HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago's Todd Simpson sums up the "NEW NHL" the best!

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Squiddy*

vCash: 500
Todd Simpson? Gimme a break... the guy sucks... now that people need skill in this league he hates it. Good riddance.

Old
12-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiddy
Todd Simpson? Gimme a break... the guy sucks... now that people need skill in this league he hates it. Good riddance.

He never said he hated it and his list of what he liked was far longer than the one thing he didn't. Most fans agree with this, they're enjoying the skill but some of the passion has been taken out. Todd Simpson isn't the most skilled guy in the world, but he's always been a good team player and team leader.

Old
12-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Squiddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
He never said he hated it and his list of what he liked was far longer than the one thing he didn't. Most fans agree with this, they're enjoying the skill but some of the passion has been taken out. Todd Simpson isn't the most skilled guy in the world, but he's always been a good team player and team leader.
I swear... a lot of people don't see a lot of games. I know the Rangers lack passion... I know ... and it kills me, but if you watch a team like the Predators you can CLEARLY see that passion is still there.

Old
12-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiddy
I swear... a lot of people don't see a lot of games. I know the Rangers lack passion... I know ... and it kills me, but if you watch a team like the Predators you can CLEARLY see that passion is still there.

I'm quite familiar with the current NHL product. It's not that it is bad, but certain elements are needed. What I see around the league is mixed passion, not night in and not out. I see games where it's "wow" and games where it looks like an all-star game out there.

I don't outright goonery, but I'd like players to be able to police themselves. The injuries, the incidents and other spectacles of the last decade are a direct result of the NHL's fear of anyone fighting. First it was the instigator rule, then it was the five minute rule, and I'm half scared to see what will happen next.

I've seen enough hockey in my life, and my career, to see that something is missing. It's not just the Rangers and it's league wide, the points are coming but they seem to come almost too easy. Guys around the league seem to be traveling on-touched because people are paranoid about a penalty and the league calling some very borderline penalties.

Like Simpson, I think a lot of things really work. I do however think there are some things that are too much. That's all Simpson said, it's what a lot of people have said. Some elements just dont feel real and for a sport that has always been about passion, physicality and skill it just seems like something isn't firing on all cylinders.

Closed Thread