HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Gleason

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 02:32 PM
palffytofrovlov

vCash: 500
Gleason

He isn't getting any recognition as a prospect, but more importantly as a rookie... As a Kings fan, I am glad DT got him for Smolinski. He doesn't shy away from contact and is a very good skater. I see him and Grebs anchoring our D line for 10 years at least.... I am glad Orpik didn't take out his knee as it looked like he did last Friday..... would like to know your thoughts about him...

thanks....

Old
10-16-2003, 02:36 PM
IGM

I agree. He sure is playing great so far this season. Looks like he belongs up here, of course, we aren't even ten games in yet but so far so good.

Old
10-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I agree, Gleason really gets no pub around here, which is suprising with all the hype Volchenkov and Komisarek got.

Gleason is younger than Komisarek and is in the NHL, Komisarek is in the AHL. Gleason is an explosive skater who punishes people. When he learns the game better and starts jumping into the rush he will become a #1 d-man.

Great steal by DT getting him for Smolinski.

Old
10-16-2003, 04:23 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

It's been know that MacLean was trying to get him from Ottawa for a long time (maybe trying to get McLeod to do a sign and trade). Sounds like he'd make the perfect partner for Klesla.

Old
10-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Jeff Goldblum

I saw he's like a +4 or something...very impressive. Should be a good D-Man in this league one day.

Old
10-16-2003, 04:57 PM
IGM

The thing that is also impressive about his game (other than his excellent skating) is that the kid has no fear and LOVES to hit. He can punish with teh best of them. Give him a few years and he will be a number 1 kind of guy. (for his team, too early to tell if he has all star potential but he sure looks like a top pairing skilled D man)

Old
10-17-2003, 08:07 AM
Sticky*

And the best part is that his mental game is coming around. If you guys remember a couple year's ago, the only knock on him was his hockey sense, as he already had all of the talent and physical tools, but now it seems he is beginning to understand the game better, which is great to see.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:29 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
i see him as eventually replacing modry as power play QB... he pinches and has done a great job at keeping the puck in the attacking zone. he skates so well, and hits hard. he totally reminds me of blake!

Closed Thread