HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers-Sens Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
12-25-2005, 10:42 PM
nyrmessier011

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
im excited for this game. im gonna grill up the ribs, crack open the beers and settle in for a night of nyr - ottawa and the last real monday night football game ever. anybody know what channel msg duece is on the oakland provider for cablevision? 17? and im assuming there's no chance at watching this game on HD.

Old
12-25-2005, 10:51 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
im excited for this game. im gonna grill up the ribs, crack open the beers and settle in for a night of nyr - ottawa and the last real monday night football game ever. anybody know what channel msg duece is on the oakland provider for cablevision? 17? and im assuming there's no chance at watching this game on HD.
A funned night.

Old
12-25-2005, 10:58 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

Anyone know if Spezza is supposed to be back for the game tomorrow?

Old
12-26-2005, 02:50 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

if i'm renney i try this for the ottawa game

hollweg nylandar jagr
prucha straka ward
rucinsky moore ortmeyer
neimo rucchin orr

poti strudwick
tyutin kaspar
malik rozsival

have hollweg create space for jagr and nylandar. hollweg has good hands and could be an effective top 6 forward if used correctly.

scratch betts (who deserves it) hossa (who sucks) and drats (although i would rather scratch rozsival i understand the reason the rangers won't.

Old
12-26-2005, 02:57 AM
VEGASRANGERFAN

Hollweg on the first line huh?

Old
12-26-2005, 04:56 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASRANGERFAN
Anyone know if Spezza is supposed to be back for the game tomorrow?
Not playing

Old
12-26-2005, 04:57 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

This is only one game of a long 82 game season

Old
12-26-2005, 07:20 AM
Caseus
squirrelly wrath

Is Lundqvist playing for sure? I'm going to the game tonight and I'm really hoping to see him in action. I believe he's tied with Hasek for the second-best GAA in the league....as a rookie! Nice to see the doubters silenced

Should be a great game.

Old
12-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
yeah, orr's skating could be a liability against a quick sens team...do you send him out there and just hope he can catch someone?

against a team like the sens, i'd rather not worry about who's gonna fight who, and just worry about how the rangers are gonna contain guys like alfredsson and heatley. and orr doesn't help that at all
I agree completely. With us on the road and Ottawa at home, Ott would get the last change. For those who want Orr on ice - imagine we put out the Orr line and Ottawa counters with Heatley line. Not very good odds. With our inability to control the face off, we wouldn't be able to even get that line off the ice. Nah, as much I like Orr and his game, I really wouldn't want to see that happen against the deadly Ottawa team

Old
12-26-2005, 08:53 AM
brucegarrioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
That's a good point, but Ottawa is a very physical team. Rangers are gonna have to match it
Ottawa doesn't try to physically intimidate the other team. Like has been said, Ottawa can play any brand of hockey, however, which deviates from recent years. If hits and fights start to errupt, there are enough players on Ottawa's roster that can play that brand of hockey. Likewise, if it's an offensive game, Ottawa can play that too.

I've been looking forward to this game for a while. The Rangers have put together a solid season and as such, should produce an entertaining game. Besides, this has the making of a potential playoff matchup.

Old
12-26-2005, 10:03 AM
HF2002

Considering Ottawa spends 20 mins in the penalty box (all for hooking, holding or interference) there's more value in playing a guy who can play more than 1 shift a period.

That said, McGratton will be in the line up, but if Orr isn't there, he won't have anyone to fight. Unless... oh wait Sean Avery plays for LA, and he still wouldn't have time to fight. He'll just turtle because it's faster.

Sens are in a slump these days, and I won't be in the least bit surprised to see the Rangers win.

Old
12-26-2005, 10:42 AM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
What channel is the game going to be on? Is MSG2 a full time 24/7 channel or do they use it only when the Knicks and Rangers are playing at the same time? Will MSG2 be on a channel that is normally static for me or something? The Isles game wasnt on FSNY on Friday, just some unknown channel.

Old
12-26-2005, 10:43 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Yeah, but we gotta realize...I'm saying Orr over HOSSA OR NIEMINEN, 2 guys who don't bring much. In this game, it may be better having Orr in there in case it's get physical rather than experimenting with Hossa or having Nieminen agitate. Hollweg is a definite in this lineup, so Ville or Marcel gotta sit either way. I say Hollweg for Hossa, Nylander for Drats, and then Orr for Nieminen. Each substitution seems to make sense

Old
12-26-2005, 10:52 AM
SML

Has this somehow become the gameday thread???

(sigh)

Old
12-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Bloggins

I'm thinking it's going to be a great game. Both teams will come out wanting the win and they are both capable of winning it.
Good luck to the Rangers
Go Sens!

Old
12-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner

hollweg nylandar jagr
prucha straka ward
rucinsky moore ortmeyer
neimo rucchin orr

poti strudwick
tyutin kaspar
malik rozsival
When did Nylander pull a Nedved and has become czech?

Old
12-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Yeah, but we gotta realize...I'm saying Orr over HOSSA OR NIEMINEN, 2 guys who don't bring much. In this game, it may be better having Orr in there in case it's get physical rather than experimenting with Hossa or having Nieminen agitate. Hollweg is a definite in this lineup, so Ville or Marcel gotta sit either way. I say Hollweg for Hossa, Nylander for Drats, and then Orr for Nieminen. Each substitution seems to make sense
both hossa and nieminen bring more to this upcoming game than orr...or at the very least, neiminen does. he skates better, better defensively, can agitate and throw hits.

even hossa, if he plays with the hustle he did last game, really does bring more than orr for the most part.

