HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Well, I'm officially cheering for the Czechs now ...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-22-2005, 10:42 AM
  #1
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,320
vCash: 500
Well, I'm officially cheering for the Czechs now ...

Erat, Zidlicky & Vokoun are all on the team

http://www.iihf.com/news/iihfpr0606.htm

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 11:21 AM
  #2
Gnashville
Playoff losers
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
Erat, Zidlicky & Vokoun are all on the team

http://www.iihf.com/news/iihfpr0606.htm
I'm with you. Canada shafted Paul Karyia. And I can't stand to cheer for any team that has Chelios on it even if it's the USA. Too bad Koun will never see a minute of playing time. Also gotta pull for Finland with Kimmo.

Gnashville is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 11:30 AM
  #3
Roxor
Registered User
 
Roxor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Roxor
And they have the best goalie in Hnilicka!












not

Roxor is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 12:56 PM
  #4
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtalenkov
And they have the best goalie in Hnilicka!












not
Vokoun AND Hasek can more than hold their own over Hinilincka, I think the Czechs will be fine in goal

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 01:38 PM
  #5
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
Vokoun AND Hasek can more than hold their own over Hinilincka, I think the Czechs will be fine in goal
I'd say so. vokoun and hasek ain't too shabby.

crossxcheck is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 02:20 PM
  #6
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
What happened to national pride?

AdmiralPred is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 02:22 PM
  #7
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
What happened to national pride?
Yeah...that is weird....players come and players go, but National Teams are for your country.

Slats432 is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 02:23 PM
  #8
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
What happened to national pride?
You're gonna cheer for Team Slimeball eeerrr Chelios? ... Team bust hotel room up? ... I can't and won't

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 02:26 PM
  #9
Gnashville
Playoff losers
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
What happened to national pride?
I didn't cheer for team USA in Basketball either. National pride goes out the window when the people representing the nation are thugs or jerks.

Gnashville is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 02:53 PM
  #10
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
I'm still pulling for the good ole USA. All of the teams have their share of punks like Chelios, besides it's not like he'll see much game action. These guys aren't getting paid but are playing for the pride of our country. So as long as they represent me and my country I'll back them. After the olympics, they all suck.

triggrman is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 02:59 PM
  #11
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
You're gonna cheer for Team Slimeball eeerrr Chelios? ... Team bust hotel room up? ... I can't and won't
And if Chelios wasn't on the team?

Anyway, I can name 6 guys off the top of my head who were in Nagano for the bungelow busting. As for the thug part, there are some other nations with their own, so I guess, in short, I'll root for the U.S. until they ain't in it. And then I'll root for anyone playing the Canadians.

AdmiralPred is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 03:31 PM
  #12
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
And if Chelios wasn't on the team?

Anyway, I can name 6 guys off the top of my head who were in Nagano for the bungelow busting. As for the thug part, there are some other nations with their own, so I guess, in short, I'll root for the U.S. until they ain't in it. And then I'll root for anyone playing the Canadians.
And conversely, I will root for Canada first, our American buddies 2nd, and then everyone else can fight for bronze.

Slats432 is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 05:07 PM
  #13
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,895
vCash: 500
i'm an american, i will cheer for the americans of course. just because i might not like a few of the american players that really changes nothing....when/if the USA cann't win, then i'll pull for any pred player with the czecks and the finns and the russians to do well individually, and the canadians to win

Pred303 is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 06:04 PM
  #14
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,320
vCash: 500
Elvis makes Team Russia

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 06:23 PM
  #15
biscuithead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville
I'm with you. Canada shafted Paul Karyia. And I can't stand to cheer for any team that has Chelios on it even if it's the USA. Too bad Koun will never see a minute of playing time. Also gotta pull for Finland with Kimmo.
Who would you leave off Team Canada in favor of PK? I hoped he'd make it but he hasn't done enough this season on his 03-04 was awful.

Why wouldn't Vokoun see a minute of playing time? Sure, Hasek's an instution but TV led them to a World Championship last year with lots of NHLers playing. I'm positive he'll get some games, if they don't split them or go with the hot hand.

biscuithead is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 06:32 PM
  #16
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
Who would you leave off Team Canada in favor of PK? I hoped he'd make it but he hasn't done enough this season on his 03-04 was awful.

Why wouldn't Vokoun see a minute of playing time? Sure, Hasek's an instution but TV led them to a World Championship last year with lots of NHLers playing. I'm positive he'll get some games, if they don't split them or go with the hot hand.

I don't think Draper or Doan should be on team Canada...but I also think there are those more deserving than Kariya to have made it.

I'm curious to see how the Czechs handle the Vokoun\Hasek thing, myself...

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 09:38 PM
  #17
TheFinalWord
Registered User
 
TheFinalWord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
Anyway, I can name 6 guys off the top of my head who were in Nagano for the bungelow busting.
It is really too bad that all of the American hockey players were painted with the hooligan brush. It is widely known that the three players responsible for the damage were Tkachuk, Guerin and Leclair. It's only too bad that they didn't come forward and apologize. Things were blown out of proportion because they were cowards.

