HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Philadelphia Flyers, Dec 19th, 7:00pm

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2005, 11:40 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
actually, no. if the Flyers had 'won' the shootout, it still would not have been hockey. i played for 14 yrs and never lost/won due to a shootout and i am thankful that i never did.

amen to that. the last time i checked hockey was a TEAM game. a extra point should not be decided by a one on one skills comp. win or lose i have and allways will hate it.
this is from someone who is a season ticketholder of a AHL team that has won about 6 or 7 games via the shootout(Manchester)

Old
12-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Takeo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I was there. It was a solid game with a solid effort and great goaltending. However, Adam Mair, by running away from Donald Brashear and fighting a kid in his 3rd NHL game...what a little punk And people complain about Sean Avery (who just fought Jovanovski)
LOL. Your assessment is bias if not laughable.

Old
12-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Buffalo Stylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
it was painful watching the puck go 5 hole through Therien

I was there. It was a solid game with a solid effort and great goaltending. However, Adam Mair, by running away from Donald Brashear and fighting a kid in his 3rd NHL game...what a little punk And people complain about Sean Avery (who just fought Jovanovski)
Wow. Mair had no reason to fight Brashear. What did Mair do to be called a "little punk?" Put a clean hit on one of your guys? Wow, what a *******. Mair's the type of player any team would benefit from having. I'm sorry you have to nitpick about stuff like this because Afinogenov owned your goalie.

Old
12-20-2005, 12:13 PM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Plastic Sabre
I'm sorry you have to nitpick about stuff like this because Afinogenov owned your goalie.
i bet you're real proud that your mighty team was held to 1 goal for 65 minutes by a team full of rookies and ahl'ers. would you still be so happy if you'd lost by 2 or 3 to a healthy Flyers NHL roster? but don't worry, there's more games and time for that to come.

Old
12-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Jester

Quote:
Wow. Mair had no reason to fight Brashear. What did Mair do to be called a "little punk?" Put a clean hit on one of your guys? Wow, what a *******. Mair's the type of player any team would benefit from having. I'm sorry you have to nitpick about stuff like this because Afinogenov owned your goalie.
he had no reason to fight Gratton either... but for some reason he chose to fight him instead.

a 2-1 shootout win == owned goalie?

what is in the water up there?

Old
12-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
he had no reason to fight Gratton either... but for some reason he chose to fight him instead.

a 2-1 shootout win == owned goalie?

what is in the water up there?
Yes. Apparently a 2-1 shootout win is utter domination. Remember what I said on page 1?

Old
12-20-2005, 02:11 PM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Yes. Apparently a 2-1 shootout win is utter domination. Remember what I said on page 1?
Geez.

Since when do I come on here to defend the Philadelphia Flyers.

What a strange season it is.

Old
12-20-2005, 02:28 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo
Would have been even better if the Sabres had Briere and Dumont available for the shootout.
Haha. People like you make it a lot easier to watch the Flyers lose against such teams.

Old
12-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battousai
Haha. People like you make it a lot easier to watch the Flyers lose against such teams.
How so?

My point was that the Sabres were nearly as banged up as the Flyers, playing w/o Briere, Dumont, Kalinin, and Pyatt.

Old
12-20-2005, 02:59 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Quote:
How so?

My point was that the Sabres were nearly as banged up as the Flyers, playing w/o Briere, Dumont, Kalinin, and Pyatt.
Actually, your "point" was to troll me for simply saying that it would have been nice to have two of our better shootout players. It's not like I said that in Buffalo's GDT. And to suggest that Buffalo is anywhere near the Flyers in terms of injury is ridiculous.

I'm not gonna cut this thread off track anymore than it is, so I won't discuss this further.

Old
12-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battousai
Actually, your "point" was to troll me for simply saying that it would have been nice to have two of our better shootout players. It's not like I said that in Buffalo's GDT. And to suggest that Buffalo is anywhere near the Flyers in terms of injury is ridiculous.

