HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I've said it before...I'll say it again

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 04:45 PM
imagine29028

vCash: 500
I've said it before...I'll say it again

I love me some Danny Hinote.

I just love the way the guy plays the game....

Old
10-17-2003, 05:43 AM
Inscottnito

Young Dan was almost dominant against the Wild.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:08 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Danny was good, but Bates was simply awesome. Didn't think I'd ever be saying that.

Old
10-17-2003, 09:25 AM
imagine29028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Danny was good, but Bates was simply awesome. Didn't think I'd ever be saying that.

very very true

Old
10-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Foppa2118

He did all that with a pretty bad charley horse too. He said something would have to be broken in a pretty bad area for him to miss that game, with it being in his hometown with family and friends in the audience, and against the team that booted them last year. I thought he was kinda tentative in the first two games, but he looked great out there against the Wild. I just hope he plays that way against other teams, with less significance to him personally, as well. He was in the muck of it every shift, and I noticed some of those Danny Hinote plays after the wistle as well. Haven't seen that in a bit, especially after the quick faceoff rule was implemented.

How about them Wild third jersey's too? I dig em.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:13 AM
Miller259

Location: "If hockeys to tough, go play tennis"-Bryan Marchment, Colorado Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
He did all that with a pretty bad charley horse too. He said something would have to be broken in a pretty bad area for him to miss that game, with it being in his hometown with family and friends in the audience, and against the team that booted them last year. I thought he was kinda tentative in the first two games, but he looked great out there against the Wild. I just hope he plays that way against other teams, with less significance to him personally, as well. He was in the muck of it every shift, and I noticed some of those Danny Hinote plays after the wistle as well. Haven't seen that in a bit, especially after the quick faceoff rule was implemented.

How about them Wild third jersey's too? I dig em.

I think the 3rd sweaters look like dog crap. No disrespect to their organization....I thin our 3rd sweaters look like dog varmin too. At least neither one of the 3rd sweaters mention look like a giant rat barfed on the Predators 3rd jerseys.

Oh, and Hinote is faster than Sakic. I don't know about Kariya though.

Old
10-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller259

I think the 3rd sweaters look like dog crap. No disrespect to their organization....I thin our 3rd sweaters look like dog varmin too. At least neither one of the 3rd sweaters mention look like a giant rat barfed on the Predators 3rd jerseys.

Oh, and Hinote is faster than Sakic. I don't know about Kariya though.
I kinda like our third jersey's too. At least we agree on the Predators sweaters. Those are terrible.

And I got to think Kariya might be the fastest in the NHL. I knew he was fast before, but after I saw him play a lot in the playoffs last year, and now this year with the Avs, I don't think there's any one faster. He's got acceleration like I've never seen, and top speed to boot. He darts through the neutral zone like it's only 2 feet long, and thats a bonus for us too, because if there's one thing that beats the trap (and that's what teams are going to play against us this year) it's speed, and Kariya can basically neutralize a trap, if he's got his head up on the fly.

Old
10-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Miller259

Location: "If hockeys to tough, go play tennis"-Bryan Marchment, Colorado Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
And I got to think Kariya might be the fastest in the NHL. I knew he was fast before, but after I saw him play a lot in the playoffs last year, and now this year with the Avs, I don't think there's any one faster. He's got acceleration like I've never seen, and top speed to boot. He darts through the neutral zone like it's only 2 feet long, and thats a bonus for us too, because if there's one thing that beats the trap (and that's what teams are going to play against us this year) it's speed, and Kariya can basically neutralize a trap, if he's got his head up on the fly.

Kariya's fast because he seems to have a 6th gear in his skating stride like few others around him. I think Sakic is almost as fast as him, but he seems to just have 5 gears in his stride. I don't know if it's just me, but Sakic's speed just seems to top out when he gets at full throttle. Kariya on the other hand, doesn't have to worry about that, he goes from 0-60 from red line to blue. He makes the frozen oval look too small...it's not long enough for him to reach his true top speed.

Old
10-18-2003, 02:52 PM
avs1dacup

speaking of thirds, how about them construction cone orange ones in philly and on the island? those are some pretty bad ones as well.

Closed Thread