Notices

Levente Szuper

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Otterboy

vCash:
Levente Szuper

Can anyone tell me where the heck this guy is?

Is he still with the organization?

Did he not develop the way the Flames had hoped?

What's up with him?

Old
10-17-2003, 10:06 AM
Flamin' Griz

vCash: 500
He was called up from the ECHL to Worcester recently. He's on a 2 way contract with Worcester (AHL/ECHL)

Old
10-17-2003, 10:31 AM
Otterboy

vCash:
So, he is no longer Flames property? I thought he was a pretty decent prospect a few years back...

Old
10-17-2003, 11:29 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterboy
So, he is no longer Flames property? I thought he was a pretty decent prospect a few years back...
Don't quote me on this, but I believe that St. Louis signed him.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:32 AM
H-Bear

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?pos...09&postcount=2

Scroll down to St. Louis. They signed him Oct.5<sup>th</sup>.

Old
10-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterboy
I think he was overrated by a lot of Calgary fans. He's the type of goalie that's a fan favourite and won at the major junior level to increase his profile but wasn't necessarily going to develop into an NHL starter. Guys like Krahn and Sabourin have a lot more in terms of size and butterfly technique than Szuper did. The Flames didn't give him a qualifying offer this summer which made him an UFA. He signed in St. Louis and they had him in the AHL until some recent injury problems.

In our current system I would say McElhinney might be slightly overrated by some fans and I think some underrate Medvedev.

Old
10-17-2003, 04:30 PM
JohnnyB11

Szuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
I think he was overrated by a lot of Calgary fans. He's the type of goalie that's a fan favourite and won at the major junior level to increase his profile but wasn't necessarily going to develop into an NHL starter. Guys like Krahn and Sabourin have a lot more in terms of size and butterfly technique than Szuper did. The Flames didn't give him a qualifying offer this summer which made him an UFA. He signed in St. Louis and they had him in the AHL until some recent injury problems.

In our current system I would say McElhinney might be slightly overrated by some fans and I think some underrate Medvedev.

Last year was a disaster for Szuper... up until then he had made steady progress and appeared to be 3rd on the chart behind Turek and McLellan. Injuries and his mother's death last year took a huge toll and Sabourin got plenty of opportunity to develop and he seized it, taking over the #1 job for Saint John. Sabourin really progressed well last year, and Szuper got little chance to reclaim the top spot... when he did he just wasn't up to the challenge. Once Damphousse came over in the Neidermayer deal that was the end of him really...

Too bad because I think he ahs the potential to someday get some NHL action, just that last year anything that could go wrong, did. And now with Calgary sharing an AHL team with Carolina, there was only room for Sabourin really so away went Szuper to sign with St. Louis and Damphousse with Montreal.

Man, it's not the same here in Saint John without the baby Flames around ... don't know whether to or , guess a little of both

Old
10-18-2003, 02:36 AM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?pos...09&postcount=2

Scroll down to St. Louis. They signed him Oct.5<sup>th</sup>.
Yeah, Wocester would be the AHL affiliate of St. Louis.

Szuper does NOT have an NHL contract though.

Closed Thread