HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Still want Andy Murray gone?

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2005, 05:29 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840

The Kings have all of a sudden won 4 of 5, including erasing 2 goal deficits against 2 of the best teams in the league. Calgary has been THE hottest team in the league with a goalie that might be the best goalie over the past 4 weeks and the Kings beat them while having to play Dempsey at foward.

Amazing what happens with a little faith and some winning. Maybe the loss against the Caps make the Kings get their **** together

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
12-22-2005, 08:03 AM
TubbyTerrion*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Sorry to avoid the question, but when did Dempsey play forward????

And, how dare Ellie horn in on Jimmy and Hazel... and Craig and Mannie...!!!

(Actually, as to the question, when listening to out of town feeds, it's always interesting to hear people talk about how well coached the Kings are, and how AM is such an excellent coach. Last night, Charlie Simmer praised AM up and down. There appears to be a blanket statement from out of town analysts that the Kings are well coached period... I think some of these people should watch the team's PP efforts and then report back to us on the definition of well coached.)

That being said, I don't think there's any question as to AM's abilities as a coach in this league, but honestly, after 6+ years, he has yet to win anything (other than possibly the respect of some players, and the disrespect of others... which is no different than 29 other NHL coaches at any given time.) The Kings are hardly out of the woods yet, and it still remains to be seen that this team will sustain its current level of success. The past two games are impressive to be sure, but a hot goaltender can make any coaching staff look genius... Praise Garon!

All coaches get fired, that's a given. AM's time is probably sustained through at least the end of the season, but for God's sake, please AM... have faith in the kids, and let them do what they do best. Cammalleri, Brown, Gleason, etc... all have more creativity than they are often allowed to show on the ice. Let them do what they did last year in New Hampshire, and chances are you will see greater results. Also, can we please not see Norstrom and Miller at the point on the PP??? That's MY xmas wish!

Old
12-22-2005, 08:24 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
but for God's sake, please AM... have faith in the kids, and let them do what they do best. Cammalleri, Brown, Gleason, etc... all have more creativity than they are often allowed to show on the ice. Let them do what they did last year in New Hampshire, and chances are you will see greater results.
AM had this to say in today's LA Times:

"We have guys here and they had the opportunity to show they belonged in the NHL," said Coach Andy Murray, who won his 200th game with the Kings. "We had guys make that statement."

link: : http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

I imagine that perhaps Murray was referring to a couple of the kids in his comment. My Christmas wish is that Murray plays Cammalleri at center more often. Two of his last three goals have come while he was playing center...

Old
12-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Murray is a .590 coach (not counting the 2 years of injury hell) that before this year hasn't had a legit goaltender.

This year with a goaltender we are a .6111 team

Imagine if we had a little more scoring depth and 1 more d-man

Old
12-22-2005, 08:42 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Imagine if we had a little more scoring depth and 1 more d-man
I'm not so sure the Kings don't already have scoring depth...

I'd like to see Gleason get more time on the PP. He's the guy they should be "developing" as their PP QB of the future...
I'd like to see Cammalleri get more ice time AND at the center position...
I'd like to see Brown get a little more consistant...

Old
12-22-2005, 08:56 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
And, how dare Ellie horn in on Jimmy and Hazel...

Whoa, now hold on there. Hazel is a paranoid little (comment best left reserved)...Ellie was the only one who picked up on the fact that maybe Jimmy has other interests than basketball...especially since he can't walk? Geez Louise, everyone is hatin' on Ellie! Excuuuuuse Ellie for making some friends (espeically after the Saturday detention incident)

That said I'm not in favor of a relationship with her and Jimmy. Not at all.

But!....No sympathy for the girl with a dad in Afghanistan, a drunk mother, Marco dumped her because he is gay, Sean dumped her off with no warning to move back with his family that he hated, Craig (who I thought she would be better off with, but I haven't seen those episodes) let her go for the town loosie...not to mention she used to cut herself (which was a marvelous episode in terms of how it was written).

[/rant]

Ok...so...I was listening to the Calgary feed on the radio because that's what was on XM and they said Dempsey was playing foward because Conroy and Roenick were both out and they couldn't fill in the spots.

Andy Murray would be a cult hero if he had a complete team the past few years. And the Kings only recently got consistent goaltending from Garon, and have yet to see Valeri Bure on the ice this year. Not to mention Roenick being craptastic.

Norstrom and Miller are on the points on the PP because there isn't many options.

Old
12-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer

I'd like to see Gleason get more time on the PP. He's the guy they should be "developing" as their PP QB of the future...
I agree with you on Gleason and Cammy

Brown is young and the one thing you can't count on young players for is to not be consistant.

Roenick has been a bust and Luc is a penalty machine. Bure hasn't played a game. That is an entire scoring line down.

Old
12-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Tubby,

Look what AM had to work with. With every Palffy, Deader, Allison, Miller, Norstrom, you had McSuckpine, Ragamuffin, Heinze, Tuominen, Barry, Modry, Storr, Fisieve, Checko.

The kings have a lot more depth now and this season will be monitored closely by mgmt. They given him a competitive team. He's doing a great job, especially last night.

AM is doing his part, now it is time for mgmt to do their job and address this teams needs by the trade deadline. We'll see what happens. History is not on the kings side. But I have a feeling this year will be different. Atleast I hope.

D

Old
12-22-2005, 12:40 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer

Well said.

