HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker Part III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2016, 07:21 PM
  #101
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 13,807
vCash: 500
I didn't see any London games, but what Juolevi did at WJC was nothing else but Nicklas Lidström 2.0

Great 1st passes through neutral zone, solid defence, quarterbacking the PP. Just doing things right.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2016, 10:38 PM
  #102
RedMachine87
Registered User
 
RedMachine87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: A^2
Country: United States
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
I didn't see any London games, but what Juolevi did at WJC was nothing else but Nicklas Lidström 2.0

Great 1st passes through neutral zone, solid defence, quarterbacking the PP. Just doing things right.
Meh, on a stacked Finnish team. I think he's overrated too personally.

RedMachine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 03:37 AM
  #103
gretskidoo
Registered User
 
gretskidoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
I didn't see any London games, but what Juolevi did at WJC was nothing else but Nicklas Lidström 2.0

Great 1st passes through neutral zone, solid defence, quarterbacking the PP. Just doing things right.
Mattias Olsson outproduced Lidstrom at the WJC while being an entire year younger.

Who, you ask? Exactly.

gretskidoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 04:58 AM
  #104
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 13,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretskidoo View Post
Mattias Olsson outproduced Lidstrom at the WJC while being an entire year younger.

Who, you ask? Exactly.
Of course WJC production should determine a prospct. Of course! Brilliant thinking.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 07:26 AM
  #105
Frk It
Crap Space
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 22,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Dennis Cholowski 6'3 Left - Vili Saarijärvi 5'10 Right
Xavier Ouellet 6'1 Left --- Filip Hronek 6'0 Right
Joe Hicketts 5'8 Left --- Ryan Sproul 6'4 Right
Dan Renouf 6'3 Left --- Robbie Russo 6'0 Right
Alfons Malmström 6'3 Left - Jordan Sambrook 6'2 Right
James DeHaas 6'3 Left --- Patrick Holway 6'4 Right
Mike McKee 6'5 Left --- Nick Jensen 6'0 Right

First time I'm gonna like more of our pack of right-handed defencemen, than lefties. Still, Cholowski could be the best from group.
Where did you get that Cholowski is 6'3"?

Everywhere I look has him 6'0 or 6'1 and believe he was measured at the combine to be 6'1.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 07:33 AM
  #106
HisNoodliness
LGRW
 
HisNoodliness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Where did you get that Cholowski is 6'3"?

Everywhere I look has him 6'0 or 6'1 and believe he was measured at the combine to be 6'1.
He's presently 6'1" but the kid has been growing so quickly that he's projected to continue and ultimately be 6'3"-6'4". It's just a projection, but I expect he'll put on at least another inch which will give him really good size if he can get his weight up.

HisNoodliness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 08:38 AM
  #107
Red Winger 87
He's the Man(tha)
 
Red Winger 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,619
vCash: 1500
Another kid invited to camp : Luke Coleman

6'2'' , 194lbs, 29 pts with Prince Albert in the WHL.

Quote:
But if that wasn’t enough to bring the scouts out, we believe there’s another Raider on the cusp of breaking out. Luke Coleman is the blossoming power forward teams are constantly searching for in Western Canada. He’s an honest player who uses a short, straight ahead stride and a great frame to carve out space in traffic. A true late bloomer who appears to have grown even more over the summer, Coleman now constantly uses his big frame to full advantage shielding pucks to slide past opposing d-men and lumber through traffic. We also think he has more upside than just his early-season brawn. He has shown a great release on an accurate wrist shot that has already surprised a few goalies, and has a solid work ethic.
From USA Today

Red Winger 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 08:47 AM
  #108
Frk It
Crap Space
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 22,801
vCash: 500
Really wish we would invite Lazarev to camp. Would be nice to send him to GR with Svech, think he is an AHL player at least.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 08:50 AM
  #109
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 13,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Really wish we would invite Lazarev to camp. Would be nice to send him to GR with Svech, think he is an AHL player at least.
Totally agree with you. He is so damn skilled.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 10:59 AM
  #110
SirloinUB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
I didn't see any London games, but what Juolevi did at WJC was nothing else but Nicklas Lidström 2.0

Great 1st passes through neutral zone, solid defence, quarterbacking the PP. Just doing things right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Of course WJC production should determine a prospct. Of course! Brilliant thinking.
Assuming you are being sarcastic, I'm pretty sure your second post is exactly the point gretskidoo was making in regards to your first post.


Either way, I think people tend to put too much stock into WJC. Its a short tournament where kids play with a ton of emotion and adrenalin which can easily skew their performance.

