HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Medvescak 16/17: FINAL SALE NOW EVERYTHING MUST GO ENDS AT MIDNIGHT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2016, 03:10 AM
  #1
bishonen91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Medvescak 16/17: FINAL SALE NOW EVERYTHING MUST GO ENDS AT MIDNIGHT

The pickle season has started with sour news. Alexandre Bolduc extended his stay in Zagreb.

Bolduc was a player with few perks, many cons, and many many stupid penalties. He is excited to resign in Zagreb, yet fans would have been ecstatic if he resigned instead.

Quote:
Just wanted to say thanks to all the fans of Zagreb for a great season & excited to have resigned for next season #TogetherWeAre #medvescak
Alex Bolduc (@Aduke49) March 3, 2016
As we all know, but can't prove since no CORSI and other statmasters

Quote:
In numerous occasions Bolduc showed his value on the ice is far greater than the sum of points tallied. His effort and attitude which were visible every step of the way, and the will to help the team in every way he can, combined with physical style of play, made him an integral part of team identity.
What will happen next? Who knows, Perkovich has a contract as well, but for him first comes WCD1B where he must shine with his size and (skill?).

Who are your favorites and why will this thread be moved within few weeks to "other european leagues" topic?


Last edited by bishonen91: 02-15-2017 at 03:48 AM.
bishonen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2016, 02:12 AM
  #3
kabidjan18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulenova seka View Post
That second quote is...well...


Bolded part would be the best signing...
I hear from another forum someone who claimed to know someone close to the situation (ikr, so credible) says that Medvescak wants KHL or bust. Makes no sense, I haven't run into a single Medvescak fan who's like "Yayyy...exports!!!" It seems amazingly enough like most fans would rather play in a less competitive league and have the bottom 6 forwards and bottom 4 defensemen be Croatian.

kabidjan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2016, 04:24 AM
  #4
hansomreiste
Registered User
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Kocaeli
Country: Turkey
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
What about Croatian youth system? Is it fruitful? If yes, I think having Medvescak in KHL would be much better as it would lure more Croatian youngsters to play for the bears. We are living in a time where Chinese ice a team in second best league of the world... Yes, I get that Croats do not want to watch a full of export team who cannot even get into top 8 but if youth system is more or less reliable, the future would definitely be OK for Medvescak.

However, if there is no hope about younger generations about hockey, then maybe going back to EBEL for a more competitive race and a more "Croatian" team is better. Though EBEL is way less open compared to KHL. For example, I had and still have plans to visit Zagreb for a couple of Medvescak games. Thanks to laola1.tv and the team playing in KHL, I can watch almost any game of Medvescak. When this team goes back to EBEL, all these opportunities vanish. OK, I know Medvescak now; but many people wil not. Because, compared to KHL, EBEL is pretty much nothing. There is not nearly enough advertising value.

These scums play all four play-off ties at the same time. It's obvious that they do not care about foreign fans. They say, "Watch your team's game. What else do you need?"

Honestly, to be able to watch Medvescak, I do not want them to go back to EBEL. Yes, it's more competitive and probably warmer for them but meh.

hansomreiste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2016, 05:28 AM
  #5
bishonen91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
What about Croatian youth system? Is it fruitful? If yes, I think having Medvescak in KHL would be much better as it would lure more Croatian youngsters to play for the bears. We are living in a time where Chinese ice a team in second best league of the world... Yes, I get that Croats do not want to watch a full of export team who cannot even get into top 8 but if youth system is more or less reliable, the future would definitely be OK for Medvescak.

