HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hadley's Latest (10/17)

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 06:17 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 500
Hadley's Latest (10/17)

Love him or hate him...he pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one.

http://www.hadleyonsports.com/getRep...83744&size=595

10-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Frenzy1

It has only been 3 games, but I think everyone knows about the accountability issues. Players do need to stand up and play...

Old
10-17-2003, 08:48 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Yeah, i think he is jumping the gun a little.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:56 AM
sandman18

vCash:
True it might be only three games, but this is an ongoing theme that had fans up in arms the last two years. The apathey these players display is outrageous. I beleive Hadely was right on target and the clock is ticking on coach Q, and has been since last year. Unless he can motivate his players then maybe a change is what both the team and coach Q need. The Blues have to much talent to not be able to beat the Coyotes and Predators.

Old
10-17-2003, 09:30 AM
topshelf331

"It's very simple to pinpoint those that have performed below expectation (the unnamed have played just well enough to be anonymous): Joel Quenneville, Pavol Demitra, Peter Senja, Doug Weight, Barret Jackman Jamal Mayers, Peter Sejna, and Al MacInnis."
-hadley

That is absolutely an assinine statement.
- We wouldnt have won that game in colorado without Q switching to the trap in the third period. Which he never did in the past. To me he has already shown that he is trying to improve his coaching strategies to better compliment his system.
- Demitra, ive heard complaints about on this board from nick also. But i havent seen him not trying. Just not producing.
- Sejna will take a few games to get going. Four games into his career he is not living up to expectations? And in the game against nashville he was the hardest working player for the blues.
- Jackman was a stud against colorado. And minus running into weight and getting caught up ice once, has he really played any worse than last season?
- Weight has no finnisher on his line right now.
- Mayers was never a scorer, and didnt play all of last season. How is an injury going to make a player better?
- MacInnis- i havent really watched too closely, but i will now on sat.

Its rediculous to complain that the blues are the same old blues 3 games into the season. I think hadley had a few too many when he wrote this one.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:06 AM
Irish Blues

Demitra was *very* blah vs. Phoenix and better vs. Colorado - but still ordinary.

Sejna and Weight I've given my comments on earlier. Weight was 1-for-11 on faceoffs vs. Colorado. Pitiful. He's done a nice job of stickhandling the puck but not much in the way of generating scoring chances (save Tkachuk's rebound vs. COL) - he has definitely underachieved.

The bottom line is, even if Nashville is a better team (and I think they're a threat to go to the playoffs, said that this summer) the Blues *cannot* have a pedestrian effort like they gave last night vs. teams like Nashville and expect to (a) be taken seriously come playoff time, (b) earn home-ice advantage come playoff time, and (c) expect to easily make the playoffs in a tough Western conference.

Mayers is either out of place on the line with Weight or not being utilized. Not sure which, I suspect some of both. Jackman has been OK - was much better vs. Colorado.

Say what you want about pro players needing motivation, but when the head coach sees a team taking the night off, you don't keep doing the same thing throughout the game and hope the team snaps out of it.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:51 AM
TimothyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Say what you want about pro players needing motivation, but when the head coach sees a team taking the night off, you don't keep doing the same thing throughout the game and hope the team snaps out of it.
Absolutely. And, how many years + 3 games does this have to go on?

As long as we are on the topic, here is a quote from Melrose (yea, I know). Sorry if it was posted in a thread I missed.

"There was talk over the last year that ownership wanted to fire the coach, but Pleau said, "If you fire him, you fire me." Obviously, the Blues ended up not firing Quenneville, and they finished the season well. Pleau is such a calm stable influence there. But this is a situation where the Blues are going to be punished for being good, because good isn't good enough. Ownership wants bigger results than just making the playoffs and getting a few more home games."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...rry&id=1634200

Old
10-18-2003, 08:27 PM
topshelf331

I watched demitra again tonight, and he almost beat tkachuk and cajanek as the first forward back every time again. Im not seeing the lack of effort. By the way that is a great line.

With that in mind sejna is second only to danton in the last two games for effort. The kid is everywhere. He had 2 assists tonight, and a great scoring chance. Its a matter of time before he starts clicking with his line mates on all cylinders. Once he gets that first one, he'll only excell in the scoring goals dept. Kinda like boguniecki. Just hope it doesnt take as long.

Old
10-19-2003, 05:19 AM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
I watched demitra again tonight, and he almost beat tkachuk and cajanek as the first forward back every time again. Im not seeing the lack of effort.
It hasn't been a lack of effort at all this year. He's just the person people blame when goals aren't being scored and since he's a European he gets called for floating. It's beyond (franking) old.

Old
10-19-2003, 06:14 AM
Nick Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
It hasn't been a lack of effort at all this year. He's just the person people blame when goals aren't being scored and since he's a European he gets called for floating. It's beyond (franking) old.

If Hadley is such a racist against Euros, then why did he pile such heaping praise on fellow Euro, Petr Cajanek in the same article?

Old
10-19-2003, 06:28 AM
degroat*

Who said anything about Hadley?

Closed Thread