HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter continues to improve -- NHL.com article

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2005, 12:42 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Carter continues to improve -- NHL.com article

Quote:

On any given game night the Flyers suit up five or more players who skated with Carter last season and that kind of familiarity can really help a first-time player feel at ease.

"It's huge," said Carter. "It would be tough coming in and not know anybody. It was nice to have all of these guys here."

Sami Kapanen is a star in his own right and one of the Flyer veterans who assists the club's young players. He has come away impressed with Philadelphia's "Next Generation".

"We got tremendous young players and he is one of those players that we expect a lot from," Kapanen says of Carter. "Those guys have been stepping up for us especially with all of the injuries. He's been playing real good for us. The more games they play the more comfortable they feel."

NHL.com

Old
12-27-2005, 01:24 PM
iceman42

Nice article, but I must admit that I dont think of Carter as a power foward type, they must have looked at his 6'3" size and added that, i see him as more of a finesse play that has the potential to be a big guy.

Old
12-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42
Nice article, but I must admit that I dont think of Carter as a power foward type, they must have looked at his 6'3" size and added that, i see him as more of a finesse play that has the potential to be a big guy.
he's listed as 6'3" 200 lbs., which i believe is actually light. i think i heard something about 210-15lbs earlier in the year... plus the whole mono thing. remember he's only 20, by the time he's entering his prime at 25 he'll probably be closer to the 220lbs range... while he is not about to start playing like Lindros, he will have a frame that brings some "power" w/ it.

Old
12-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Gert B Frobe

He can throw a pretty good check but I don't think he'll ever be fierce forechecker. He has the size to be strong on the puck and man does he have a hard wrist shot.

Old
12-27-2005, 03:10 PM
stanley

So who's a "non-power forward?"

Old
12-27-2005, 04:08 PM
deuceswild

definitely seeing a bigger 'jump' in carters stride. I don't know if its because hes getting over the mono thing or just getting more comfortable, but hes playing harder. He had a great shot last night agaisnt florida but it rang off the post. He did have a couple assists though.

Old
12-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceswild
definitely seeing a bigger 'jump' in carters stride. I don't know if its because hes getting over the mono thing or just getting more comfortable, but hes playing harder. He had a great shot last night agaisnt florida but it rang off the post. He did have a couple assists though.
Over the past few games I think his line with Eager and Umberger has been the most consistent. They have had some very strong shifts with great puck control and good scoring opportunities. Carter is a little snake bit right now but he keeps firing away and soon some of them will fall. I think he's going to have a nice 2nd half.

Closed Thread