Ice time is full, there is no new possibility for these kids to practice. When and where is the question. In 7 years nothing happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
However, if there is no hope about younger generations about hockey, then maybe going back to EBEL for a more competitive race and a more "Croatian" team is better. Though EBEL is way less open compared to KHL. For example, I had and still have plans to visit Zagreb for a couple of Medvescak games. Thanks to laola1.tv and the team playing in KHL, I can watch almost any game of Medvescak. When this team goes back to EBEL, all these opportunities vanish. OK, I know Medvescak now; but many people wil not. Because, compared to KHL, EBEL is pretty much nothing. There is not nearly enough advertising value.
All home games from Medvescak were on TV from season 09/10. Half of away games were on in 11/12 with that being ALL from 12/13 in EBEL. (almost all, maybe 5 or so werent on TV).

Compare to KHL EBEL is a league people can identify themselves with. Who gives a **** about some Sibir or Amur teams?

Yet, Slovenia is here, graz we all hate, Vienna, Salzburg, even Bolzano are teams that are close, have some meaning and you can get there very easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post

These scums play all four play-off ties at the same time. It's obvious that they do not care about foreign fans. They say, "Watch your team's game. What else do you need?"

Honestly, to be able to watch Medvescak, I do not want them to go back to EBEL. Yes, it's more competitive and probably warmer for them but meh.
Learn the history, league and then talk about chance to watch games. Because you could watch 75% of games in EBEL last two season easily.

bishonen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2016, 05:53 AM
  #6
HungryFrank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
What about Croatian youth system? Is it fruitful? If yes, I think having Medvescak in KHL would be much better as it would lure more Croatian youngsters to play for the bears.
there is no selection, ice time is used badly because U18 team doesn't play anywere and three U16 teams are playing separated while there should be a selection at that age. Less games, better players practicing together, more ice team. Easy equation.
You can see results of that in 96' generation (currently knocked Olimpija out of youth EBEL playoffs), they constantly played competitive hockey and they easily produced few EBEL players. (they didn't bring expert coaches or anything, they just tried to make a selection)
Zagreb can easily have a self-sustaining hockey club in EBEL, talent is there...

HungryFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2016, 06:14 AM
  #7
hansomreiste
Registered User
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Kocaeli
Country: Turkey
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryFrank View Post
there is no selection, ice time is used badly because U18 team doesn't play anywere and three U16 teams are playing separated while there should be a selection at that age. Less games, better players practicing together, more ice team. Easy equation.
You can see results of that in 96' generation (currently knocked Olimpija out of youth EBEL playoffs), they constantly played competitive hockey and they easily produced few EBEL players. (they didn't bring expert coaches or anything, they just tried to make a selection)
Zagreb can easily have a self-sustaining hockey club in EBEL, talent is there...
Thank you Frank. So it seems that the Croats have more like structural problems rather than producing talents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishonen91 View Post
All home games from Medvescak were on TV from season 09/10. Half of away games were on in 11/12 with that being ALL from 12/13 in EBEL. (almost all, maybe 5 or so werent on TV).

Compare to KHL EBEL is a league people can identify themselves with. Who gives a **** about some Sibir or Amur teams?

Yet, Slovenia is here, graz we all hate, Vienna, Salzburg, even Bolzano are teams that are close, have some meaning and you can get there very easy.

Learn the history, league and then talk about chance to watch games. Because you could watch 75% of games in EBEL last two season easily.
Of course Medvescak games will be televised in Croatia, I am speaking for myself and other foreigner hockey fans. You can watch NHL in almost any country. Same goes for KHL. Via web or TV, you can find many options. What about EBEL?

For god's sake, for how many times do you play against Sibir or Amur a year? Moreover, why would you care about your opponents? So, would you not be interested if Medvescak was put in NHL? Would you yet again say, "Meh, why would I care about Arizona, pff"? There are close away games where you can travel in KHL as well.

I am pretty familiar with EBEL's history, don't worry. And no, if you are not from Austria or a nearby country with a team in EBEL, you can't watch it. Very rarely. Now you may ask, "Why would EBEL care about you?" but if you run an INTERNATIONAL league, then you have to care about other countries/people as well.

hansomreiste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2016, 02:31 PM
  #8
kabidjan18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
Of course Medvescak games will be televised in Croatia, I am speaking for myself and other foreigner hockey fans. You can watch NHL in almost any country. Same goes for KHL. Via web or TV, you can find many options. What about EBEL?

