HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Slovan Bratislava 2016/2017

Old
08-30-2016, 12:57 PM
penepi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
With Cheechoo playing the way he is lately Smolenak is de facto your best goalscorer. I think you are putting too much value into Riha's words, where would Slovan get the money for players like Vesce? Not to mention that again, Vesce is a center and is completely different player. When you are trying to replace someone you are looking for something similar I think, not something completely different.

I think out of players mentioned Kopecky, Polak and Rachunek are the only real candidates, Kopecky being the likeliest one. Kopecky also somewhat fits that "excellent, top quality" mold with experience, Stanley cup, veteral leadership and other intangibles coaches like and overvalue.
De facto, after three KHL games? This is some way of making fun?

Also your "logical" conlcusions. I can agree that Tlustý or Fleischmann are unreal, in addition we need to take into account that had not been Smoleňák injured, we probably would not even be looking for a replacement now, but stating that Vesce is just utterly unrealistic and there are only three options left is a bold claim. Unless you are a club official and know the exact financial situations etc. then you should avoid such statements.

penepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2016, 01:19 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by penepi View Post
De facto, after three KHL games? This is some way of making fun?

Also your "logical" conlcusions. I can agree that Tlustý or Fleischmann are unreal, in addition we need to take into account that had not been Smoleňák injured, we probably would not even be looking for a replacement now, but stating that Vesce is just utterly unrealistic and there are only three options left is a bold claim. Unless you are a club official and know the exact financial situations etc. then you should avoid such statements.
They have played hockey before those 3 KHL games you talk about, you know. Smolenak was brought in to replace Kaspar - your best goalscorer last year, obviously. They have both scored 16 goals last year so that's a pretty good fit if you ask me. Cheechoo, who also scored 16 goals last year, is 36 and has to be slowing down. Those to me are pretty sensible arguments, what's the "fun" part here? Or are we supposed to act like everything what happened before doesn't matter when the new season starts?

Also, I didn't say Vesce is "utterly unrealistic" hence I didn't scratch him off the list along with Tlusty, Fleischman, Seto and Lasch. Signing player of his caliber in this situation is extremely unlikely though, I really don't see how it's more of a bold statement than saying that Slovan can sign him.

Furthermore, I didn't say there are only three options, I said out of players mentioned there are just 3 likely/possible options which, again, I don't see how it isn't true all things considered.

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2016, 02:50 PM
Milos Krasic
Ballin' in Poland

What about David Moss?

Right at a PPG in NLA. Lots of NHL experience.

Milos Krasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2016, 03:41 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangard Barys View Post
What about David Moss?

Right at a PPG in NLA. Lots of NHL experience.
That's an interesting one. They also played with Chipchura for 3 years so once again there is this familiarity factor. But again, 1) if he is affordable why nobody has signed him yet; 2) for players who still have hopes to play in the NHL this is the worst time to sign anything. I think people like Moss or David Booth fall into that category somewhat.

Old
08-30-2016, 05:34 PM
penepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
They have played hockey before those 3 KHL games you talk about, you know. Smolenak was brought in to replace Kaspar - your best goalscorer last year, obviously. They have both scored 16 goals last year so that's a pretty good fit if you ask me. Cheechoo, who also scored 16 goals last year, is 36 and has to be slowing down. Those to me are pretty sensible arguments, what's the "fun" part here? Or are we supposed to act like everything what happened before doesn't matter when the new season starts?

Also, I didn't say Vesce is "utterly unrealistic" hence I didn't scratch him off the list along with Tlusty, Fleischman, Seto and Lasch. Signing player of his caliber in this situation is extremely unlikely though, I really don't see how it's more of a bold statement than saying that Slovan can sign him.

Furthermore, I didn't say there are only three options, I said out of players mentioned there are just 3 likely/possible options which, again, I don't see how it isn't true all things considered.
Then your suggestion does not really make sense, because Kopecký - as the likeliest alternative - is not a goalscorer at all.

Old
08-30-2016, 07:23 PM
SoundAndFury

Price and nationality make him the likeliest option. Kopecky is cheap. Nobody who can score loads of goals would be.

Old
08-31-2016, 03:43 PM
penepi

It's only been 4 games so far, but I must say I am really happy with this gameplay. My word, this is even better than last season performances in late December and further when financial situation was finally sorted out. But I also do not want to overreact; being happy with Slovan's gameplay does not mean anything tremendous in terms of league's best team standards...

