HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ovation for Mikey tonight

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2003, 05:43 PM
  #1
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Ovation for Mikey tonight

What a great ovation he got, it was the loudest I've ever heard the place in the last 6 years. I have a few 5 second clips from my digicam too that I'll upload later on incase anyone wants to see/hear them, nothing big but it'll give you a feel for it.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-16-2003, 07:49 PM
  #2
LiquidClown
Registered User
 
LiquidClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Huntsville, Al
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,640
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
What a great ovation he got, it was the loudest I've ever heard the place in the last 6 years. I have a few 5 second clips from my digicam too that I'll upload later on incase anyone wants to see/hear them, nothing big but it'll give you a feel for it.

Man the one game I choose to skip the first period of and I miss that, I caught about a 2second clip off of espn with no sound. What exactly did they do for him tonight? All I saw was him standing center ice...

and yeah the clip would be really nice.

LiquidClown is offline  
Old
10-16-2003, 08:02 PM
  #3
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
Man the one game I choose to skip the first period of and I miss that, I caught about a 2second clip off of espn with no sound. What exactly did they do for him tonight? All I saw was him standing center ice...

and yeah the clip would be really nice.
He dropped the ceremonial first puck. Very simple, no video, just an a straightforward introduction of a player who played 15 years with the Rangers and is the winnest goaltender in Ranger history. The crowd did the rest. Richter just soaked it all in with a huge grin.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
10-16-2003, 08:32 PM
  #4
JCProdigy
Registered User
 
JCProdigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: I want what I want
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
That was amazing. See the contrast between the boos heard during the team intros to Richter stepping on the ice. Basically showed the rest of this excuse for a Ranger's team on the ice that the fans do appreciate effort, courage and winners. You want to stop the boos, start giving some damn effort and we'll treat you like heroes. Just ask the Yanks.

JCProdigy is offline  
Old
10-16-2003, 08:46 PM
  #5
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
I wasn't able to take many decent pictures or in game pictures and I'm obviously not much of a photographer. The clips are 5 seconds, that's all this digicam allowed. Like I said not much but here you go!

I'm deffinitely bringing my camcorder on Feb 4 which will allow me to record the entire ceremonies with no time limits.








5 second clips:
http://wa-clans.com/rangers/vid101603_1.MPG
- end of the National Anthem just to give you some idea about how loud the ovation was for Richter.

http://wa-clans.com/rangers/vid101603_2.MPG
- Richter walking up to center ice shortly after being announced

http://wa-clans.com/rangers/vid101603_3.MPG
- mid ovation

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-16-2003, 10:11 PM
  #6
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch
 
Frozen North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: OK
Country: United States
Posts: 1,135
vCash: 500
Awesome, Thanks a lot, #37!

Frozen North is offline  
Old
10-17-2003, 04:50 AM
  #7
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
That was amazing. See the contrast between the boos heard during the team intros to Richter stepping on the ice. Basically showed the rest of this excuse for a Ranger's team on the ice that the fans do appreciate effort, courage and winners. You want to stop the boos, start giving some damn effort and we'll treat you like heroes. Just ask the Yanks.
Well said.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
10-17-2003, 07:19 AM
  #8
FACEMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
too bad you didn't get a picture of the hottie singing the national anthem she was SMOKIN.

FACEMAN is offline  
Old
10-17-2003, 08:01 AM
  #9
Lundyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Well I didn't take her picture but I found one for you. Her name is Jill Gioia.


Lundyfan is offline  
Old
10-17-2003, 10:10 AM
  #10
LiquidClown
Registered User
 
LiquidClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Huntsville, Al
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,640
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Thanks for the photos and videos! Very much appreciated!

LiquidClown is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.