HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Since there was a Renney 'criticism' thread...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2005, 09:45 AM
  #26
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,426
vCash: 500
Atlanta...

I do give credit where credit is due, but do not see anything extraordinary about Rucinsky's 'point' work on the PP. The first PP had a lot to do with Jagr using Poti more, and moving the puck more, not just looking for the great pass. But in the end, some space was created because Jagr moved from the right side to the left side just before the goal was scored. I can't chalk that up to great point playing by Rucinsky. The second goal was on the rush - Tampa left Straka wide open in the middle of the ice in the offensive zone. Again, I don't think this was any extraordinary play. On the third goal, the puck was kicked out off the scrum, and Poti jumped on it. Again, just like the PP has scored goals in the past with Straka on the point, it scored goals here. I can't attribute any to these goals to Rucinsky's great play as a point man on the PP. I will say I like the move, but the question is is this team better with Straka there and Rucinsky as a forward, or vice versa, since Rucinsky's just a better player than Straka and the question is where's the most value.

Fletch is online now  
Old
12-24-2005, 10:25 AM
  #27
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
How come the leader of the Renney criticism isn't giving credit where credit is due?
That is what I dislike about some posters. They are so bias.
Are you for real? I ***-u-me that you are talking about me here? I am now the leader of "Renney criticism"? I have not been around for a few days now. That suddenly means that I do not give credit where credit is due? You have the attention span of a guppie. I've given Renney plenty of credit for things. Sorry if I remain not completely sold on him. I know, I am not a real fan and am biased. Just becuase I create a thread that outlines some things that Renny has had to be rightfully criticized on, does not mean that I do not notice the things that he does. But then, had you not had the attention span of a fish, you would have noted that.
That is what I dislike about some posters. The complete and total tunnel vision that blocks out anything but what they want to read/hear.

True Blue is offline  
Old
12-24-2005, 10:26 AM
  #28
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
The biased poster as some people call them can't complain about accountability on this team anymore.
If by that you mean my statements that more than just Neimo and Poti need to be benched, then sure. However, you would also have to agree that there is no 100% accountability. If there was, Hossa and Rozsival would not be in the lineup for the last month, and Drats and Hollweg would never have been scratched to begin with.

True Blue is offline  
Old
12-24-2005, 11:40 AM
  #29
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,426
vCash: 500
Agree TB...

And while we're not calling for everyone to be benched, this team has 7 competent defensemen. All 7 deserve at times to be in the lineup as much as
the next guy. Each are mostly interchangeable since none of them is outstanding on his own. This team doesn't get hurt with Rozsival out of the lineup and 'Drats and Strudwick in. It's odd that 'Drats, Strudwick and Poti are the guys who have been left out (Strudwick moreso as a seventh guy as opposed to his play). That really doesn't make a lot of sense and Nylander's benching doesn't change that, unfortunately. It's a breath of fresh air, yes, and hopefully it gets him going (although at the same time, I'd love to see a kid get a shot there), but we can't get everything unfortunately.

Fletch is online now  
Old
12-24-2005, 06:28 PM
  #30
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
If by that you mean my statements that more than just Neimo and Poti need to be benched, then sure. However, you would also have to agree that there is no 100% accountability. If there was, Hossa and Rozsival would not be in the lineup for the last month, and Drats and Hollweg would never have been scratched to begin with.
This is nitpicking. Nylandar deserved to be scratched but Rozsival and Hossa (who don't get me wrong both suck) are way different siutations. Just because Renney isn't doing exactly what you and i want him to do doesn't make him wrong and doesn't make us right. Hossa has been scratched in favor of both neimo and Hollweg at times this year. If you want 100% accountabilty you got it.

TB if this is your argument its pretty flimsy.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
12-25-2005, 07:55 AM
  #31
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,426
vCash: 500
Rozsival is in a different situation...

and should be much easier to bench since there are six other defensemen who have played this season and deserve to play over Rozsival. So it should be much easier to bench him. One really needs to question why Renney has chosen to bench Poti, Strudwick and Kondratiev, and not Rozsival. Unlike Poti, I guess this is the best we'll get out of Rozsival.

Fletch is online now  
Old
12-25-2005, 08:21 AM
  #32
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
My point was that since both Straka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I do give credit where credit is due, but do not see anything extraordinary about Rucinsky's 'point' work on the PP. The first PP had a lot to do with Jagr using Poti more, and moving the puck more, not just looking for the great pass. But in the end, some space was created because Jagr moved from the right side to the left side just before the goal was scored. I can't chalk that up to great point playing by Rucinsky. The second goal was on the rush - Tampa left Straka wide open in the middle of the ice in the offensive zone. Again, I don't think this was any extraordinary play. On the third goal, the puck was kicked out off the scrum, and Poti jumped on it. Again, just like the PP has scored goals in the past with Straka on the point, it scored goals here. I can't attribute any to these goals to Rucinsky's great play as a point man on the PP. I will say I like the move, but the question is is this team better with Straka there and Rucinsky as a forward, or vice versa, since Rucinsky's just a better player than Straka and the question is where's the most value.
and insert any defenseman as the pther PP pointman you had basically two guys trying to be playmakers. We all know that one of them has to be a shooter and an accurate shooter at that. Poti has shown some decent judgement in not just shooting away, but rather to play the puck deep when the shooting lane is blocked. However IMO he is not accurate enough with his shots when he has the opportunity to shoot on goal. Straka for some reason has decided to defer all scoring to Jagr this year. In doing so the PP has become overly predictable.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Old
12-25-2005, 08:32 AM
  #33
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
I'm happy to see you agree about the tunnel vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Are you for real? I ***-u-me that you are talking about me here? I am now the leader of "Renney criticism"? I have not been around for a few days now. That suddenly means that I do not give credit where credit is due? You have the attention span of a guppie. I've given Renney plenty of credit for things. Sorry if I remain not completely sold on him. I know, I am not a real fan and am biased. Just becuase I create a thread that outlines some things that Renny has had to be rightfully criticized on, does not mean that I do not notice the things that he does. But then, had you not had the attention span of a fish, you would have noted that.
That is what I dislike about some posters. The complete and total tunnel vision that blocks out anything but what they want to read/hear.
You you've mentioned was absent in your post about him when you criticize him. Had it been included I would not have jumped ugly. I agree there is nothing wrong with criticism I've said it in your post and in this post. However, at the 1st little bump in the road you were a tad too quick to jump to conclusions. You begrudgingly give credit solely to defend yourself IMO. You are certainly entitled to yours as I am with mine.
Am I a defender of Tom Renney? You bet. We haven't had a coach like him in a long, long time. I go back to Red Sullivan and from there forward, save for the CAT, I think Renney brings a lot of what is needed to deal effectively with today's athlete. He not only says the right things, he thinks them and is not afraid to do what s necessary. He is the most responsible of anyone in the organization for the success on the ice. He also gets a lot of credit for is going on within the organization. He's been here from the beginning of straightening out the mess we were left with. For that Sather gets credit for bring in someone like him even though some could not see it. I call it selective vision, much like selective hearing its an afflication that some have acquired.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.