For god's sake, for how many times do you play against Sibir or Amur a year? Moreover, why would you care about your opponents? So, would you not be interested if Medvescak was put in NHL? Would you yet again say, "Meh, why would I care about Arizona, pff"? There are close away games where you can travel in KHL as well.

I am pretty familiar with EBEL's history, don't worry. And no, if you are not from Austria or a nearby country with a team in EBEL, you can't watch it. Very rarely. Now you may ask, "Why would EBEL care about you?" but if you run an INTERNATIONAL league, then you have to care about other countries/people as well.
Ummm...lol...first off I'm in America and find ways to watch EBEL games, but that's irrelevant because the whole point of Fandom is that you pay money, a small subscription, the point of being a fan isn't to get everything free though since your a student you will no doubt try to.

Second, that's simply not how rivalries work. The fiercest rivalries all are rooted in things deeper than sports. Hungary and Austria are rivals even though Hungary isn't on Austria's level it's about geography and history. Austria's closest rival should be Latvia by strength and relevance but that isn't the case, at least not yet.

You really need to get out of the mindset that no one wants to pay for a product and that it has to be available worldwide for free for the team to make any money. I watch laola1 tv too, but people who are *gasp* fans, will pay to watch their team play. Michael Raffl for instance when he left Austria still streamed every one of his brother's playoff games on his phone, FOR MONEY, crazily enough. Laola1 doesn't even provide all KHL games, rather a good selection of the west teams but if you want to watch ALL KHL games you might have to be a real fan and pay. EBEL is a logical choice, stop sweating stuff that only matters to students because most people have disposable income.

kabidjan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2016, 02:44 PM
  #9
hansomreiste
Registered User
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Kocaeli
Country: Turkey
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabidjan18 View Post
Ummm...lol...first off I'm in America and find ways to watch EBEL games, but that's irrelevant because the whole point of Fandom is that you pay money, a small subscription, the point of being a fan isn't to get everything free though since your a student you will no doubt try to.

Second, that's simply not how rivalries work. The fiercest rivalries all are rooted in things deeper than sports. Hungary and Austria are rivals even though Hungary isn't on Austria's level it's about geography and history. Austria's closest rival should be Latvia by strength and relevance but that isn't the case, at least not yet.

You really need to get out of the mindset that no one wants to pay for a product and that it has to be available worldwide for free for the team to make any money. I watch laola1 tv too, but people who are *gasp* fans, will pay to watch their team play. Michael Raffl for instance when he left Austria still streamed every one of his brother's playoff games on his phone, FOR MONEY, crazily enough. Laola1 doesn't even provide all KHL games, rather a good selection of the west teams but if you want to watch ALL KHL games you might have to be a real fan and pay. EBEL is a logical choice, stop sweating stuff that only matters to students because most people have disposable income.
Wait, who told you I am looking for something FREE or that I have no money because I am student? Do you even know how much I spent as a student on KHL, SHL or many other competitions' subscriptions? If you know that I am a student, you should know I work and have a disposable salary as well. I am an adult, not a 17 year-old asking for pocket money.

Free is good but no; I am not asking for free EBEL games. What I want is accessibility. Simple stuff. Pay money and watch the game. In "closed" leagues like EBEL, this is impossible. For example, to buy SHL subscription, firstly I needed help of Swedish guys here; then I had to find someone holding a Swedish bank card so that he could buy the thing for me and then I could pay him.

So, if money is the issue, you can count me as a fan because I pay A LOT to watch hockey. I just don't want to check twenty different links to find a viable stream or a subscription page. I am a customer ready to spend money yet there is nobody to receive it. This is the problem with EBEL, similar to SHL.