Old
12-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Why don't people on this board just get it once annd for all. Winning teams protect there stars and we don't do it with Hossa ,Nieminen. Prucha has been nailed and bloodied , Nylanders been hit alot and busted open Drats and Fedor get run nightly why because we let it happen. The Sens are a better team i know that and I and totaly happy being in the position we are but why lose a star cause no defends him or there to say hit jagr i hit spezza?

Old
12-26-2005, 02:17 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
Why don't people on this board just get it once annd for all. Winning teams protect there stars and we don't do it with Hossa ,Nieminen. Prucha has been nailed and bloodied , Nylanders been hit alot and busted open Drats and Fedor get run nightly why because we let it happen. The Sens are a better team i know that and I and totaly happy being in the position we are but why lose a star cause no defends him or there to say hit jagr i hit spezza?
You know, enough is enough already. I am a big fan of tough play and fighting, but it seems to be much less relevant than in the past. If we were sitting in last place looking up at everyone, I would agree, but we're not. Didn't we all (myself included) get all worked up about Boogaard when we played Minnesota? What happened? Nothing. The fact is that this year's NHL is all about special teams. Check a stat sheet on NHL.com after any game. Any player who doesn't either kill penalties or play on the PP just doesn't play more than 8 minutes a game. There's no room for guys who can't do one of those two things. Now it's not even a sure thing that Orr can take a regular shift, and we know he's not going to be on the PP or kill Penalties. Are we all going to scream that Orr should be playing every single game? How long till we realize it's not going to happen? Do you think he's going to go from a scratch in 15 straight to a regular shift? There's a log jam on the roster and unless there is a 2 or 3 for one deal, Orr is going to be a practice squad player. It's a shame because I really would like to see the guy get in there and do his thing, but it's bad for his career to be sitting this much and this team should either find some room for him or let him move on.

Old
12-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:

hollweg nylandar jagr
prucha straka ward
rucinsky moore ortmeyer
neimo rucchin orr

poti strudwick
tyutin kaspar
malik rozsival

have hollweg create space for jagr and nylandar. hollweg has good hands and could be an effective top 6 forward if used correctly.

scratch betts (who deserves it) hossa (who sucks) and drats (although i would rather scratch rozsival i understand the reason the rangers won't.
Renney has shown absolutely no interest in playing Hollweg on a scoring line, I doubt that he will start now--especially because there were no practices over the weekend.

And you'll have to explain why you want to sit Betts--who's our only reliable center in the faceoff circle and one of the main reasons why the penalty kill has been so good.

Old
12-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Renney has shown absolutely no interest in playing Hollweg on a scoring line, I doubt that he will start now--especially because there were no practices over the weekend.

And you'll have to explain why you want to sit Betts--who's our only reliable center in the faceoff circle and one of the main reasons why the penalty kill has been so good.
I didn't say this is what i predict i said this is what i do? Do you understand the differance?

Betts had done nothing over the past month. If you think he is our ONLY reliable center in the face off circle than please back that statement up with some sort of stats. We are talking about scratching a 4th line center here. Somebody that is slowly being passed by guys like helminen and Immonen on the Rangers depth chart.

Old
12-26-2005, 03:17 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
I didn't say this is what i predict i said this is what i do? Do you understand the differance?

Betts had done nothing over the past month. If you think he is our ONLY reliable center in the face off circle than please back that statement up with some sort of stats. We are talking about scratching a 4th line center here. Somebody that is slowly being passed by guys like helminen and Immonen on the Rangers depth chart.
Face off Winning %'s:

Betts: 56.4 %

Rucchin: 47.6%
Nylander: 46.1%
Moore: 46%

Old
12-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Face off Winning %'s:

Betts: 56.4 %

Rucchin: 47.6%
Nylander: 46.1%
Moore: 46%
that isn't that much better than his teammates. We are talking Blair Betts here not Mark Messier. He hasn't played that well over the past month.

Old
12-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Colt.45Orr

I didn't see all of the game last night.. but the Sens sure took it to you guys physically...

Senators: 33hits
Rangers: 16 hits...

You guys looked like a bunch of wilting daisies out there at times. Neil (6) hits was going out there running guys with nobody to come over and say "Hey Neilsie... next hit you throw on one of our guys I'm coming looking for you"

It is amusing how some of you view Orr as such a liability and hinderance to winning -while the top-ranked Senators dress McGrattan every night. They are the same level/quality of player... though I personally think Orr is a better bodychecker-- they are the same speed, and both have the same strenghts and weaknesses.

IMO you guys could have used Orr last night to go chat with some of the Sens (namely McGrattan, Neil) while they were out there throwing the body to no end last night. Just my opinion though.

Old
12-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr
I didn't see all of the game last night.. but the Sens sure took it to you guys physically...

Senators: 33hits
Rangers: 16 hits...

You guys looked like a bunch of wilting daisies out there at times. Neil (6) hits was going out there running guys with nobody to come over and say "Hey Neilsie... next hit you throw on one of our guys I'm coming looking for you"

It is amusing how some of you view Orr as such a liability and hinderance to winning -while the top-ranked Senators dress McGrattan every night. They are the same level/quality of player... though I personally think Orr is a better bodychecker-- they are the same speed, and both have the same strenghts and weaknesses.

IMO you guys could have used Orr last night to go chat with some of the Sens (namely McGrattan, Neil) while they were out there throwing the body to no end last night. Just my opinion though.
Agreed.

Closed Thread