HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"We Want the Cup" '94 chant...

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2005, 11:25 PM
Sunshine

vCash: 500
"We Want the Cup" '94 chant...

I recall catching a few minutes of the decisive game in '94 at MSG,
as John Amoranti began to sing the anthem, the Garden grew to a fever pitch, completely droning it out with chants of "We Want the Cup"...
does anyone recall what I'm referring to?
It literally raised the hair on my arms.

Anyone have a clip???

Old
12-23-2005, 11:32 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
I recall catching a few minutes of the decisive game in '94 at MSG,
as John Amoranti began to sing the anthem, the Garden grew to a fever pitch, completely droning it out with chants of "We Want the Cup"...
does anyone recall what I'm referring to?
It literally raised the hair on my arms.

Anyone have a clip???
Know what you're talking about, but don't have a clip. And wouldn't share it if I did.

Is it bad that as a complete blue stater (i.e. liberal) NYer, I get really annoyed when suppoed *ahem* patriots decide it's okay to interrupt the national anthem to shout out whatever sports-supporting chant they think is appropriate?

Old
12-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Balej20*

why are they supposesed Patriots? I don't think thats ok at all.

Old
12-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

The first time I heard that chant was after the Rangers beat the Devils.

Old
12-24-2005, 01:56 AM
NYR2

If I could find my tape somewhere I would record it for you, I just have no idea where my stuff is (just moved here a couple of months ago, stuff still in boxes lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan
Know what you're talking about, but don't have a clip. And wouldn't share it if I did.

Is it bad that as a complete blue stater (i.e. liberal) NYer, I get really annoyed when suppoed *ahem* patriots decide it's okay to interrupt the national anthem to shout out whatever sports-supporting chant they think is appropriate?
Considering it had been 54 years since Ranger fans had the change to see another championship won by their team, with it happening on home ice, I think them chanting that was alright that night. I would have been chanting too.

Old
12-24-2005, 08:11 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan

Yea BRF, I kinda have a problem with that too, but its become so widely accepted. I always thought you were not to move a muscle until the last note of the National Anthem.

I always watch the players lined up at the Nationa Anthem and get a little peeved at who skates off 10 seconds before its over.

BTW you can be a blue-stater without being 'liberal'

And Sunshine, if you could find a way to strip it from the audio tracks, that chant is in all of the EA NHL series games. You may be able to find it on the internet if you search for it that way.

Old
12-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Choice

There is nothing like the national anthem at a Ranger playoff game. Oh man I hope thy make it this year...

I remember from the games I went to in 94 you could barely hear the song everyone was yelling so much. Just thinking about it gets me pumped up.

I went to the 'Ning game and there was a little bit of that in the air. People yellin lets go Rangers during the song, although not to the degree of the playoffs. Anyway, I think its awesome. You can feel the electricity at that point. Thats what Ranger hockey is all about.

Old
12-24-2005, 08:46 AM
Squiddy*

I posted a clip about a month ago. If you can find it be my guest. If not PM me and I'll send it to you when I get back from work.

Old
12-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Kloucek's Ghost

Is it just me, or was everyone chanting "Let's go Rangers" and not "We want the Cup"?

At least that's what I remember.

Closed Thread