I'm not gonna cut this thread off track anymore than it is, so I won't discuss this further.
The Flyers are certainly worse-off on the injury front, but the teams are in comparable situations. The Sabres are missing two of three forwards on the top scoring line, including their best offensive player and captain, as well as their #1 d-man (although Kalinin hadn't been playing like it). This isn't to say that the players out of the Buffalo lineup are as good as the Philly wounded, only that the teams are being forced to make similar adjustments.

Old
12-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
LOL. Your assessment is bias if not laughable.
Really? Cause I could have sworn that Mair skated away from Brash and fight a rookie.

link

And how can you not love the ball-less takedown at the end by Peters? Once Gratton started giving it to him the Vet couldn't figure out what to do next.

Last edited by Roger's Pancreas*: 12-20-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Old
12-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Buffalo Stylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
i bet you're real proud that your mighty team was held to 1 goal for 65 minutes by a team full of rookies and ahl'ers. would you still be so happy if you'd lost by 2 or 3 to a healthy Flyers NHL roster? but don't worry, there's more games and time for that to come.
You wanna talk about a team of rookies and AHL'ers?? Let' see who played for the Amerks last year:

Thomas Vanek
Jason Pominville
Paul Gaustad
Ryan Miller
Derek Roy

So, yes, I am real proud that our team full of rookies and AHL'ers beat your team of rookies and AHL'ers.

Old
12-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Buffalo Stylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Really? Cause I could have sworn that Mair skated away from Brash and fight a rookie.
How big of a moron do you think Mair is? Brashear would kill him and he probably knows it. How come noones tearing up Brashear for going after someone who's basically not even a fighter?

Old
12-20-2005, 04:06 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth

link

And how can you not love the ball-less takedown at the end by Peters? Once Gratton started giving it to him the Vet couldn't figure out what to do next.
Did you watch your own link? Mair throws clean hit, He jousts with Brashear, Peters comes over and challeges Brashear and Brash skates away and picks up his stick. As for fighting a rookie, Gratton is a fighter not a skill player like Richards or Carter. Isn't that why Gratton is up? Gratton went looking for Mair not the other way around. I thought it was a fun scrap to watch.

Old
12-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:
You wanna talk about a team of rookies and AHL'ers?? Let' see who played for the Amerks last year:

Thomas Vanek
Jason Pominville
Paul Gaustad
Ryan Miller
Derek Roy

So, yes, I am real proud that our team full of rookies and AHL'ers beat your team of rookies and AHL'ers.

I was gonna stay out buy:

Carter, Sim, Nitty, Eager, Gratton, Umberger, Seidenberg, Meyer.

So you guys had 5 and we had 8. Atleast on your team 2 of them should be playing in the NHL this year and Started at the NHL level. Of our list Carter and Sim are the only ones who started at this level and of now Carter, Sim, Nitty, and Umberger should be staying. Most of these guys will be replaced with even more AHLers from last year including Pitkanen and Richards.

I have been floating around reading this GDT and the thread on the NHL board about "how good are the Sabres" and people comparing Briere to Gagne and then Kalinin to Pitkanen and saying they are better are just a joke. Its really not even close.

The Sabres are a good team. They have great goaltending and they play with heart like no other. Drury is one of my favorite players outside of the flyers organization and Biron one of my favorite goalies.

Let this game stand 2-1 in a shoot out, wait till we play again when our team is, hopefully, healthy. That is when we will see who the real better team is. I even read in the other read from one of you stoned Sabre fans that you would not be scared to play the flyers in the playoffs. If by saying not scared because you wouldn't even get your hopes up the Sabres would win then you would be correct. The flyers are much bigger and have speed (thats right GASP). I would easily pick a series with a completelty healthy flyers team 4-1.

Old
12-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Superman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull
Did you watch your own link? Mair throws clean hit, He jousts with Brashear, Peters comes over and challeges Brashear and Brash skates away and picks up his stick. As for fighting a rookie, Gratton is a fighter not a skill player like Richards or Carter. Isn't that why Gratton is up? Gratton went looking for Mair not the other way around. I thought it was a fun scrap to watch.

