HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

If Esche isn't ready this week, think Storr could start Friday (Pens)?

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Nuclear

vCash: 500
If Esche isn't ready this week, think Storr could start Friday (Pens)?

Back to back games with Ottawa and Pittsburgh Thursday and Friday.

Niittymaki should get a ton of SOG in the Ottawa game, and with Pittsburgh's slide, Storr could probably handle himself pretty well in net.

Old
12-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

I doubt it.
Nitty got used to play an intense schedule in the AHL playoffs.

Old
12-20-2005, 01:48 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
God i hope not.
Storr sucks

Old
12-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Oylerz

Has Nittymaki passed Esche as your #1? I've always liked Esche and have been keeping tabs on him this year. Hitchcock seems to be running his confidence straight into the ground and Frank seems to be catching up. Has Hitch given Esche the boost of confidence by saying he is the starter when healthy, or is there a controversy brewing here?

Just Curious that's all.

Old
12-20-2005, 08:04 AM
naihlflames

The better question is has Nitty taken advantage of the playing time and is he playing himself into the #1 role? When Esche comes back is Nitty your starter?

In December with the increased playing time his save % is .932. For the season, his stats are starting to distance themselves from Esche:

Esche 3.14 GAA .890 save%
Nitty 2.76 GAA .902 save%

For your question: I say play him back to back and see what how he handles it. If he is going to be a true #1, he will need to respond to back to back games.

Old
12-20-2005, 08:05 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oylerz
Has Nittymaki passed Esche as your #1? I've always liked Esche and have been keeping tabs on him this year. Hitchcock seems to be running his confidence straight into the ground and Frank seems to be catching up. Has Hitch given Esche the boost of confidence by saying he is the starter when healthy, or is there a controversy brewing here?

Just Curious that's all.
No disrespect, but there is an entire thread dedicated to this topic.

As for Storr, the only way I see him getting playing time is if they have games on consecutive days and one is a night game and the following game is an afternoon affair. Otherwise, I expect him to sit on the bench just like Neil Little did when he was called up for a long period of time.

Old
12-20-2005, 08:06 AM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oylerz

Just Curious that's all.
Gee, sorry for a very similar post at the same time. I was writing and ended up on the phone. When I posted, I saw your very similar comments/questions.

Old
12-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
God i hope not.
Storr sucks
Who knows, Storr might shine in the new NHL...

Old
12-20-2005, 09:16 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho
Who knows, Storr might shine in the new NHL...
It's possible. Storr played extremely well for Utah last season where he faced tons of shots on a nightly basis to due a porous Utah defense.

Even so, I doubt that he will see any ice time during a game.

BTW, did anyone else but myself think that Niittymaki hurt himself on the 2nd Buffalo chance in the SO?

Old
12-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Nuclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
It's possible. Storr played extremely well for Utah last season where he faced tons of shots on a nightly basis to due a porous Utah defense.

Even so, I doubt that he will see any ice time during a game.

BTW, did anyone else but myself think that Niittymaki hurt himself on the 2nd Buffalo chance in the SO?
I was nearly sure he did. He looked like he pulled his groin, and had a lit of trouble getting back up after the save he made.

Old
12-20-2005, 10:39 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear
I was nearly sure he did. He looked like he pulled his groin, and had a lit of trouble getting back up after the save he made.
Combine that with how badly he flopped on the next shooter. Once he committed left, there was no way that he was going to quickly shift back to the right.

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about, otherwise we're looking at an Atlanta-type situation with Storr and Houle.

Old
12-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Oylerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
No disrespect, but there is an entire thread dedicated to this topic.

As for Storr, the only way I see him getting playing time is if they have games on consecutive days and one is a night game and the following game is an afternoon affair. Otherwise, I expect him to sit on the bench just like Neil Little did when he was called up for a long period of time.
Sorry about that. I didn't see it right away and thought I'd ask the question here. I'm not trying to de-rail this thread or anything.

Old
12-20-2005, 05:53 PM
TheKingPin

Ive heard from a few places that Nitty got up slowly. I was there and wasnt paying attention as Fosberg was the next shooter. When is Esche due back? He is still number one when healthy he has been very good.

Closed Thread