HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Tanabe

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 12:35 PM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

vCash: 500
David Tanabe

Has anyone noticed how impressive Tanabe has looked in his first 3 games. Granted it's only the first 3 games, but he scored an overtime winner in Game 1, and last night he played 25 minutes in a 2-1 win over Florida. He seems to have committed himself to playing better in his own end. Don't get me wrong, I love Markov's combination of grit and skill, but we might really regret that trade in due time.

Old
10-16-2003, 03:59 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
No, we won't regret it. Not because of Tanabe, at least.

Old
10-16-2003, 07:25 PM
Skydog

With center ice I have watched the Coyotes play and Tanabe is still his same old tentative in the corners, poor decision making, pushed around kind of player as when he was here. I don't miss him at all.

By the way he was -3 tonight against Tampa Bay.

Old
10-16-2003, 11:22 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

I don't think you will regret the deal, not with a warrior like Danny. tanabe looks better to me than he did in Carolina though. I will admit to not watching tonite's game V Tampa but i did see there previous two games. he seemed to be fairly physical and in good position. he can easily beat players in the neutral zone and either carry the puck in or get a decent wide rim. he is eating up minutes fairly effectively. Phoenix seemed to go with the B team tonite. Cleary and nazarov were in in front of Boucher, playing on consecutive nights. radivojevic's minutes went from 9 to 18 in one night. Nagy was listed as a healthy scratch but that is not likely. You cannot judge tanabe on his best or worst game , he falls somewhere in the middle.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:52 AM
jeffbear

Tanabe clearly is as skilled as he ever was ... but I've got to disagree about how he's looked in his own end ... at least in the Dogs' first two games. I missed last night's blowout to Tampa.

The problem in Carolina was never the kid's ability ... it was his head.

Closed Thread