Yeah it was fun to watch our goon fly across the nuteral zone and attempt to check one of our "skill" rookies. Brash tries to fight he says no. Gratton sticks up for him too and Mair goes at it. Well at it until Gratton gets his hand loose, then Mair drops to the ground and grabs Gratton's leg and takes him down.

In reality it was a lot of fun to watch your goon attempt to check one of our players, fall over him, while that player still stands. Then back off a fight from someone he knew would kill him, which is smart, but then try to take on someone you think you could beat, then lose like a baby.

Old
12-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Buffalo Stylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman33
Yeah it was fun to watch our goon fly across the nuteral zone and attempt to check one of our "skill" rookies. Brash tries to fight he says no. Gratton sticks up for him too and Mair goes at it. Well at it until Gratton gets his hand loose, then Mair drops to the ground and grabs Gratton's leg and takes him down.

In reality it was a lot of fun to watch your goon attempt to check one of our players, fall over him, while that player still stands. Then back off a fight from someone he knew would kill him, which is smart, but then try to take on someone you think you could beat, then lose like a baby.
Guess which baby left the rink with the victorious team? Mair.

Old
12-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Buffalo Stylee

Quote:
I was gonna stay out buy:

Carter, Sim, Nitty, Eager, Gratton, Umberger, Seidenberg, Meyer.

So you guys had 5 and we had 8. Atleast on your team 2 of them should be playing in the NHL this year and Started at the NHL level. Of our list Carter and Sim are the only ones who started at this level and of now Carter, Sim, Nitty, and Umberger should be staying. Most of these guys will be replaced with even more AHLers from last year including Pitkanen and Richards.

I have been floating around reading this GDT and the thread on the NHL board about "how good are the Sabres" and people comparing Briere to Gagne and then Kalinin to Pitkanen and saying they are better are just a joke. Its really not even close.

The Sabres are a good team. They have great goaltending and they play with heart like no other. Drury is one of my favorite players outside of the flyers organization and Biron one of my favorite goalies.

Let this game stand 2-1 in a shoot out, wait till we play again when our team is, hopefully, healthy. That is when we will see who the real better team is. I even read in the other read from one of you stoned Sabre fans that you would not be scared to play the flyers in the playoffs. If by saying not scared because you wouldn't even get your hopes up the Sabres would win then you would be correct. The flyers are much bigger and have speed (thats right GASP). I would easily pick a series with a completelty healthy flyers team 4-1.
Wow, you must be a hockey expert considering you know the proper way to spell SABRES

Old
12-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Quote:
Guess which baby left the rink with the victorious team? Mair.
Okay, enough trolling... Please.

Old
12-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Superman33

Quote:
Wow, you must be a hockey expert considering you know the proper way to spell SABRES

Its not my fault the team doesn't know how to spell Sabres correctly. Thats the way it should be spelled lol, its the way it sounds. I did spell all of the hockey players names right though, I miss the easy one and you call me out on it. It is a shame all of my points were true and you have nothing to refute with. Go back to your board and wait till Feb 2nd. I will invite you back here personally for the GDT. I am sure you will be acting a lot differently.

Old
12-20-2005, 04:41 PM
joshjull

Quote:

how old are you? I was commenting on the sequence of events not trying to belittle anyone. I thought Gratton aquitted himself nicely. He was brought up to fill a role and did it. I appreciate a good scrap and the guys that participate in them. Hopefully this will lead to more craziness when we play again.

Old
12-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Buffalo Stylee

Quote:
Its not my fault the team doesn't know how to spell Sabres correctly. Thats the way it should be spelled lol, its the way it sounds. I did spell all of the hockey players names right though, I miss the easy one and you call me out on it. It is a shame all of my points were true and you have nothing to refute with. Go back to your board and wait till Feb 2nd. I will invite you back here personally for the GDT. I am sure you will be acting a lot differently.
My god. Is there something in the water over there in Philly?

Old
12-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Brad*

Quote:
My god. Is there something in the water over there in Philly?
Seriously. Stop ****ing trolling.

Old
12-20-2005, 05:04 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
yeah everyone just screw off. it was a good close game. well played by both teams. if your just gonna brag about buffalo all day do it in your own forum.

Closed Thread