HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

leclair sucks

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2005, 07:30 PM
porrylogspop

vCash: 500
leclair sucks

i really do not care what he brings to the locker room, he brings nothing, i mean nothing to the team on the ice, he can not skate. i repeat he can not skate. in the new nhl you need to skate.he cannot skate. he has no shot, has no skill. and he cannot skate. he sucks. get rid of this over paid over the hill bum. he should have never been signed. he sucks. he sucks, and well he sucks. anyone agree

Old
12-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Refuse
Mr. Hockey

you repeat yourself, repeat yourself and repeat yourself.

Old
12-23-2005, 07:41 PM
porrylogspop

i know i repeat my self, leclair sucks

Old
12-23-2005, 07:44 PM
SlapnutsV1

My question is this: Why doesn't Pittsburgh stick LeClair right in front of the other team's net, just like Philly used to? His skills have not diminished to the point where this wouldn't work, and his age isn't an excuse either.

Old
12-23-2005, 07:50 PM
porrylogspop

leclair stopped going in front of the net for philly his last 2 years there. his back wont take the abuse anymore.

Old
12-23-2005, 07:52 PM
SlapnutsV1

Defenders can not crosscheck a forward in the back anymore.. it's interference in the new NHL. LeClair would be fine.

Old
12-23-2005, 08:03 PM
porrylogspop

yes, but lecalir is too much of a chicken to go in front of the net anymore

Old
12-23-2005, 08:25 PM
grapepul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by porrylogspop
i really do not care what he brings to the locker room, he brings nothing, i mean nothing to the team on the ice, he can not skate. i repeat he can not skate. in the new nhl you need to skate.he cannot skate. he has no shot, has no skill. and he cannot skate. he sucks. get rid of this over paid over the hill bum. he should have never been signed. he sucks. he sucks, and well he sucks. anyone agree
I do & also he can't skate

Old
12-23-2005, 09:29 PM
grapepul*

Quote:
i know i repeat my self, leclair sucks
But when you tell the truth about you can say it over & over yada yada yada

Old
12-23-2005, 10:03 PM
PJT

Send a message via AIM to PJT
He only played 9 or so minutes tonight, and he's coming off a bad groin injury. Lay off, he's not the biggest problem we have here.

Old
12-23-2005, 10:05 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJT510
He only played 9 or so minutes tonight, and he's coming off a bad groin injury. Lay off, he's not the biggest problem we have here.
Agreed.

But he is definitely not part of the solution. But yeah, not near the biggest problem.

Old
12-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Jag68Sid87

Not the biggest problem, I agree...sad but true. Not even the biggest problem contract (Gonchar, followed by Thibault).

That said, when Mario returns (to LW), he joins Malone, Surovy, LeClair, Roy on the left side. Murley's already playing the off-wing to accomodate all the left wings. Someone's gotta go.

Old
12-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Jacob

He's definitely not all that effective 5-on-5 unless he's behind the goal line.

His play in the defensive end and in the neutral zone is rather ugly.

Old
12-23-2005, 11:44 PM
PJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
He's definitely not all that effective 5-on-5 unless he's behind the goal line.

His play in the defensive end and in the neutral zone is rather ugly.

I do agree. I get nervous when he's the one carrying the puck through the neutral zone. But I feel good having him in front of the offensive goal, which I haven't seen much lately. Although, like I said, he's a victim of bad injury lately, and probably doesn't want banged up too badly, unfortunately. The penguins have a curse of having too many "position specific" players, where they're great in one place, and are terrible everywhere else. This isn't the recipe for success.

Old
12-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Roy_Hobbs

Quote:

yep.
he stinks...

oh and what he brings to the locker room isn't a positive - it further detracts from the lousy player he is.

Old
12-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Roy_Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJT510

you are right, he isn't the biggest problem, but he is in the top five though.

Old
12-24-2005, 04:40 PM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_Hobbs
you are right, he isn't the biggest problem, but he is in the top five though.
if you get rid of the top two or three problems, you would be supprized how far it would go to fix the rest.

Old
12-24-2005, 04:51 PM
boredmale

how much did he sign for and how many years?

Old
12-24-2005, 06:45 PM
formsoldier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale
how much did he sign for and how many years?
I think, although I'm not sure..... $ 2.1 mill, 2 years.

