HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Well, I'm officially cheering for the Czechs now ...

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
Well, I'm officially cheering for the Czechs now ...

Erat, Zidlicky & Vokoun are all on the team

http://www.iihf.com/news/iihfpr0606.htm

Old
12-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
Erat, Zidlicky & Vokoun are all on the team

http://www.iihf.com/news/iihfpr0606.htm
I'm with you. Canada shafted Paul Karyia. And I can't stand to cheer for any team that has Chelios on it even if it's the USA. Too bad Koun will never see a minute of playing time. Also gotta pull for Finland with Kimmo.

Old
12-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Roxor

Send a message via MSN to Roxor
And they have the best goalie in Hnilicka!

not

Old
12-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtalenkov
And they have the best goalie in Hnilicka!

not
Vokoun AND Hasek can more than hold their own over Hinilincka, I think the Czechs will be fine in goal

Old
12-22-2005, 01:38 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Vokoun AND Hasek can more than hold their own over Hinilincka, I think the Czechs will be fine in goal
I'd say so. vokoun and hasek ain't too shabby.

Old
12-22-2005, 02:20 PM
AdmiralPred

What happened to national pride?

Old
12-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
Yeah...that is weird....players come and players go, but National Teams are for your country.

Old
12-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
You're gonna cheer for Team Slimeball eeerrr Chelios? ... Team bust hotel room up? ... I can't and won't

Old
12-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

Quote:
I didn't cheer for team USA in Basketball either. National pride goes out the window when the people representing the nation are thugs or jerks.

Old
12-22-2005, 02:53 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm still pulling for the good ole USA. All of the teams have their share of punks like Chelios, besides it's not like he'll see much game action. These guys aren't getting paid but are playing for the pride of our country. So as long as they represent me and my country I'll back them. After the olympics, they all suck.

Old
12-22-2005, 02:59 PM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
You're gonna cheer for Team Slimeball eeerrr Chelios? ... Team bust hotel room up? ... I can't and won't
And if Chelios wasn't on the team?

Anyway, I can name 6 guys off the top of my head who were in Nagano for the bungelow busting. As for the thug part, there are some other nations with their own, so I guess, in short, I'll root for the U.S. until they ain't in it. And then I'll root for anyone playing the Canadians.

Old
12-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Slats432

Quote:
And if Chelios wasn't on the team?

Anyway, I can name 6 guys off the top of my head who were in Nagano for the bungelow busting. As for the thug part, there are some other nations with their own, so I guess, in short, I'll root for the U.S. until they ain't in it. And then I'll root for anyone playing the Canadians.
And conversely, I will root for Canada first, our American buddies 2nd, and then everyone else can fight for bronze.

Old
12-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Pred303

i'm an american, i will cheer for the americans of course. just because i might not like a few of the american players that really changes nothing....when/if the USA cann't win, then i'll pull for any pred player with the czecks and the finns and the russians to do well individually, and the canadians to win

Old
12-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Elvis makes Team Russia

Old
12-22-2005, 06:23 PM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville
I'm with you. Canada shafted Paul Karyia. And I can't stand to cheer for any team that has Chelios on it even if it's the USA. Too bad Koun will never see a minute of playing time. Also gotta pull for Finland with Kimmo.
Who would you leave off Team Canada in favor of PK? I hoped he'd make it but he hasn't done enough this season on his 03-04 was awful.

Why wouldn't Vokoun see a minute of playing time? Sure, Hasek's an instution but TV led them to a World Championship last year with lots of NHLers playing. I'm positive he'll get some games, if they don't split them or go with the hot hand.

Old
12-22-2005, 06:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
Who would you leave off Team Canada in favor of PK? I hoped he'd make it but he hasn't done enough this season on his 03-04 was awful.

Why wouldn't Vokoun see a minute of playing time? Sure, Hasek's an instution but TV led them to a World Championship last year with lots of NHLers playing. I'm positive he'll get some games, if they don't split them or go with the hot hand.

I don't think Draper or Doan should be on team Canada...but I also think there are those more deserving than Kariya to have made it.

I'm curious to see how the Czechs handle the Vokoun\Hasek thing, myself...