I think Brown is better suited with Avery and Belanger. They play a north-south (in your face) kind of game. Trick is...AM has to leave him there for the minimum of five weeks.......won't happen though! Brown is the raw diamond of the bunch, but he needs to slowly move into a second line role, and he's not there yet (still very young). Cammy is ready......but he continues to get ****** with. The goal he scored the other night was due to his face-off win to Giuliano and Miller quickly shooting on net. We lose tons of important face-offs and that's sorely overlooked by the coaching staff.
I couldn't agree more with Gleason on the PP. Put him with Lubo or Cammy and let him sort it out. At least by next year he'll have confidence on the puck. On a side note why did Cammy have anything to do with getting demoted off the point?

Old
12-22-2005, 12:50 PM
kingbrath

I think once Bure gets healthy he will really help this team. Once everyone gets healthy I do believe that this team does have enough depth. I would love to add another dman (much like the rest of you).

Old
12-22-2005, 12:56 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
On a side note why did Cammy have anything to do with getting demoted off the point?
I'm not sure that it was totally Cammalleri related. Last season, the Monarchs played a forward on the point during PP situations and ended-up leading the AHL in SH goals against. About 20 games or so into the season last year, after the Monarchs gave-up yet another SH goal, Boudreau was asked about the trend. He replied with something like I'll assure you of one thing, you'll be seeing 2 defensemen on the point during the PP from now on. That happened for a couple of games then they went back to using a forward on the point for the rest of the season. It was rumored that Boudreau was being directed to use certain forwards on the point by the folks in LA....

We saw the Kings go with it for a while this season and as was the case in Manchester, they we're giving-up SH goals. My guess is that after not being able to make it work well in Manchester last season and in LA at the beginning of this season, they've scrapped the idea for now...

Gleason was used sparingly on the PP in Manchester last season and was pretty good on it. Unfortunately, the Kings missed a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to allow Gleason to spend an entire season developing on the PP in the AHL...

Old
12-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
I think once Bure gets healthy he will really help this team. Once everyone gets healthy I do believe that this team does have enough depth. I would love to add another dman (much like the rest of you).
I have/had a back problem similiar to Bure's. I would be shocked if he played this year

Old
12-22-2005, 01:39 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
I have/had a back problem similiar to Bure's. I would be shocked if he played this year
Too bad.....I wonder if the Kings make Nolan an offer? Then again I would probably want someone younger. Just imagine if DT make a move to get us a D-man and some more depth on forward and then Bure comes back at playoff time. That would make the playoffs much more comfortable!

Old
12-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

I just want Van Boxmeer gone.

Old
12-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
Too bad.....I wonder if the Kings make Nolan an offer? Then again I would probably want someone younger. Just imagine if DT make a move to get us a D-man and some more depth on forward and then Bure comes back at playoff time. That would make the playoffs much more comfortable!
Nolan reportedly isn't the easiest guy to get along with.

He is the type of player we need though.

Old
12-22-2005, 02:26 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Nolan reportedly isn't the easiest guy to get along with.

He is the type of player we need though.

and that offer can't/won't/shouldn't/shan't/don't be for anything over a million dollars.

Old
12-22-2005, 02:40 PM
guzmania

Nolan: I would take a flyer on the guy. A little more Irish could only help the team.

Old
12-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Did you have surgery, though?

Old
12-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Yes, please! 4 wins in a row is nothing against 5 seasons of average hockey. For every terrific win over a "hot" team like Calgary, there's a real stinker like against Washington. It evens out. Murray now has 200 wins, but a stat that isn't mentioned with that is his 188 losses. That's 5 seasons of .544 hockey, fairly close to .500. Maybe some people are happy with that and want to see it continue, but I've long been tired of it and know that the team can do better.

Last edited by Osprey: 12-22-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old
12-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
I always thoight Andy Murray was a good coach. I picked the Kings to finish out of the playoffs this year and it was a fair prediciton because that roster talent is not up to par with others in West. But here the Kings are, 45 points and a top team point wise in the West.

Old
12-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Yes, please! 4 wins in a row is nothing against 5 seasons of average hockey. For every terrific win over a "hot" team like Calgary, there's a real stinker like against Washington. It evens out. Murray now has 200 wins, but a stat that isn't mentioned with that is his 188 losses. That's 5 seasons of .515 hockey, very very close to .500. Maybe some people are happy with that and want to see it continue, but I've long been tired of it and know that the team can do better.
The injuries were not his fault

If you take away the 2 injured years, he is a .590 coach. (Without ever having a true #1 goalie)

This year, the Kings are a .611 team

Old
12-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania
Nolan: I would take a flyer on the guy. A little more Irish could only help the team.
Indeed! But I think a player of the same mold in Gary Roberts would come easier.

Old
12-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Did you have surgery, though?
Yes

Old
12-22-2005, 05:32 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
The injuries were not his fault

If you take away the 2 injured years, he is a .590 coach. (Without ever having a true #1 goalie)

This year, the Kings are a .611 team
i know you like numbers, john... here's a good comparison (at least i think), and something i think you can jive with.

2001- .531%
2002- .568%
2003- .525%
2004- .574%
2005- .438%

an overall winning record (over five seasons) despite having either, several key players injured or no real "go to guy."

now, JIM TRACY... good? yes. great? no! definitely? let go!!!

Old
12-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?
I just want Van Boxmeer gone.
Amen to that!

Closed Thread