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 11:00 AM
  #111
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Really wish we would invite Lazarev to camp. Would be nice to send him to GR with Svech, think he is an AHL player at least.
He's alredy going to the Panthers and Hurricanes camps, the latter running simultaneously with the Wings camp.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 02:12 PM
  #112
Phil18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Can any of you give me info on the players we drafted in 13'!? Are we gonna sign Wheaton, Mcnulty cause im looking at their stats and seemed to have both really good season past year !?

McNulty is 6ft7

Phil18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 03:08 PM
  #113
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil18 View Post
Can any of you give me info on the players we drafted in 13'!? Are we gonna sign Wheaton, Mcnulty cause im looking at their stats and seemed to have both really good season past year !?

McNulty is 6ft7
Both are no longer Detroit property, CHL rights last for only 2 years. Mantha, Nastasiuk, Bertuzzi are signed, Janmark was traded and as far as I kno Melen has basically quit hockey. At least he won't be coming to development camp this summer.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 04:07 PM
  #114
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 13,807
vCash: 500
Quite wierd that Chiarelli is acquiring a power-forward (Lucic) and defencemen (Larsson).

And we are drafting power-forwards and defencemen.

Same GM book?

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 04:43 PM
  #115
FireBird71
Registered User
 
FireBird71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Grand Blanc,MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Both are no longer Detroit property, CHL rights last for only 2 years. Mantha, Nastasiuk, Bertuzzi are signed, Janmark was traded and as far as I kno Melen has basically quit hockey. At least he won't be coming to development camp this summer.
Pretty sure they're free agents...Wheaton was at the rookie camp last year even with Detroit not holding his rights

FireBird71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2016, 07:10 PM
  #116
Rzombo4 prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBird71 View Post
Pretty sure they're free agents...Wheaton was at the rookie camp last year even with Detroit not holding his rights
McNulty actually, but you are correct otherwise.

Rzombo4 prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2016, 08:18 PM
  #117
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 13,954
vCash: 500
Oooh that's nasty...


ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2016, 12:04 AM
  #118
jaster
i'm maybe not drunk
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Oooh that's nasty...
Who's sporting that #29?

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2016, 12:35 AM
  #119
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 13,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Who's sporting that #29?
Should be Sadowy.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2016, 01:35 AM
  #120
jaster
i'm maybe not drunk
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,814
vCash: 500
Why was Sadowy playing defense? Was this during 3v3?

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2016, 08:42 AM
  #121
Red Winger 87
He's the Man(tha)
 
Red Winger 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,619
vCash: 1500
What does Coreau project to be in his career? Is he going to be just a backup or can he be a legit starter? I've seen some projections that he can be both, it's confusing.
Khan said yesterday that he projected to be the backup next year (and that Howard WILL be traded next year or bought-out).

Red Winger 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2016, 10:27 AM
  #122
RixDRW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Why was Sadowy playing defense? Was this during 3v3?
Yep, final minutes of the game.

RixDRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2016, 06:41 PM
  #123
Bruce Joker
Professor X
 
Bruce Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 13,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark Ness Monster View Post
What does Coreau project to be in his career? Is he going to be just a backup or can he be a legit starter? I've seen some projections that he can be both, it's confusing.
Khan said yesterday that he projected to be the backup next year (and that Howard WILL be traded next year or bought-out).
It's not confusing. He can be a backup. Or a starter. Most likely a backup because of mrazek. And if he leaves he's gonna be a starter probably. He can handle the load if mrazek gets injured

Either way our goaltending situation is probably set for like 10+ years. No reason to draft a goalie ever again for like 7-8 years

Bruce Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2016, 05:03 PM
  #124
Vatican Roulette
Baile de Los Locos
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gorillaz-EPWRID
Country: United States
Posts: 13,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Joker View Post
It's not confusing. He can be a backup. Or a starter. Most likely a backup because of mrazek. And if he leaves he's gonna be a starter probably. He can handle the load if mrazek gets injured

Either way our goaltending situation is probably set for like 10+ years. No reason to draft a goalie ever again for like 7-8 years
I say draft a goalie every year. Bound to get one to work out.

__________________
I move with elegance of an African elephant
Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2016, 06:19 PM
  #125
FireBird71
Registered User
 
FireBird71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Grand Blanc,MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
I say draft a goalie every year. Bound to get one to work out.
Or at least every other year...just like Baseball with pitchers and Football and Corners...you can never have enough good ones

FireBird71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.