Old
12-22-2005, 09:38 PM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Anyway, I can name 6 guys off the top of my head who were in Nagano for the bungelow busting.
It is really too bad that all of the American hockey players were painted with the hooligan brush. It is widely known that the three players responsible for the damage were Tkachuk, Guerin and Leclair. It's only too bad that they didn't come forward and apologize. Things were blown out of proportion because they were cowards.

Old
12-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Nazzy-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord
It is really too bad that all of the American hockey players were painted with the hooligan brush. It is widely known that the three players responsible for the damage were Tkachuk, Guerin and Leclair. It's only too bad that they didn't come forward and apologize. Things were blown out of proportion because they were cowards.
I remember reading a thread a long time ago that Chelios paid for all the damages himself and said he would leave it to his teammates to come forward and apologize if they wanted to. Correct me if I am way out to left field on this one.

Old
12-22-2005, 10:13 PM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy-19
I remember reading a thread a long time ago that Chelios paid for all the damages himself and said he would leave it to his teammates to come forward and apologize if they wanted to. Correct me if I am way out to left field on this one.
I know that he tried to pay for the damages ( I think it was under $1000), but I think he was rebuffed by the organizers. I'm not positive about that, though.

Old
12-23-2005, 08:15 AM
PredDave

Russia has the best pure, offensive talent by far, but their goaltending is not solid.

Canada is probably the favorite to win gold, but I think they will find a way to choke.

Czech Republic has a decent team, but I absolutely despise Jagr.

The US will find a way to lose --- I doubt they will finish in the top 5 (Sweden, Czech Republic, Russia, and Canada are all much better).

My guesses:

Canada - GOLD
Russia - SILVER
Czech Republic - BRONZE

Thoughts?

Old
12-23-2005, 08:49 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave
Russia has the best pure, offensive talent by far, but their goaltending is not solid.

Canada is probably the favorite to win gold, but I think they will find a way to choke.

Czech Republic has a decent team, but I absolutely despise Jagr.

The US will find a way to lose --- I doubt they will finish in the top 5 (Sweden, Czech Republic, Russia, and Canada are all much better).

My guesses:

Canada - GOLD
Russia - SILVER
Czech Republic - BRONZE

Thoughts?
I would also predict these three countries but - in no partculary order.

EDIT: oooops forgot about the Swedes .. now with Lundquist in goal they've the goaltender they needed. These four I guess will battle for medals in two games.

Old
12-23-2005, 09:01 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
I'll cheer for USA and the Czech's.

and speaking of PK not doing enough this year to make the team, DRAPER?!

Old
12-23-2005, 09:11 AM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord
Quote:
Anyway, I can name 6 guys off the top of my head who were in Nagano for the bungelow busting.
I forgot about Guerin. Just remember that Roenick was NOT named in the incident. I do remember Roenick speaking out about it and saying that he wasn't going to rat out the guys who did it.

To clarify my statement above, I can name 6 guys off the top of my head who are on the 2006 team that were in Nagano, and Tkachuk is playing pretty good so far this year, but I still would have left him and one of Modano or Guerin home, but these are the guys who won silver in Salt Lake.

Personally, I think the U.S. should have gone with some youth, get fans accustomed to to the up and comming names maybe even throw Kessel on the team, but he was busted for underaged drinking so no one would want ot root for the U.S. then. The way I see it, I don't think that the U.S. will get to the medal round this time around with the NHL vets, so why not give the opportunity to some newer/younger guys.

Old
12-23-2005, 09:17 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Personally, I think the U.S. should have gone with some youth, get fans accustomed to to the up and comming names maybe even throw Kessel on the team, but he was busted for underaged drinking so no one would want ot root for the U.S. then. The way I see it, I don't think that the U.S. will get to the medal round this time around with the NHL vets, so why not give the opportunity to some newer/younger guys.

next time around, Chelios out and Suter in.

Old
12-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead

Kris Draper that's who. PK was injured in 03-04; how could he score 50 goals when he wasn't healthy?

The Olympics are about politics 1st that is why TV won't see any/much ice time, same reason PK was left off team Canada. If the coach plays Hasek and loses no one will second guess him if he plays Vokoun and loses he'll get ripped. It's better for the coach to play Hasek and lose than to play TV and win.

Closed Thread