Jagr is enough to get the job done.

Old
12-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
I agree with that but I'd like to see them score more at even strength before the PP. If we can get momentum at even strength, it should carry over onto the PP.

Also, I don't necessarily believe that a strong PP quarterback defenseman is needed. We have our quarterback in Jagr, except he runs the PP down low in the zone. It'd be nice to have a solid puck-moving defenseman on the powerplay but I think Jagr is enough to get the job done.
Its not just the PP where they need this D-man...Remember how Leetch use to ALWAYS advance the puck into the offensive zone all by himself...that is a HUGE weakness right now for this team, PLUS we need a guy that can jump in from the blue line and score a goal at even strength, we dont have that at all.

Old
12-19-2005, 12:42 AM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Sykora is our solution.

Sykora is our savior.
O RLY?

Old
12-19-2005, 12:43 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
O RLY?
YA RLY.

Old
12-19-2005, 03:07 AM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
YA RLY.
NO WAI!

Old
12-19-2005, 06:39 AM
shoothepuck

No deals can be made 'till after the holiday trade freeze, so the coaching staff has time to adjust, and get some different looks at line combo's and individual players. After these next three games we'll see if a trade will be made.

Old
12-19-2005, 07:47 AM
DutchShamrock

Yeah, so much for that chemistry. Time to deal and if the Poti for Sykora can be made, Sather should pull the trigger today.

Old
12-19-2005, 08:04 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Call up Jarkko Immonen and have him dish the puck to Petr Prucha,Jaromir Jagr,Martin Straka and Martin Rucinsky instead of Steve Rucchin

Old
12-19-2005, 08:04 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
No deals can be made 'till after the holiday trade freeze, so the coaching staff has time to adjust, and get some different looks at line combo's and individual players. After these next three games we'll see if a trade will be made.
Midnight tonight until December 27

Old
12-19-2005, 08:10 AM
gdflynn1*

Package Hossa and Nylander for SOMETHING. Just get rid of them and bring up immonen.

Remember, REBUILD.

Eff Sykora, i don't think he will be the answer as most of us think..i have been watching him lately on CenterICe...trust me...

Ditch Hossa/Nylander in a package for a prospect maybe a high draft pick and give me Dawes/Immonen. Just don't give me Sykora.

Last edited by gdflynn1: 12-19-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old
12-19-2005, 08:16 AM
JerseyRangers

Don't agree with either Moore on the 2nd line or Hollweg on the 1st. Moore's a small guy and it looks like physically he is beginning to wear down a little bit. If we can't make a move via the trade market its probably time to bring up Immonen and let him try his hand at centering Prucha and Rucinsky. I'd like to see Hollweg get more minutes not sure if the answer is the 1st line. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot on the 1st pp though. Anyway, whatever move is necessary to get Rucchin off the 2nd line is an improvement, imo.

Old
12-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdflynn1
Package Hossa and Nylander for SOMETHING. Just get rid of them and bring up immonen.

Remember, REBUILD.

Eff Sykora, i don't think he will be the answer as most of us think..i have been watching him lately on CenterICe...trust me...

Ditch Hossa/Nylander in a package for a prospect maybe a high draft pick and give me Dawes/Immonen. Just don't give me Sykora.
Yeah rebuilding is all nice and stuff but if we can reach the playoffs with our combo of vets and rookies I say go for it I mean a rebuild is worth s**t if it means we'll continue to miss the playoffs right?

Old
12-19-2005, 09:28 AM
gdflynn1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium
Yeah rebuilding is all nice and stuff but if we can reach the playoffs with our combo of vets and rookies I say go for it I mean a rebuild is worth s**t if it means we'll continue to miss the playoffs right?
Not bringing in Sykora and going with Immomen won't increase/decrease our chances of making the playoffs one bit IMO.

I just dont think Sykora is as good as people think he is...watch him one night, you will see. He will be 30 soon and is a vet and will add to our problem of notbeinbg able to play a kid over him shoudl he faulter.

Closed Thread