However, I am really sad about Cheechoo. Maybe he is going to show up later in the season, but so far it has been really weak, one of the worst forwards on the team. On the other hand, there are several positive suprises like agile youngsters Zigo and Skalický. Keep going, guys, three points against Spartak on Sunday are needed.

Old
09-02-2016, 01:56 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by penepi View Post
It's only been 4 games so far, but I must say I am really happy with this gameplay. My word, this is even better than last season performances in late December and further when financial situation was finally sorted out. But I also do not want to overreact; being happy with Slovan's gameplay does not mean anything tremendous in terms of league's best team standards...

However, I am really sad about Cheechoo. Maybe he is going to show up later in the season, but so far it has been really weak, one of the worst forwards on the team. On the other hand, there are several positive suprises like agile youngsters Zigo and Skalický. Keep going, guys, three points against Spartak on Sunday are needed.
Cheechoo lives from his name. He is already 36. Dont know how much he will earn, but it will be not for free. They could offer a chance to some Slovak guy. But from marketing point of view, it was good move.
After 4 games, he has 1 + 1. So, statistics are not so bad. Lets give him 10 games and then we will see.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2016, 03:27 AM
Dueling Banjos

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Cheechoo lives from his name. He is already 36. Dont know how much he will earn, but it will be not for free. They could offer a chance to some Slovak guy. But from marketing point of view, it was good move.
After 4 games, he has 1 + 1. So, statistics are not so bad. Lets give him 10 games and then we will see.
He ll meet expectations if he climbs up to around 0.66 ppg, which is still fairly reasonable to expect from him.

Dueling Banjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2016, 07:31 AM
jaco

Quote:
But from marketing point of view, it was good move.
You got it. And probably he will turn out to be a fan favorite anyway.

jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2016, 01:59 PM
NasHokej97

vCash: 788
Looks like my tip was right. Slovan was in fact in talks with Jiří Tlustý. Not surprisingly though, it looks like it wont work out. The good news however, is the fact that the management is truly looking for a adequate replacement, even if its only for the time being. I wonder if Erik Christensen would be a good shout. He had a average season in the SHL, played in Lev Praha. He might be on Slovans potential list. With the unknown "situation" Viedenský is in, a center might not be out of the question.

Heres the statment from the official Slovan Facebook page:

Zdravím vás príde ešte nejaký útočník ?
HC SLOVAN Bratislava "Pracuje sa na tom. Prvou voľbou bol Jiří Tlustý, ale žiaľ nevyšlo to."

Last edited by NasHokej97: 09-03-2016 at 02:08 PM.
NasHokej97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2016, 02:18 PM
SoundAndFury

Christensen is flat out bad.

Also having talks with Tlusty is fine but hope to sign a player who belongs in the NHL at this time of the year was naive.

Old
09-12-2016, 12:24 PM
penepi

...I guess we can officially start to regret not signing Sabolic.

Old
09-12-2016, 02:49 PM
NasHokej97

vCash: 788
Were we somehow "extra" close to signing him ? If not, its kind of ridiculous regreting to sign him. Besides, its like 7 games into the season...

I just might be contradicting myself with the previous statement, but so far Daloga has not impressed me. The offensive drive which he showed us from his opening game is long gone. I know quite a bit of it is because of Riha but still. From the last 3 games Slovan played Daloga created or was part of 2/3 attacking plays. That is quite low for a more offensively minded defenseman. Mind you he has looked quite shaky in defense these last few games. Takes quite a few penalties as well...

I think he could improve. So far i was expecting a little better.

Last edited by NasHokej97: 09-12-2016 at 02:55 PM.
NasHokej97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2016, 03:12 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasHokej97 View Post
I just might be contradicting myself with the previous statement, but so far Daloga has not impressed me. The offensive drive which he showed us from his opening game is long gone.
Its not gone. Riha sadi, he doesn't want that D is playing like forward. And as you saw in his first game, Daloga made a lot of this moves. It was fun to watch, but head coach was strictly against it.

