HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Game #32 12/21/05 Predators @ Blackhawks 7:30pm CDT

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2005, 06:56 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
PEANUTBUTTER

Old
12-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Teemu

GO ILLINI

....and Blackhawks

Old
12-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
No mention of Suter's first NHL goal?

Old
12-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Teemu

Quit hurting our defensemen.

Old
12-21-2005, 09:41 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
No mention of Suter's first NHL goal?

It wasn't his first.

Old
12-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
It wasn't his first.
This is his first year, isn't it? If so, it's his first.

Old
12-21-2005, 10:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu
This is his first year, isn't it? If so, it's his first.

maybe i'm crazy, but it seems like i could SWEAR he scored earlier in the year. maybe it was one of those "awarded at the time, later given to someone else" goals.

Old
12-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
maybe i'm crazy, but it seems like i could SWEAR he scored earlier in the year. maybe it was one of those "awarded at the time, later given to someone else" goals.
It was his first....I think your just confused NMK

No surpise that we won. The Blackhawks stink and are more interested in hurting players than scoring. Not really much to say about the game...

Interesting that Beech was scratched for Johnson. Its hard to send Fiddler or Smithson down with their play of late. Heck, everyone has been playing well lately.

12-21-2005, 10:13 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
It was his first....I think your just confused NMK

No surpise that we won. The Blackhawks stink and are more interested in hurting players than scoring. Not really much to say about the game...

Interesting that Beech was scratched for Johnson. Its hard to send Fiddler or Smithson down with their play of late. Heck, everyone has been playing well lately.
I know it was his first game back, but Johnson made me feel the way he did before he got hurt...

...like his time with this team is up. I hate to put this so bluntly, but he was downright awful tonight. Would rather have had Beech in.

Old
12-21-2005, 10:16 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
NMK=

Where have you been all year?

Good game for the Dads too see. Too bad Suters dad had to travel all of 2 hours to see the first goal.

Old
12-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Umm...and here we were labeled as a team without any center depth. Obviously we could make some upgrades, but I'm happy with the group as a whole and think that the management and coaching staffs should be applauded for our depth thus far.

It's going to be really difficult to determine what to do when Nichol and Legwand come back too. Fiddler looked really good tonight with Kariya and Smithson is a key PK man and can play the wing as well. If I had my pick...I don't quite know what I'd do. Thankfully...that's why I'm only a fan.

Old
12-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Pred303

wow...22-7-3...47 of 64 points in 32 games, an amazing .734 winning percentage...who would have thunk it?...just a few thoughts right afterwards;

1)first the lineup, beech scratched- no huge surprise.. but then fiddler, surprising everyone, centering the first unit..and he goes out and plays like joe sakic... johnson looked rusty, mason was sharp as a tack..
2)tootoo with an absolutely great game... 4 shots, 2 big hits, 2 assists, a +3, draws 3 penalties, shows discipline (maybe too much to be honest).. but this was everything anyone could have wanted out of the kid
3)suter...his first NHL goal was a beauty (the other one he had scored nomore was in the first exhibition game)... the kid winds up a +4 for the night, a +4
4)kariya.. might well have had the worst 3 point game in his career, but he was great there in the third and it was a 3 point game no matter (what about that 'spinarama'? was that ugly or what?).
5)perreault.. what a wrist shot this guy has.. have to simply hand that to the guy, even if you don't like his overall game.. that was a key goal there in the last 2 minutes of the first... really changed this game
6)sullivan with two great cross ice passes again, keeps his scoring streak going
7)mason...sure he didn't have many tough chances against him, but he was solid all night.. and really did a great job controling rebounds... looked very very confident in net tonight.. 4-1-1 now, hard to argue with that.. man i like this guy
8)the berlin wall?.. the preds own this guy... 12 shots, 4 goals, early exit..had to be really demoralizing to the Hawks to see the preds lite him up again, knowing we play them 5 more times
9)eaton only played 4 shifts and 4 minutes...went out before the first goal and never returned...anyone see anything that happened? hope it's just the flu
10)chicago looked absolutely horrible all night...they must have had 6 or 7 offsides, and their pp was really awful the entire game...
11)predator pk simply killed their pp all night.. we had a better chance of scoring shorthanded then they did on their pp
12)chicago has got to be the most undisciplined team in the league... what a pitiful exhibition of self control and lack of discipline that was.. tootoo drove them nuts, our speed drove them nuts, our scoring at will drove them nuts...what a pitiful team effort from a team that had just been taken to task by their coach before the game... the only thing you worried about in this game was them hurting someone, you knew there was no way they could beat us after the third goal..
13)this is an easy team to hate to be honest, god do they need more offensive talent...they really miss daze and ruutu,without them you only have to look after bell, no one else can hurt you really... barnaby still is a pain i admit, and he seems to play about 45 minutes every game we play these guys
14) 8-0-1 against the central, and a one goal lead on detroit for over a month now... thank god we have 15 more games against CLB,STL and CHI

now that's a road game,score early,often and easily... 6-4-3, not great, but still good... play .550 hockey on the road all year and we'll wind up with more than 104 points for the season... really needed this game, this one and the columbus game could be huge with the 3 game western canadian swing coming after xmas.. just hope eaton is not hurt and we came out of this one ok injury wise to anyone else too..

