HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drury only one to make USA squad

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Moon Man*

vCash: 500
The Sens broadcast is roasting the US Olympic roster during the 2nd intermision. What they're saying is true... the torch should be getting passed to the current generation of young stars instead of depending on household names who may not be of their former calibre...

Mara, Corvo (+23) and Langenbrunner were all mentioned... but they're baffled at the fact that Miller was left off the team, and went into great detail on his season so far.

Old
12-20-2005, 11:57 PM
BG43

Congrats to Drury.

It really is a shame that they didn't include Connolly or Miller.. but I look at it this way.. this only makes the US team that much weaker.. giving Canada a better chance..

Btw.. I just hope that Miller and Connolly both play their hearts out for the Sabres and show the committee and the world what they are missing.

Old
12-21-2005, 01:39 AM
Jim Boeheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snargletooth
Im kind of glad that Connolly and Miller did not make the team. If you look at the schedule after the olympic break there is alot of games (3 or 4 games a week in March) and id rather not have them to be injured or burnt out.
Very good point!
This is a blessing in disguise for us.

Was Kessel even moderatley considered???

Old
12-21-2005, 08:44 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Keith Ballard and Tim Gleason would have been nice too. Phil Kessel would have been a nice surprise and generated tons of interest. I'm not the least bit excited about this team. I'm tired of seeing the same old names whose games aren't well-suited for Olympic-style hockey. If they're going to continue with that approach, I'd rather see a team made up entirely of college players.
That'd take a miracle... oh. Wait.