HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Robatialle to play on the 1st line?

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2005, 07:12 PM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Robatialle to play on the 1st line?

Supposidly Craig Conroy was on ESPN 710 and mentioned that Luc will be playing on the first line with Demitra and himself.

This should be interesting. I for one like the move.

Disclaimer: I got this info from they other board, but I'd rather hear they opinions of people at HF.

Old
12-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Steelhead16

Great if it's true. Luc deserves a real shot at proving he can still play. At least this way the Kings can say they gave him the best opportunity. Luc deserves that.

Old
12-20-2005, 07:24 PM
bacchusbuddha

Send a message via AIM to bacchusbuddha
IIRC, FWIW, ETC... Luc came back strong the "last time" AM benched him, albeit a few years ago.

If stewing in the press box for a few games then being put back in the lineup on the top line doesn't get Luc fired up to play, nothing will.

Conroy and Demitra should benefit from having a shooter on the line (as evidenced by JR last night), not to mention someone who also has a knack for garbage goals.

Here's to hoping... Pump those crazy legs, Luc!

Old
12-20-2005, 07:28 PM
BINGO

Let's hope he can keep up with the pace of the game.

Old
12-20-2005, 07:33 PM
4kingzfan1

this is the dumbest thing I've seen...Murray is a idiot

Old
12-20-2005, 07:42 PM
jeffreyaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead16
Great if it's true. Luc deserves a real shot at proving he can still play. At least this way the Kings can say they gave him the best opportunity. Luc deserves that.
Agree- same deal AM seemed to make w/Roenick: placed him on the first line and told him to put up or shut up. Plus, I think that line actually works best when there's a "shooter" on it, as both of the other guys like to pass first and Fro usually only shoots w/in 6 feet. I was actually really hoping JR would take on that role- he showed last night that he's still got some juice in his slapper..... I hope Luc can keep up w/them enough to get in shooting spots and unleash his patented little snapper.

Old
12-20-2005, 07:45 PM
halco

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
Supposidly Craig Conroy was on ESPN 710 and mentioned that Luc will be playing on the first line with Demitra and himself.

This should be interesting. I for one like the move.

Disclaimer: I got this info from they other board, but I'd rather hear they opinions of people at HF.

I hate it. Put Luc on a line with Armstrong and put Frolov back on the 1st line. Luc has not earned 1st line minutes (and neither did JR when Murray made that move)!

Old
12-20-2005, 07:49 PM
jeffreyaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by halco
Luc has not earned 1st line minutes (and neither did JR when Murray made that move)!
Agree he hasn't necessarily EARNED it, but that's what seemed to finally wake up JR, and if the same can happen now for Luc it'll be a big boost for the team. And, as Steelhead said, if Robitaille doesn't deliver, at least it will be understood that he was given every chance.

Old
12-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Osprey

Roenick being out for 4-6 weeks is no big loss, but Luc moving to the 1st line is a great opportunity? I wonder about you people sometimes. I'll gladly eat crow if it works, but I'll be very surprised if Luc simply doesn't ruin the production of Conroy and Demitra. JR and Luc are not comparable players. JR still has gas left and Luc is running on vapors.

Old
12-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Me thinks this is Andy Murray's way of telling Luc to "put up or shut up." JR whined about being used as a checker, so Murray moved him on the top line to eliminate any excuses these players would have regarding limited ice time or playing with 4th line linemates.

If Luc can't produce with those two linemates (Conroy & Demitra), then Andy Murray is justified to demote Luc and give him a lesser role.

Most Kings fans seem to be indecisive. First they are upset with Andy Murray's treatment of Luc and JR, then people ***** about Luc being put on the top line. At least try to be consistent if you are going to ***** about Andy Murray!

Old
12-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
If they need somebody to shoot the puck put Cammalleri on the 1st line. I think he's earned a bit more ice time. At least something interesting happens when he's on the ice. So what if he isn't a Left Winger.

Old
12-20-2005, 08:41 PM
jeffreyaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skebo
If they need somebody to shoot the puck put Cammalleri on the 1st line. I think he's earned a bit more ice time. At least something interesting happens when he's on the ice. So what if he isn't a Left Winger.
I'd actually thought about that, too, but I think Luc needs the kickstart more than Cammy. And the wee line seems to be going okay for now.

Old
12-20-2005, 08:41 PM
ILuvLA

I love Luc, but there's no way in hell he can keep up with Conroy & Demitra. Why not put Frolov back on the 1st line and insert Luc on the 2nd? Frolov is lost on the 2nd line, he needs to paired with really smart players.