Old
09-13-2016, 05:28 AM
Jakub1904

Quote:
Its not gone. Riha sadi, he doesn't want that D is playing like forward. And as you saw in his first game, Daloga made a lot of this moves. It was fun to watch, but head coach was strictly against it.
That leads me to the question why did we even sign him, then?

Jakub1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2016, 09:43 AM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub1904 View Post
That leads me to the question why did we even sign him, then?
Hehe, exactly. As far as I know, it's his game, and he isn't some 18 year old to change his hockey.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2016, 06:07 PM
penepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasHokej97 View Post
Were we somehow "extra" close to signing him ? If not, its kind of ridiculous regreting to sign him. Besides, its like 7 games into the season...

I just might be contradicting myself with the previous statement, but so far Daloga has not impressed me. The offensive drive which he showed us from his opening game is long gone. I know quite a bit of it is because of Riha but still. From the last 3 games Slovan played Daloga created or was part of 2/3 attacking plays. That is quite low for a more offensively minded defenseman. Mind you he has looked quite shaky in defense these last few games. Takes quite a few penalties as well...

I think he could improve. So far i was expecting a little better.
I would not say it is ridiculous that much, since we are not at the management level and there were some "serious" speculations and, in addition, the thing is he was an affordable player to sign; at least in comparison to others.

The Daloga thing -- I still like him very much and in overall, he has surprised me, I must say. After Meszároš (he especially had a really slow start) he has been our best defenceman so far. And then is the Říha's factor as you, guys, have said. Quite a sad thing, but hopefully the coach knows what he is up to.

Yet, there is an important game on Saturday, the so-called 6-points game against Medveščak. Perhaps another home last-minute-goal win against them?
Btw. I really enjoy these games. They usually offer something pretty much outstanding at least in terms of fans perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgTqXinVrPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEGk5Ap7NbU

Old
09-14-2016, 03:23 AM
Arnusson

vCash: 300
The problem I have with Medveščak Slovan rivalry is that I like Slovan team, and in my opionion the best rivalry is when you hate the opponents team with passion

Arnusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2016, 09:39 AM
hansomreiste

Daloga with his first ever goal for Slovan to make it 1-1 in Ufa.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2016, 04:07 PM
BlueBratislava

Goalie situation

So it can be assumed now that coach Říha (in english pronounce rzh-eee-ha) is angry at Barry Brust for being kicked out of that game at home against Zagreb a week ago, because Pogge is in the net the whole trip. I must say, why did the leadership of Slovan so arrogantly get rid of Garnett? He openly said he wanted to stay for less money. What do they do? Send him a contract, make him sign it, he sends them back a signed copy and they get Pogge instead and do not sign Garnett. Either Pogge has an unbelievable agent, or he wanted even less money that Garnett's lower demanded salary.
Pogge is shaky, at best. With this policy of having 2 foreign goalies and 1 being average...why did they not give a chance to someone from Slovakia?
They made Godla go to Finland, he could have staid. If you want 2 foreign goalies, at least make sure #2 is ready to play like your #1
IMO Garnett > Pogge.

BlueBratislava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2016, 03:01 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBratislava View Post
So it can be assumed now that coach Říha (in english pronounce rzh-eee-ha) is angry at Barry Brust for being kicked out of that game at home against Zagreb a week ago, because Pogge is in the net the whole trip. I must say, why did the leadership of Slovan so arrogantly get rid of Garnett? He openly said he wanted to stay for less money. What do they do? Send him a contract, make him sign it, he sends them back a signed copy and they get Pogge instead and do not sign Garnett. Either Pogge has an unbelievable agent, or he wanted even less money that Garnett's lower demanded salary.
Pogge is shaky, at best. With this policy of having 2 foreign goalies and 1 being average...why did they not give a chance to someone from Slovakia?
They made Godla go to Finland, he could have staid. If you want 2 foreign goalies, at least make sure #2 is ready to play like your #1
IMO Garnett > Pogge.
And your prayers were heard.

Old
10-04-2016, 01:49 PM
penepi

This team is either not capable of playing (KHL-level) ice-hockey, or players do not get their money.

Old
10-05-2016, 02:19 AM
alko

I would say option B is more realistic. Riha said, he was surprised, how badly they ignored this game. It should be a finger point to owners - Pay us.

Old
10-17-2016, 03:12 PM
Wien

How long is this train wreck going to go on?

Wien is offline   Reply With Quote