Moreover, then there is choices. I personally enjoy watching Medvescak against Sibir for free. You can guess that I would not be happy to buy a subscription for Medvescak-Bolzano, right, when I have the option to watch it free against a better team? Of course this does not depend on me; this is just my personal view.

So tell me, how do you watch EBEL games? Give me a link for subscription. Do you have any? For KHL, I just have to type "KHL video" and voila, I have everything I need. Where is this for EBEL? Show me because I cannot find.

I still cannot understand how you brought up money thing. Where did I tell that I am looking for free stream or anything? I am just saying that EBEL is a closed league and watching it is not as easy as KHL. Doesn't matter if you are a millionaire; if you are out of Austria, they simply do not give a f*** about you. I can watch Avangard's all games with an easily accessible subscription. Because KHL recognizes that there are people out there supporting KHL teams. This is not the case for EBEL. If you are not from Croatia or somewhere around, they ignore your existence as a hockey fan. As I said; I have money, yet there is nobody to receive it. Prove me wrong, please.

hansomreiste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2016, 03:48 PM
  #10
kabidjan18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
Wait, who told you I am looking for something FREE or that I have no money because I am student? Do you even know how much I spent as a student on KHL, SHL or many other competitions' subscriptions? If you know that I am a student, you should know I work and have a disposable salary as well. I am an adult, not a 17 year-old asking for pocket money.

Free is good but no; I am not asking for free EBEL games. What I want is accessibility. Simple stuff. Pay money and watch the game. In "closed" leagues like EBEL, this is impossible. For example, to buy SHL subscription, firstly I needed help of Swedish guys here; then I had to find someone holding a Swedish bank card so that he could buy the thing for me and then I could pay him.

So, if money is the issue, you can count me as a fan because I pay A LOT to watch hockey. I just don't want to check twenty different links to find a viable stream or a subscription page. I am a customer ready to spend money yet there is nobody to receive it. This is the problem with EBEL, similar to SHL.

Moreover, then there is choices. I personally enjoy watching Medvescak against Sibir for free. You can guess that I would not be happy to buy a subscription for Medvescak-Bolzano, right, when I have the option to watch it free against a better team? Of course this does not depend on me; this is just my personal view.

So tell me, how do you watch EBEL games? Give me a link for subscription. Do you have any? For KHL, I just have to type "KHL video" and voila, I have everything I need. Where is this for EBEL? Show me because I cannot find.

I still cannot understand how you brought up money thing. Where did I tell that I am looking for free stream or anything? I am just saying that EBEL is a closed league and watching it is not as easy as KHL. Doesn't matter if you are a millionaire; if you are out of Austria, they simply do not give a f*** about you. I can watch Avangard's all games with an easily accessible subscription. Because KHL recognizes that there are people out there supporting KHL teams. This is not the case for EBEL. If you are not from Croatia or somewhere around, they ignore your existence as a hockey fan. As I said; I have money, yet there is nobody to receive it. Prove me wrong, please.
Lol so much about you and catering to you it makes me smile.
Laola1 and servus claim to stream some games and *evidently not legal site* (or something to that effect) came up on a google search. I personally don't need to find a stream for the EBEL so I'm not going to go through the effort of giving you one, ask Michael Raffl, then come back to talking about Medvescak. Plenty of leagues have made money off of "closed" systems, the NLA and what you made the SHL sound like for instance, Medvescak obviously can still be very viable in the EBEL. They seem to want to stay in the KHL or else.


Last edited by kabidjan18: 03-05-2016 at 03:58 PM.
kabidjan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 03:12 AM
  #11
hansomreiste
Registered User
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Kocaeli
Country: Turkey
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabidjan18 View Post
Lol so much about you and catering to you it makes me smile.
Laola1 and servus claim to stream some games and *evidently not legal site* (or something to that effect) came up on a google search. I personally don't need to find a stream for the EBEL so I'm not going to go through the effort of giving you one, ask Michael Raffl, then come back to talking about Medvescak. Plenty of leagues have made money off of "closed" systems, the NLA and what you made the SHL sound like for instance, Medvescak obviously can still be very viable in the EBEL. They seem to want to stay in the KHL or else.
If you claim that I am looking for free games and kinda begging for them, then yeah, I will tell about how much I spent on hockey. Would not take this as catering.