Old
12-24-2005, 09:45 PM
jb**

it is amazing how jacked you Pens fans were when they signed Leclaire. You saw his plus/minus rating n the Flyers, Seen the points he put up but didn;t want to listen to us when we said he is a liability on the ice and is a shell of himself from 4 years ago. As far as him being a leader that was also way overated.As a big fan of his it is painful watching him play. enjoy him for of the next year and a half. Recchi has also seemed to lost a step or too wouldn't you say. On a good note, I would really like to to see Sidney get clobbered( just jealousy I admit), he is without a doubt the real deal and a hell of a hockey player. Hope they do the right thing and surround him with the right players. Just don't want you guys to win the cup thoug.h Have a Merry xmas, Channuaka, and Qwanza and hope Nevada covers against CFU.

Old
12-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO
it is amazing how jacked you Pens fans were when they signed Leclaire. You saw his plus/minus rating n the Flyers, Seen the points he put up but didn;t want to listen to us when we said he is a liability on the ice and is a shell of himself from 4 years ago. As far as him being a leader that was also way overated.As a big fan of his it is painful watching him play. enjoy him for of the next year and a half. Recchi has also seemed to lost a step or too wouldn't you say. On a good note, I would really like to to see Sidney get clobbered( just jealousy I admit), he is without a doubt the real deal and a hell of a hockey player. Hope they do the right thing and surround him with the right players. Just don't want you guys to win the cup thoug.h Have a Merry xmas, Channuaka, and Qwanza and hope Nevada covers against CFU.

No man, Alot of us hated the signing then too. I remember most of he board agreed that they didnt like the signing and hoped it wasnt very high doallar figure. Almost all of us would have rather had someone else.

Old
12-25-2005, 02:22 AM
PJT

I'm depressed that a lot of the great Veterans from when I was growing up watching hockey are now just shells of their former selves. I grew up watching hockey as a kid in the early and mid 90s. Two players I used to fear as a Penguin fan (one I used to root for) Recchi and LeClair, are no longer a guaranteed good lineup. I know it's just apart of nature, everyone falls eventually, but it's hard to see. Especially since a lot of these guys ended up on the Penguins, the Penguins are like a retirement home for old-guy hockey players now.

This season has been heart-breaking, all around. I don't know if Craig Patrick has just lost his magic touch for putting together a winning team, or if the guys behind the curtain are pulling some hidden genius moves with everything that's gone on so far...

I was thinking about this today in the car. This year of all years, the Penguins need to keep attendance as high as possible, which they've done. Crosby was step #1 for that. But even if it was just Crosby with the bunch of rookies/inexperience we saw last season, I bet we'd be seeing no more than 13,000 fans a game at most. A lot of us fans are upset with the contracts that the Penguins committed to, but I think it might've been a small price to pay to keep Penguins interest in Pittsburgh. If anything else, the names we signed will keep the fans in the seats long enough until we can secure the Penguins here for good, with a new arena. I don't know how much buzz they could've created otherwise with a no-name failing team, and that could've compromised the future of the franchise here in Pittsburgh. Afterall, a team of failing all-stars is much better to watch somehow than a team of failing nobodies. With the big names, there's at least always that small hope that something could happen. Hell, I keep going every game just to see if just a trickle of talent squeezes out of the a** of one of these guys. Of course, I'm usually let down, but the anticipation is worth-while nonetheless. It's bittersweet - exciting, and depressing.

Somehow, if the Penguins stay here and we get our arena, the moves made this year by Craig may have paid off afterall. He may not have brought home wins, but he kept the house packed everynight, and that's probably the most important thing we needed this year. Like I said, if the Penguins were averaging 10,000 in attendance a night (similar to what it was last season), I think the Kansas City Penguins would've been a given.

Old
12-25-2005, 12:06 PM
greatwhite101*

LeClair not the player he used to be. I do not think he sucks but he is a bit too old and too slow for this new NHL he is 3rd 4th line winger. For one million he is still good. He is what he is. Did you expect him to score 50 goals this season? I hope not. He will score his 20 goals and he will retire or Pittsburgh will waive him next season.
MAF, Crosby, Malkin (who is really really really good), Whitney plus 2006 top 5 pick and top 10 pick in 2007, Christensen, Jackman, Orpik, Palffy and Gonchar (hopefully he will rebound) and Pittsburgh will become a power house with in 3-4 years if not less. A few UFA a new arena the future is very bright.

It's not New Jersey Devils Flyers have to worry about.

Old
12-26-2005, 08:58 AM
chris_mthomas

He's more effective than Roy, who makes about the same. Oh Craig Patrick...

Old
12-27-2005, 06:38 AM
kutdacheez

Quote:
i really do not care what he brings to the locker room,anyone agree
I agree. I think you really don't care what he brings to the locker room.

Now, here's my question: When someone "headlines" a posting string (fill in player's name) SUCKS - I think the poster should provide proof that they have not yet reached the age to be illegible to drive a car. Anyone agree?

Closed Thread