Old
12-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Samsonites

Did not watch the game but do you know who Todd Simpson fight tonight?

Old
12-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsonites
Did not watch the game but do you know who Todd Simpson fight tonight?
Todd Simpson JUMPED Jordin Tootoo

Old
12-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
Todd Simpson JUMPED Jordin Tootoo
Yeah. Tootoo locked skates with the linesmen, went down, gets back up to have Simpson ram him in the boards, rip his helmet off, and pound on him. It looked like tootoo wiggled his gloves off but never even got a chance to fight initially and well.....he got pounded. Drew a 7 minute PP, though, that if we hadn't been destroying the Hawks at the time could have been very pivotal. As it stood, we really didn't try to score until the 5 on 3...

Old
12-21-2005, 11:20 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
wow...22-7-3...47 of 64 points in 32 games, an amazing .734 winning percentage...who would have thunk it?...just a few thoughts right afterwards;

1)first the lineup, beech scratched- no huge surprise.. but then fiddler, surprising everyone, centering the first unit....
Actually I want to pat myself on the back. I told Hipcheck yesterday I'd like to see Fiddler center Kariya and Upshall, to see what he can do. He's got a good shot.

Old
12-22-2005, 02:58 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I'd still rather have Beech in the line-up over Perrault. Thats not the beer talking either.

Old
12-22-2005, 03:45 AM
Nab77

Haha Tootoo got his @ss beat up, long time comin', that one. Trotz should grow some balls and take the shackles off from Hordichuk in these kinda games. What good is he if can't fight in these kinda games, huh?

Old
12-22-2005, 04:00 AM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab77
Haha Tootoo got his @ss beat up, long time comin', that one. Trotz should grow some balls and take the shackles off from Hordichuk in these kinda games. What good is he if can't fight in these kinda games, huh?
Disagree....why sink to Chicago's level when we can draw 29 minutes of penalty-time.....I call that good, smart, disciplined hockey by the Predators and pure stupidity on the part of Chicago.

It's all about finding the right time and place......pay back will be a *****.

Old
12-22-2005, 04:03 AM
predperson

Oh and what's up with Chicago's attendance:

"Announced" attendance 10,545 at United Center---tons of empty seats visible on TV....horrible!

Old
12-22-2005, 04:15 AM
Nab77

Quote:
Originally Posted by predperson
Disagree....why sink to Chicago's level when we can draw 29 minutes of penalty-time.....I call that good, smart, disciplined hockey by the Predators and pure stupidity on the part of Chicago.

Who gives a **** at that point? The game was already decided, be a man stand up for yourself and your team. Chicago has been after Tootoo for some time now and they got him, good for them, bad for Tootsie boy.

Old
12-22-2005, 04:17 AM
Nab77

Quote:
Oh and what's up with Chicago's attendance:

"Announced" attendance 10,545 at United Center---tons of empty seats visible on TV....horrible!
Hey, as a Nashville fan I wouldn't gloat about attendance figures. Besides, who wants to give their money to $Bill, I sure as hell wouldn't.

Old
12-22-2005, 05:40 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:

Tootoo tonight: +3, 2 A's and laughing as Simpson gets ejected.

Simpson tonight: -2 and 29 PIMS alone

Old
12-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Pred303

i see where officially they changed the scoring on that one fiddler deflection and gave the goal to sullivan...could have sworn that fiddler deflected that one up and over khabibulin, but it was a great point shot by sullivan nd good traffic whoever got it..means timonen now with two assists last night,sullivan now with a goal and an assist

also watching the replay of the goals this morning, you see where simpson was chasing tootoo there near the end of the first period, more worried about him than the puck, when tootoo tipped the puck forward to perreault for what became the game winner... so i have to give tootoo even more credit mentally for this rout than i did before...

eaton went out with back spasms after being crosschecked early i see....

Old
12-22-2005, 05:50 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303

1)first the lineup, beech scratched- no huge surprise.. but then fiddler, surprising everyone, centering the first unit..and he goes out and plays like joe sakic... johnson looked rusty, mason was sharp as a tack..
3)suter...his first NHL goal was a beauty (the other one he had scored nomore was in the first exhibition game)... the kid winds up a +4 for the night, a +4
Ummm how good it feels to read this. I liked them both so much in the Colorado game -especially Suter made these fine little things that seperates good from VERY good players. Skating around a player and protecting the puck, head up looking for the pass, good long passing, nice wristers from the point (one that hit the post), very physical in his own end (maybe sometimes a little late but oh well) and I was thinking - man, soon he'll have his first goal and he'll be awesome for us in years to come

Also Fiddler (to be honest) I wouldn't expected him even in NHL this season after he was send down- and then this energetic game vs. Colorado (Beech was a sleeper) .. and even if Im not Trotz - such a move came to my mind He was absolutely mazing - looking for the shot, hustling, creating turnovers in the corners .. great!

Great just great to read that both continued their way from the Colorado game in Chicago .. WAY TO GO !!! The whole team .. woooo !!!

This is a WINNER TEAM and Im still not used to that ... WOW!

GO PREDATORS !

Closed Thread