You see the problem: You cannot provide a link. If you were to, you'd probably spend a lot of time. I am not interested in illegal links. Not because I am a truthful warrior; they usually suck, that's why. When it comes to official streams, you cannot find them.

laola1.tv streams are negligible. Out of 100 games, they stream maybe two or three. I don't know why you make such a big deal of this. I, as a hockey person, want to watch Medvescak easier so I like them in KHL. How did you come up with the idea that I have no money or ask for free streams? What do you think I do when my favorite team's game is not on laola1.tv? Lie down and cry? No mate. I go BUY them. Oh, stop catering you ill-bred hansomreiste, how ugly you are.

hansomreiste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 03:32 AM
  #12
Killion
Global Moderator
 
Killion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 32,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
.... What do you think I do when my favorite team's game is not on laola1.tv? Lie down and cry? No mate. I go BUY them. Oh, stop catering you ill-bred hansomreiste, how ugly you are.
.... alrighty then.

Killion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 05:32 AM
  #13
kabidjan18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
If you claim that I am looking for free games and kinda begging for them, then yeah, I will tell about how much I spent on hockey. Would not take this as catering.

You see the problem: You cannot provide a link. If you were to, you'd probably spend a lot of time. I am not interested in illegal links. Not because I am a truthful warrior; they usually suck, that's why. When it comes to official streams, you cannot find them.

laola1.tv streams are negligible. Out of 100 games, they stream maybe two or three. I don't know why you make such a big deal of this. I, as a hockey person, want to watch Medvescak easier so I like them in KHL. How did you come up with the idea that I have no money or ask for free streams? What do you think I do when my favorite team's game is not on laola1.tv? Lie down and cry? No mate. I go BUY them. Oh, stop catering you ill-bred hansomreiste, how ugly you are.
Haha you're a fun one. Catering because the topic is supposed to be whether a KHL return is better for Medvescak or a EBEL jump but all we seem to be able to talk about is whether or not the EBEL has an online streaming service for hansom. I don't see the fact that hansom won't be able to watch them anymore as a real problem for Medvescak, or other international fans because really the EBEL doesn't have good enough of a product for them to go out and sell TV rights. That doesn't mean the KHL is the only option, they can still be profitable without being seen by everyone on stream.

Oh goodness you're funny lol, thanks for making all of us smile.

kabidjan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 05:40 AM
  #14
hansomreiste
Registered User
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Kocaeli
Country: Turkey
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabidjan18 View Post
Haha you're a fun one. Catering because the topic is supposed to be whether a KHL return is better for Medvescak or a EBEL jump but all we seem to be able to talk about is whether or not the EBEL has an online streaming service for hansom. I don't see the fact that hansom won't be able to watch them anymore as a real problem for Medvescak, or other international fans because really the EBEL doesn't have good enough of a product for them to go out and sell TV rights. That doesn't mean the KHL is the only option, they can still be profitable without being seen by everyone on stream.

Oh goodness you're funny lol, thanks for making all of us smile.
Are you doing this on purpose or can't you understand what I say? I am saying that staying in KHL for Medvescak is better because this way, Medvescak can reach to more people. Of course, "real" Medvescak fans are priority and I understand they want to play against Graz instead of Sibir; but in the long run, being part of a well-known, strong league like KHL must provide the club with better options. When you are one of the best teams in the world, you don't care about Graz or Bolzano.

This is my thought and this is the better thing for me as a fan as well. Anyway, I will not prolong this meaningless thing any further - I just share my opinion on the matter. Or, as you say, cater to myself. Let's see what happens.