TheFinalWord is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 10:01 PM
  #18
Nazzy-19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord
It is really too bad that all of the American hockey players were painted with the hooligan brush. It is widely known that the three players responsible for the damage were Tkachuk, Guerin and Leclair. It's only too bad that they didn't come forward and apologize. Things were blown out of proportion because they were cowards.
I remember reading a thread a long time ago that Chelios paid for all the damages himself and said he would leave it to his teammates to come forward and apologize if they wanted to. Correct me if I am way out to left field on this one.

Nazzy-19 is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 10:13 PM
  #19
TheFinalWord
Registered User
 
TheFinalWord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy-19
I remember reading a thread a long time ago that Chelios paid for all the damages himself and said he would leave it to his teammates to come forward and apologize if they wanted to. Correct me if I am way out to left field on this one.
I know that he tried to pay for the damages ( I think it was under $1000), but I think he was rebuffed by the organizers. I'm not positive about that, though.

TheFinalWord is offline  
Old
12-23-2005, 08:15 AM
  #20
PredDave
Registered User
 
PredDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
Russia has the best pure, offensive talent by far, but their goaltending is not solid.

Canada is probably the favorite to win gold, but I think they will find a way to choke.

Czech Republic has a decent team, but I absolutely despise Jagr.

The US will find a way to lose --- I doubt they will finish in the top 5 (Sweden, Czech Republic, Russia, and Canada are all much better).

My guesses:

Canada - GOLD
Russia - SILVER
Czech Republic - BRONZE

Thoughts?

PredDave is offline  
Old
12-23-2005, 08:49 AM
  #21
GPF
US Bandwagon
 
GPF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave
Russia has the best pure, offensive talent by far, but their goaltending is not solid.

Canada is probably the favorite to win gold, but I think they will find a way to choke.

Czech Republic has a decent team, but I absolutely despise Jagr.

The US will find a way to lose --- I doubt they will finish in the top 5 (Sweden, Czech Republic, Russia, and Canada are all much better).

My guesses:

Canada - GOLD
Russia - SILVER
Czech Republic - BRONZE

Thoughts?
I would also predict these three countries but - in no partculary order.

EDIT: oooops forgot about the Swedes .. now with Lundquist in goal they've the goaltender they needed. These four I guess will battle for medals in two games.

GPF is offline  
Old
12-23-2005, 09:01 AM
  #22
jstreet
Sad McDavid
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Is Sad.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,514
vCash: 50
I'll cheer for USA and the Czech's.



and speaking of PK not doing enough this year to make the team, DRAPER?!

jstreet is offline  
Old
12-23-2005, 09:11 AM
  #23
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
Anyway, I can name 6 guys off the top of my head who were in Nagano for the bungelow busting.
It is really too bad that all of the American hockey players were painted with the hooligan brush. It is widely known that the three players responsible for the damage were Tkachuk, Guerin and Leclair. It's only too bad that they didn't come forward and apologize. Things were blown out of proportion because they were cowards.
I forgot about Guerin. Just remember that Roenick was NOT named in the incident. I do remember Roenick speaking out about it and saying that he wasn't going to rat out the guys who did it.

To clarify my statement above, I can name 6 guys off the top of my head who are on the 2006 team that were in Nagano, and Tkachuk is playing pretty good so far this year, but I still would have left him and one of Modano or Guerin home, but these are the guys who won silver in Salt Lake.

Personally, I think the U.S. should have gone with some youth, get fans accustomed to to the up and comming names maybe even throw Kessel on the team, but he was busted for underaged drinking so no one would want ot root for the U.S. then. The way I see it, I don't think that the U.S. will get to the medal round this time around with the NHL vets, so why not give the opportunity to some newer/younger guys.

AdmiralPred is offline  
Old
12-23-2005, 09:17 AM
  #24
jstreet
Sad McDavid
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Is Sad.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,514
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
Personally, I think the U.S. should have gone with some youth, get fans accustomed to to the up and comming names maybe even throw Kessel on the team, but he was busted for underaged drinking so no one would want ot root for the U.S. then. The way I see it, I don't think that the U.S. will get to the medal round this time around with the NHL vets, so why not give the opportunity to some newer/younger guys.

next time around, Chelios out and Suter in.

jstreet is offline  
Old
12-23-2005, 10:01 AM
  #25
Gnashville
Playoff losers
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
Who would you leave off Team Canada in favor of PK? I hoped he'd make it but he hasn't done enough this season on his 03-04 was awful.

Why wouldn't Vokoun see a minute of playing time? Sure, Hasek's an instution but TV led them to a World Championship last year with lots of NHLers playing. I'm positive he'll get some games, if they don't split them or go with the hot hand.
Kris Draper that's who. PK was injured in 03-04; how could he score 50 goals when he wasn't healthy?

The Olympics are about politics 1st that is why TV won't see any/much ice time, same reason PK was left off team Canada. If the coach plays Hasek and loses no one will second guess him if he plays Vokoun and loses he'll get ripped. It's better for the coach to play Hasek and lose than to play TV and win.

Gnashville is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.