HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

GuyF on Stauffer's show at 6:10 tonight (Thursday)

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
GuyF on Stauffer's show at 6:10 tonight (Thursday)

Just got a call from GuyF, he'll be on the Stauffer show on Team 1260 at 10 afer 6 tonight. Guy didn't say what it was about, and I'll be out so if someone can post hi-lights it would be appreciated.

Old
10-16-2003, 04:15 PM
Mr Sakich

did anyone hear the interview?

I have really enjoyed Guy's contributions here. Guy, when are you going to be on John Short's show so I can listen live?

Old
10-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
did anyone hear the interview?

I have really enjoyed Guy's contributions here. Guy, when are you going to be on John Short's show so I can listen live?
Interesting as always, Guy. Way to plug my boy Alexei again - Lowetide and Joukov must be getting jealous. :p

Old
10-16-2003, 07:51 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Very good interview, IMO the best one he's had! Talked a bit about Conklin about his strengths and weaknesses. Talked about Niinimakis injury, Brodziak being a sleeper, umm..... that was the main stuff I believe..... our boards got some good publication as whats his name (can't think of it, lol) mentioned how great of a board it was with out trolls and stuff like that.

Old
10-16-2003, 07:57 PM
IceDragoon

Also discussed the merits of the Weight trade.

Good job Guy.

Old
10-16-2003, 07:58 PM
copperaddict

I think he is suppose to be on every Thursday (or every second) for about 10-15 minutes. Nothing really new but the hosts were putting in the plugs pretty good for this site though. Saying if anyone was interested to find out about any Oiler prospect this is a great site for it. Also one of the guys talked about how mature(not exact word but round about) not trashing other teams and saying site is well managed keeping the trolls out as much as possible.
And that Jessie is done for the year.
All in all a really good plug for the best hockey site
Not much for negatives, but maybe a little too much name dropping.But that's just a pet pieve of mine in every day life.

Great job Guy as always!
I'll be looking forward to the next one, just like your articles.

Old
10-16-2003, 08:20 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Thanks for those who listened and liked it.

By name dropping I assume you are referring to the references to Kevin Prendergast and Chris McCarthy? Only mentioned those names as back up for what I was saying about Mikhnov, Greene and such. I wasn't trying to brag or anything like that if that's what you were suggesting.

Also had a chat with Brad Winchester tonight. Good conversation. Not set line mates or anything there yet but he was thriled to have scored against Milwaukee with lots of family in attendance. (He's from Wisconsin).

Old
10-16-2003, 08:57 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Thanks for those who listened and liked it.

By name dropping I assume you are referring to the references to Kevin Prendergast and Chris McCarthy? Only mentioned those names as back up for what I was saying about Mikhnov, Greene and such. I wasn't trying to brag or anything like that if that's what you were suggesting.

Also had a chat with Brad Winchester tonight. Good conversation. Not set line mates or anything there yet but he was thriled to have scored against Milwaukee with lots of family in attendance. (He's from Wisconsin).
I think it's smart of you to drop names as a newer face in the media - helps you sound more credible, which all of us already know, but some casual listener to 1260 such as myself maybe sitting there saying "who is this guy(sorry about the pun, lol), and how would he know?"
Again great interview

Old
10-17-2003, 05:34 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
id like to say you did a great interview Guy but sadly cant get the broadcast here in the UK, can you request TEAM to make mp3 recordings of the interviews?

Old
10-17-2003, 10:32 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Hey some HF reader/messageboard member was on about 15 minutes before I was... who was that?

Good job of setting the tone by mentioning Mikhnov and Pouliot... thanks.

Closed Thread