By the way, when will the teams exactly be known for the next season? As far as I know, application deadline for new teams is April 1, but what about the existing ones? For example, if Medvescak is to leave, when will this be decided? When exactly can we know all teams for the next season?

hansomreiste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 06:03 AM
  #15
kabidjan18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
Are you doing this on purpose or can't you understand what I say? I am saying that staying in KHL for Medvescak is better because this way, Medvescak can reach to more people. Of course, "real" Medvescak fans are priority and I understand they want to play against Graz instead of Sibir; but in the long run, being part of a well-known, strong league like KHL must provide the club with better options. When you are one of the best teams in the world, you don't care about Graz or Bolzano.

This is my thought and this is the better thing for me as a fan as well. Anyway, I will not prolong this meaningless thing any further - I just share my opinion on the matter. Or, as you say, cater to myself. Let's see what happens.

By the way, when will the teams exactly be known for the next season? As far as I know, application deadline for new teams is April 1, but what about the existing ones? For example, if Medvescak is to leave, when will this be decided? When exactly can we know all teams for the next season?
Fair play. Some people think perhaps that playing more local players and playing better known rivals would galvanize the fanbase more and that would outpace the gains of being on a stream. I can tell some meaning is being lost in translation but that's irregardless, you're a fair person.

Yeah, I'm wondering that too since the EBEL gave them 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure 2 weeks is up.

kabidjan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 06:08 AM
  #16
Dueling Banjos
Registered User
 
Dueling Banjos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,434
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabidjan18 View Post
Fair play. Some people think perhaps that playing more local players and playing better known rivals would galvanize the fanbase more and that would outpace the gains of being on a stream. I can tell some meaning is being lost in translation but that's irregardless, you're a fair person.

Yeah, I'm wondering that too since the EBEL gave them 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure 2 weeks is up.
Offtopic question, howcome you're so interested in and well informed about EBEL, given your location is America?

Dueling Banjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 07:05 AM
  #17
kabidjan18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos View Post
Offtopic question, howcome you're so interested in and well informed about EBEL, given your location is America?
Haha, even though hockey isn't the sport i work with, I have always been interested in sports and sports development. I remember watching a hockey game where Thomas Vanek scored years back and I looked him up and he was Austrian. Then I looked up Austrian hockey players and got an article about Michael Raffl and his recent arrival in the NHL and the rest was history.

For most of the country, hockey in the US is an extremely niche market, there are "hockey people" who do hockey and love hockey while everyone else does football (am) or basketball. It's extremely hard to get those hockey people interested in overseas leagues lol, because they're usually passionate NHL fans who have barely heard of the KHL. I only started watching the KHL regularly mostly to scout Riga, and to a lesser extent Slovan. Basically none of them have heard of the EBEL lol. I'd say most American hockey fans respect the KHL as the second best league in the world, but if you asked them any questions like what teams play in it or who won the championship they'd most likely say "Ilya Kovalchuk?"

kabidjan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 08:02 AM
  #18
Dueling Banjos
Registered User
 
Dueling Banjos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,434
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabidjan18 View Post
Haha, even though hockey isn't the sport i work with, I have always been interested in sports and sports development. I remember watching a hockey game where Thomas Vanek scored years back and I looked him up and he was Austrian. Then I looked up Austrian hockey players and got an article about Michael Raffl and his recent arrival in the NHL and the rest was history.

