HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For Your Info

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2003, 10:57 AM
  #1
tytech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
For Your Info

Detroit is now the highest paid team
2nd is New York Rangers
3rd -Don't remember or give a hoot but what bugs me is that we are;
4th -Philadelphia Flyers

I don't have a link but this was shown on TSN or NHL Network and I remembered the ones that counted

Haven't we stunk in the playoffs? Last year included!
Same damn thing will happen this year. Clarke keeps putting unfound faith in unporven goalies and getting nowhere.

Soderstrom
Rousell
Checkman
Hextall
Hackett
etc etc etc

tytech is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 11:11 AM
  #2
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
Detroit is now the highest paid team
2nd is New York Rangers
3rd -Don't remember or give a hoot but what bugs me is that we are;
4th -Philadelphia Flyers

What would you rather we be 20th, and not care about winning ??? You can argue that the team doesn't always make the right moves, but you can never argue that the ownership isn't trying to do what they can to make this team a winner.

Prefer to be the Phillies of the kast 20 years that don't try, or the Eagles with a contender leaving $7 million under the cap ???

The top 10 payroll

1. Detroit -- $77.8M
2. NY Rangers -- $77.0M
3. Dallas -- $67.6M
4. Philadelphia -- $65.1M
5. Toronto -- $61.8M
6. St. Louis -- $61.2M
7. Colorado -- $60.9M
8. Anaheim -- $54.4M
9. Washington -- $51.1M
10.New Jersey -- $48.1M

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 12:18 PM
  #3
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
1. Detroit -- $77.8M
2. NY Rangers -- $77.0M
At least the Wings have more success with that spent money than the Rangers.

golfmade is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 12:51 PM
  #4
FlyersFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

The top 10 payroll

1. Detroit -- $77.8M
2. NY Rangers -- $77.0M
3. Dallas -- $67.6M
4. Philadelphia -- $65.1M
5. Toronto -- $61.8M
6. St. Louis -- $61.2M
7. Colorado -- $60.9M
8. Anaheim -- $54.4M
9. Washington -- $51.1M
10.New Jersey -- $48.1M
kudos to the Sens.

FlyersFan is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 03:30 PM
  #5
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan
kudos to the Sens.
For what?

blah is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 03:38 PM
  #6
FlyersGuy69
Registered User
 
FlyersGuy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
Haven't we stunk in the playoffs? Last year included!
Same damn thing will happen this year. Clarke keeps putting unfound faith in unporven goalies and getting nowhere.

Soderstrom
Rousell
Checkman
Hextall
Hackett
etc etc etc
yeah, you've figured it out, Clarke (Mr. Flyers, of all people) really doesn't want to win a Cup.

FlyersGuy69 is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 04:26 PM
  #7
Rex8
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
For what?
For putting out a quality team with a loaded farm system that is fiscally sound. Will be competitive for years...

 
Old
10-24-2003, 04:32 PM
  #8
FlyersGuy69
Registered User
 
FlyersGuy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex8
For putting out a quality team with a loaded farm system that is fiscally sound. Will be competitive for years...
yeah but don't worry, they will have to pay the piper at some point. everybody does.

FlyersGuy69 is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 04:36 PM
  #9
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
yeah but don't worry, they will have to pay the piper at some point. everybody does.
those players will want a hefty pay raise one day, and the Sens probably can't afford them all

RoDu is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 04:41 PM
  #10
FlyersGuy69
Registered User
 
FlyersGuy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
those players will want a hefty pay raise one day, and the Sens probably can't afford them all
exactly! they have been notoriously tight with salaries. one day they will pay, or lose them.

FlyersGuy69 is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 05:13 PM
  #11
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex8
For putting out a quality team with a loaded farm system that is fiscally sound. Will be competitive for years...
Umm didn't they have a little trouble paying their players last season?

blah is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 05:19 PM
  #12
swflyers8*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upper Darby, PA
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Umm didn't they have a little trouble paying their players last season?
Did you see that bothering any of the players of the Sens? No. They were focused on winning and nothing else. Be great if everyone did that and didn't worry about the money. The NHL might be in better shape if guys thought about the game and not the money (Gaborik, Dupuis, Satan).

swflyers8* is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 05:25 PM
  #13
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex8
For putting out a quality team with a loaded farm system that is fiscally sound. Will be competitive for years...

and how did they get that way ???

They were the worst team in the NHL for nearly a decade.

Did you enjoy the early 90's and 5 straight years of no playoffs ???

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.