HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Medvescak 16/17: FINAL SALE NOW EVERYTHING MUST GO ENDS AT MIDNIGHT

Old
06-23-2016, 08:12 AM
mitch mdv zg

vCash: 500

mitch mdv zg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2016, 08:14 AM
cave troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryFrank View Post
Also heard that Medvescak wants to play in MOL, it would be great if they could have some more russian lower VHL level youngsters and shuffle them a bit from time to time so they can prove themselves,also, it would open up some space for homegrown players to compete at semi pro level.
Maxinum one defensive, and one offensive line from VHL.
Everything more then that will destroy the competitivness of the league.
Primary reason is probably to have our NT players playing in the league where they can improve. They are far superior to the Romanians, but top Hungarian teams in MOL league will be OK for them

cave troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2016, 06:37 AM
mitch mdv zg

Gordie Dwyer stays as coach.

Old
06-28-2016, 01:23 AM
crobro

Chris Higgins to medvescak

crobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2016, 04:59 AM
maxim84

There are two Chris Higgins on eliteprospects :-) I'm sure the one from Vancouver isn't in our pay range

maxim84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2016, 08:17 AM
SoundAndFury

Yeah he wouldn't be too eager to go play for Zagreb just yet I'd imagine.

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."
SoundAndFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2016, 11:07 AM
mitch mdv zg

18 players on roster at the moment, 15 from last season(s).

Last preseason game will be played against Graz 99ers of EBEL.

Old
07-15-2016, 12:00 PM
mitch mdv zg

Jeez, we have 10 games homestand between 19 December and 17 January.

Unlike last season, our longest away streak - 8 games - will not be our last games, we'll play them between matchdays #6 and #13. We closed 2015-16 season with 8 away games.

Bjorkstrand left Medveščak to join LA Kings while two Czech guys joined our team - Krejčik and Smejkal.

Old
07-15-2016, 02:00 PM
hockeyMB89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch mdv zg View Post
Jeez, we have 10 games homestand between 19 December and 17 January.
Some in Zagreb Arena??

hockeyMB89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2016, 02:39 PM
mitch mdv zg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulenova seka View Post
Which is period when some of our top players, or those who step up during the season, could leave, which means weaker team, more defeats and less fans at the stands.
Yes, but I hope we won't be seeing that scenario. I have a good feeling for this season. Taking my betting form lately, we might suck like never before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyMB89 View Post
Some in Zagreb Arena??
Unfortunately, no way. Arena times are long behind us.

It isn't viable as there's no ice in there (it's actually a hockey arena, design was in a rush (Zagreb needed arena for handball World Cup in 2009) bought from company that planned to build it in Krakow, but it was built without "things" needed for ice as no one thought of something as Medveščak might happen) so they, when they used Arena, imported ice (surface, coolers and all other stuff) from Italy if I recall correctly. Too expensive with fact that there are less fans now than there were 2-3 years ago and that City doesn't care about hockey.

Old
08-02-2016, 05:32 PM
mitch mdv zg

Medveščak started it's preseason with 1-0 win against Omsk (game played in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic). Short-handed goal by Glumac.

Old
08-07-2016, 10:41 AM
mitch mdv zg

Another win yesterday, Medveščak defeated Litvinov 1-0, but the game was interrupted after all-players brawl in 54th minute. Katić scored, and like in last game, it was SH again.

Next two games are in Cardiff, Wales, against Cardiff Devils.

I like our preseason, seems there is great chemistry between the players, big part of last season's team is there, I hope we'll get into the postseason.

Old
08-11-2016, 04:46 PM
mitch mdv zg

I like that "win is a win". It surely better than losing.

Old
08-13-2016, 07:53 AM
HungryFrank

Quote:
Then they should play against Olimpija lot more.

HungryFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2016, 11:33 AM
hansomreiste
Kebabman

Quote:
(Mod) He'd probably find something to worry about even if Medvescak was admitted to NHL and eventually won it. "Well, we had an easy & lucky bracket. What's so special about winning Stanley Cup?"

Last edited by Killion: 08-13-2016 at 12:53 PM. Reason: ... easy there...
hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2016, 04:02 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
So, when will the tickets for the october 4th game with CSKA go on sale? I don't have to seat in the CSKA section (would they sell me a tickets there if I show them a Russian passport?), but if I could would be cool.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2016, 10:01 AM
maxim84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
So, when will the tickets for the october 4th game with CSKA go on sale? I don't have to seat in the CSKA section (would they sell me a tickets there if I show them a Russian passport?), but if I could would be cool.
It would be a very good decision if you choose not to sit in CSKA section because all away supporters are in the crappy part, worst corner of the Dom Sportova (in terms of visibility). There are some security issues apparently and away supporters have security around them altough there was never any problems. Last year two Jokerit fans were on Sector B with big hats and noone said anything to them. When are you coming to Zagreb? I would recommend three options. First try to contact medvescak directly over email or facebook and ask for ICE sector - near rink seats that are very hard to come by in free ticket sales, there is very little available but maybe they will help you since you are an away team fan. Their price is 75kn wich is around 10 €. The tickets for the rest of the seats is 40kn or less than 6€. Second, go to the ticketshop.hr, they sell tickets for Medvescak and I think sales starts three weeks prior to the game. If you are in Zagreb for a few days and are interested you can maybe get a package"take3 or take4" for a discount price (30-33kn=4€ per game), there are four in a row and I'm sure they will be interesting (slovan,ska, cska,severstal). Third option is you go to Tisak Media Center and buy tickets, one is very close to the main square and every younger sales clerk speaks english so you won't have any problems with it, but you can only pay in cash. Btw you don't need passport to buy ticket.

Old
08-14-2016, 02:12 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
I am coming on the first and leaving on the 9th, will leave to Dubrovnik for 2-3 days in the middle and hoping to do all the touristy stuff - once in Zagreb, so I doubt I'd be able to see any other games.

Thanks for all the information, I will try to rich out to the club, if not, will try to buy the tickets online or in person.

By having a passport I meant to buy a ticket in the CSKA supporters section. But I would rather have a nicer seat, just like you have said

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2016, 04:43 PM
Vanjito

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I am coming on the first and leaving on the 9th, will leave to Dubrovnik for 2-3 days in the middle and hoping to do all the touristy stuff - once in Zagreb, so I doubt I'd be able to see any other games.

Thanks for all the information, I will try to rich out to the club, if not, will try to buy the tickets online or in person.

By having a passport I meant to buy a ticket in the CSKA supporters section. But I would rather have a nicer seat, just like you have said
I would love to have you as my guest on the CSKA game. I usually buy 3 tickets with 4 being max so I can include you when I'll be buying the tickets for myself. I can even give you a non tourist tour of the city on the weekend before the game. f you need more than one ticket, that can be arranged, just tell me in front so I can organize accordingly.

Vanjito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2016, 04:47 PM
maxim84

Aaahhh cska78...a Game of Thrones fan 😃
Check out dead sea on Lokrum island if you have time and don't drink coffee on the main street as it is up to 4 times more expensive