For most of the country, hockey in the US is an extremely niche market, there are "hockey people" who do hockey and love hockey while everyone else does football (am) or basketball. It's extremely hard to get those hockey people interested in overseas leagues lol, because they're usually passionate NHL fans who have barely heard of the KHL. I only started watching the KHL regularly mostly to scout Riga, and to a lesser extent Slovan. Basically none of them have heard of the EBEL lol. I'd say most American hockey fans respect the KHL as the second best league in the world, but if you asked them any questions like what teams play in it or who won the championship they'd most likely say "Ilya Kovalchuk?"
Well interesting but yeah i try to follow other Eu leagues as well & some AHL, that mainly means occasional crappy stream and spending hours on elite prospects instead of being useful around the house you know

Dueling Banjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 09:02 AM
  #19
kabidjan18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos View Post
Well interesting but yeah i try to follow other Eu leagues as well & some AHL, that mainly means occasional crappy stream and spending hours on elite prospects instead of being useful around the house you know
Haha yeah I understand. Elite prospects is a great tool and guide for following hockey, you can get pretty far just using it. I assume in Slovenia there's some support for Ljubljana and Jesenice. It's interesting how little rivalry or animosity there is between the Austrian fans and Slovenian fans. You'd think because of how often they play, geography and sharing a league that there might be more but no Austrian fans consider Germany their rival. They even go so far as to want Jesenice to get admitted to the EBEL.


Last edited by kabidjan18: 03-06-2016 at 09:08 AM.
kabidjan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 10:15 AM
  #20
bishonen91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
All games were streamed at least in SD, some even in HD in EBEL last season.

All on HRT/Sportklub were streamed for free on pirate sites. Easily found. All those on LAOLA were free.

Medvescak needs to (re)build its fanbase. From EBEL avg 5.5k it went to 3.5k in KHL this year. No, club official numbers don't do it.

I can link you photos from the games I attended from 09-13 and those of 13-16. It's a huge difference. Whole sets of stands were removed or covered.

People just DO NOT CARE about Russian teams. They flocked to Slovan and Jokerit games, went to see Kovy or Radulov, rest was - no thanks bud.

EBEL is growing nicely. Very nicely.

bishonen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 10:24 AM
  #21
maxim84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 624
vCash: 500
The biggest problem about MDV attendance is number of games...people don't have money or time to be in Dom Sportova 3 times a week and then follow online games at 1pm if Medvescak needs to go on a road trip in central or east Russia... It was easier in Ebel when games were on wednesday/weekend if I remember. However I don't remember any player from 09/10 Ebel winning team but I will always remember Rads, Kovy, Mozyakin & co. in DS

Edit: Bishonen, what is the difference between Medvescak/Vityaz in KHL and Medvescak/Dornbirn in EBEL?

maxim84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 02:24 PM
  #22
bishonen91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxim84 View Post
The biggest problem about MDV attendance is number of games...people don't have money or time to be in Dom Sportova 3 times a week and then follow online games at 1pm if Medvescak needs to go on a road trip in central or east Russia... It was easier in Ebel when games were on wednesday/weekend if I remember. However I don't remember any player from 09/10 Ebel winning team but I will always remember Rads, Kovy, Mozyakin & co. in DS

Edit: Bishonen, what is the difference between Medvescak/Vityaz in KHL and Medvescak/Dornbirn in EBEL?
I don't know whats about in Vityaz, because I don't care about that team. All I know is that they were a fun team one season, but no more.

Why is that even selected games were empty (fridays, sundays, saturdays)?

Also - EBEL was played Tuesday/Friday - Sunday with thursdays in playoffs back then.

09/10 - you don't remember players? Not a single one? Heco, Prpic, Sertich come to mind instantly. Kristan and few more follow closely.

bishonen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 03:19 PM
  #23
kabidjan18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishonen91 View Post
All games were streamed at least in SD, some even in HD in EBEL last season.

All on HRT/Sportklub were streamed for free on pirate sites. Easily found. All those on LAOLA were free.

Medvescak needs to (re)build its fanbase. From EBEL avg 5.5k it went to 3.5k in KHL this year. No, club official numbers don't do it.

I can link you photos from the games I attended from 09-13 and those of 13-16. It's a huge difference. Whole sets of stands were removed or covered.

People just DO NOT CARE about Russian teams. They flocked to Slovan and Jokerit games, went to see Kovy or Radulov, rest was - no thanks bud.