Old
12-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyaa
I'd actually thought about that, too, but I think Luc needs the kickstart more than Cammy. And the wee line seems to be going okay for now.
I could care less about kickstarting players. These guys should be self-motivated. They know how the system works. You play well; you get more ice time. You stink; you sit.

I care about wins. Right now, not later. If you look at the standings the Kings are 5th right now, but every other team has at least a few games in hand. I don't want to be sitting in 9th place toward the end of the season wondering where all the points went, when we've been busy all season jump starting players instead of putting the best players on the ice and winning games.

It seems that the Kings love to do enough to get by, but never enough to excel.

Old
12-20-2005, 09:14 PM
ILuvLA

DT & Co need to step up and get some offensive help - and sooner rather than later. Otherwise, it will be the same old story come season's end.

Old
12-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Conroy and Demitra bring the puck into the zone, and allow Luc to come in late like he's always done for the finishing chances. What's so hard to belive about that?

Old
12-20-2005, 09:21 PM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
He will get his 3 goals quicker on the first line, then he can retire. The biggest hurdle is that Conroy and Demitra will have to cycle for about a minute until Luc gets in the play.

Old
12-20-2005, 09:24 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Conroy and Demitra bring the puck into the zone, and allow Luc to come in late like he's always done for the finishing chances. What's so hard to belive about that?
It all depends on how fast Conny & Pavs are and how slow Luc is. I will admit that it could work, but it could also go horribly wrong.

Old
12-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
It all depends on how fast Conny & Pavs are and how slow Luc is. I will admit that it could work, but it could also go horribly wrong.
Conroy is one of the fastest guys on the team, Pavol is decent speedwise, add in Corvo and Lubo and they'll be ok.

Old
12-21-2005, 12:09 AM
Rez

Wow, I guess Frolov has played his way off the 1st line... forever?

There's no way in hell Robatille will be able to keep up with Conroy and Demitra's speed.

Old
12-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Me thinks this is Andy Murray's way of telling Luc to "put up or shut up." JR whined about being used as a checker, so Murray moved him on the top line to eliminate any excuses these players would have regarding limited ice time or playing with 4th line linemates.

If Luc can't produce with those two linemates (Conroy & Demitra), then Andy Murray is justified to demote Luc and give him a lesser role.
I agree with this. However, against Edmonton, I don't know if Luc's going to be able to keep up at all, regardless of which line he's on.
________
no2 vaporizer review

Last edited by Live in the Now: 02-06-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old
12-21-2005, 12:41 AM
jeffreyaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skebo
I could care less about kickstarting players. These guys should be self-motivated. They know how the system works. You play well; you get more ice time. You stink; you sit.
Respectfully, I think that's a bit short-sighted. Sure, sometimes it's a matter of motivation [see Cammy at the beginning of the season- which is an example of AM pushing the right buttons, btw...], but sometimes it's just about momentum and finding a groove. Sometimes you just get in a slump and need some help getting out of it. If we can get Luc scoring again, especially now w/JR on the shelf for a month and a half [given he finally seemed to have a breakout game last night], it will benefit the team GREATLY. I agree we need wins right now, but the season is a marathon, not a sprint.

Old
12-21-2005, 01:23 AM
johnjm22

Luc is a shooter. Always has been, always will be. He has a knack for getting open in they offensive zone, and one-timing shots that always seem to suprise opposing goalies. A player like this could really fit well with with the passing and play making abilities of Conroy and Demitra.

Will it work? It remains to be seen.

Just keep in mind that Luc has got something prove, and you know he's fired up after having to sit out those 3 games.

I think alot of you guys are exaggerating Luc's poor skating ability. I don't think he's any slower now than he was in 03-04.

Old
12-21-2005, 03:06 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
The LW spot on that line has been the grinder who gets the puck from the corners. Frolov did that and then JR did that. Luc is no good at that. That's what makes me skeptical that he can just be plugged in on that line.

I'm afraid that, in order to get Luc involved in the play and scoring, Conroy and Demitra will have to spend more time in the corners and focus on getting Luc the puck, and doing so might get them off of their games. Sure, they might get Luc scoring, but how will Luc affect their scoring? That's what I'm afraid of.

Old
12-21-2005, 07:51 AM
King Blazer

Kanko is the guy I'd like to see playing on the left wing with Conroy and Demitra...

Closed Thread