HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindros line?

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 05:24 PM
fuhr

vCash: 500
Lindros line?

Has Slats mentioned or done anything in practice or mentioned anything to the local media about giving Eric new linemates? Do you guys think putting Barnaby on his line would help? How about Lundmark?Kovalev? By the way,Dunham looked as good yesterday as he looked bad in his first outing! He definately earned them a point yesterday.

Old
10-17-2003, 05:28 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
Has Slats mentioned or done anything in practice or mentioned anything to the local media about giving Eric new linemates? Do you guys think putting Barnaby on his line would help? How about Lundmark?Kovalev? By the way,Dunham looked as good yesterday as he looked bad in his first outing! He definately earned them a point yesterday.
Haven't read anything but it wouldn't surprise me if we see Lundmark or Barnaby on his wing soon. Kovalev and Nedved should not be seperated at all.

Old
10-17-2003, 05:42 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Haven't read anything but it wouldn't surprise me if we see Lundmark or Barnaby on his wing soon. Kovalev and Nedved should not be seperated at all.
I agree that Kovalev should stay put. I realy don't think that Lundmark deserve's to move up. But I would like to see Barnaby have a chance he might put a little spark in the line. Barnaby did well with him last year so why not give it a shot.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:27 PM
NYR469

the only talk of change has been the idea of flipping lundmark & carter, putting lundmark with lindros and carter with holik...

they tossed around the idea during the preseason but then carter & lindros went out and had their best game and were left together...but since they aren't doing anything during the preseason the idea is being considered again

Old
10-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
I'm all for trying Barnaby with Lindros. Lundmark really hasn't shown me much so far, even though it's still early..I'm looking for him to finally get settled down and start playing better.

For whatever reason however, I don't have much hope for Anson Carter. He looks awful out there. Hasn't shown me much of anything since he first put the jersey on.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:44 PM
nyr5186

Carter has been horrible so far. I wouldnt be surprised if he becomes this year's version of Nedved two years ago. A few more lackluster games, and the fans will start booing him every time he touches the puck.

For tomorrow night's game, I wouldnt change anything and leave him with Lindros. If he doesnt play better in the 1st period, drop him down to Holik's line and give Lundmark a shot with Lindros.

Old
10-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Carter played alot better after the middle of the 2nd period (along most others). Rucinsky was the one who was completely invisible last night.

Old
10-18-2003, 03:52 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
I'd like to see Lundmark get a shot. He hasn't shown much so far but remember what line he's on. Playing on a checking line with Holik he is not going to get many scoring chances, which was what worried me from the start.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
What good has Rucinsky done that he should stay with Lindros?
What good has Lindros done to stay with Rucinsky?

Old
10-18-2003, 10:21 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
What good has Rucinsky done that he should stay with Lindros?
You're talking about the LW though. You're right, but where the hell do you move him then? I don't know for sure, but I don't think he's very good on the RW, which is where he'd most likely end up if a Lundmark or a Barnaby took his place.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:34 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
You're talking about the LW though. You're right, but where the hell do you move him then? I don't know for sure, but I don't think he's very good on the RW, which is where he'd most likely end up if a Lundmark or a Barnaby took his place.
Not that I would want him too but if Barnaby moved up to the 1st line then D-Lac could move down to the 4th and Rucinsky could play on Holiks left side. That said I think Rucinsky is staying put for now.

Closed Thread