EBEL is growing nicely. Very nicely.
This is what I was referring to basically. The parallel would be more people show up to a University of Texas football game against Tech (only a 5-6 hour drive away) than Cal (about 27 hours non-stop) because Texas and Texas Tech have a rivalry even though Cal has recently been much better than Tech. And yeah I remember Michael Raffl talking in an interview about watching his brother's games, if there were no streams then he definitely couldn't have done it, now he is a millionaire. You mentioned Jokerit but they might be leaving too...

kabidjan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 04:11 PM
  #24
Vanjito
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Quote:
Also - EBEL was played Tuesday/Friday - Sunday with thursdays in playoffs back then.
you can tell the difference between 2 games and 3/4 games per week, I hope. in ebel you had one home and one away game each week with an additional game on tuesdays once in a while. so max 2 home games in a week, and that was seldom. this season we had 5 in 9 days wich prolonged to 13 in 36 days. then came one week on the road and again 7 home games in 16 days. that's a lot of home games in a very short time frame. who has time for that? ok, some have, but most people don't. I had to miss some game because of work, but if I was free and went to all that games my girlfriend would have left me (but then I'd have more free time for hockey )

Quote:
09/10 - you don't remember players? Not a single one? Heco, Prpic, Sertich come to mind instantly. Kristan and few more follow closely.
I believe he said 09/10 ebel winner, not 09/10 medvescak team

ok, now let's talk rivalries. medvescak has 2 rivals, olimpija and jesenice. that's it. don't even know if they feel the same way as they were so much better than us back in the day in yugoslavian leauge.
we can maybe add alba, but that's already streaching it. jesenice play in austrian 2nd tier leauge, and olimpija won 4/44 in regulation time in ebel. our rivals suck at this time. better to find new rivals instead of lowering ourselves to their level. (non offence meant to our slovenian friends). "rivalries" against austrian clubs are 4 years old at best. and they never saw us as their rivals. we were yugoschweine to them, slavic stable boys. and the refs, oh my god, what horror was that. jokerit complains about russian refs, but they are leauges and leauges better that ebel refs.

but I came to write something else entirely and got myself sidetracked

medvescak's brightest future is not in khl or ebel but in khl and ebel. no money for that atm, but as the word is ebel 2 could start as soon as next season with a promote/demote format, we could start there and make our way up. that would be good in so many ways, and would certainly be good for the national team.
what, a man can dream, can't he?

Vanjito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2016, 01:15 AM
  #25
bishonen91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
@kabidjan18 - yes he's right, salzburg streamed all home games, most of away as well. I believe now all halls must provide picture of some kind at least

@vanjito - why should I remember players from the winning team? who cares besides their fans. Do you (or he) know who won KHL in 09/10 by heart?

Quote:
ok, now let's talk rivalries. medvescak has 2 rivals, olimpija and jesenice. that's it. don't even know if they feel the same way as they were so much better than us back in the day in yugoslavian leauge.
we can maybe add alba, but that's already streaching it. jesenice play in austrian 2nd tier leauge, and olimpija won 4/44 in regulation time in ebel. our rivals suck at this time. better to find new rivals instead of lowering ourselves to their level. (non offence meant to our slovenian friends). "rivalries" against austrian clubs are 4 years old at best. and they never saw us as their rivals. we were yugoschweine to them, slavic stable boys. and the refs, oh my god, what horror was that. jokerit complains about russian refs, but they are leauges and leauges better that ebel refs.
Rivalries are also made. The fiercest were with Oli/Jesenice of course, then comes Alba. Medvescak has been playing alba for 20 years now in some way (interleague, panonian league etc).

In 09/10 the rivalry with Graz came into being and was always fierce. KAC nights were fun and welcomed, as well as Red Bull ones.

Also from the start Linz was considered an enemy by all.

regarding everything else, who cares

bishonen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.