HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Mike Weaver Sucks

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Rob Stauber*

vCash: 500
Mike Weaver Sucks

He's not even good enough to be a 7th defenseman.

I never thought I'd say this but from here on in I'm pledging my allegiance to the Dempsey>Weaver group.

Old
12-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Stauber
He's not even good enough to be a 7th defenseman.

I never thought I'd say this but from here on in I'm pledging my allegiance to the Dempsey>Weaver group.
I wouldn't base it solely on that one play in the first. Because if you looked 2 minutes earlier Dempsey made a bonehead move that was just as bad. At this point I would say Dung > Weaver = Dempsey.

Old
12-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
I wouldn't base it solely on that one play in the first. Because if you looked 2 minutes earlier Dempsey made a bonehead move that was just as bad. At this point I would say Dung > Weaver = Dempsey.

I was Weavers #1 fan after 20 games but he's been HORRIBLE the last 17. He's already had 2 gaffs today. I'm not saying Dempsey's good but basically the lesser of 2 evils..........for now at least. DT should be burning up the phone lines all night looking for a dman.

Old
12-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Stauber
I was Weavers #1 fan after 20 games but he's been HORRIBLE the last 17. He's already had 2 gaffs today. I'm not saying Dempsey's good but basically the lesser of 2 evils..........for now at least. DT should be burning up the phone lines all night looking for a dman.
I don't understand why DT called up Grebeshkov only to scratch him in favor of dweedle dee and dweedle dum. Even though Manchester fans might disagree with me Denis cannot be worse than these two guys.IMO.

Old
12-26-2005, 10:24 PM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Denis cannot be worse than these two guys.IMO.

I agree. Cuz if he is, i might go into depression.

Old
12-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Captain Ron

I think the tide has turned again. The San Jose goal in the 2nd was a direct result of a horrible play by Dempsey. Trying to jump at the puck.

Weaver > Dempsey once again.

Old
12-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
I think the tide has turned again. The San Jose goal in the 2nd was a direct result of a horrible play by Dempsey. Trying to jump at the puck.

Weaver > Dempsey once again.

go read the new thread i just posted. Grebs better get the call next game.

Miller cant come back fastenough.

Dempsey got beat on the same type of play against phoenix.

Old
12-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Osprey

Weaver, Dempsey and Corvo are all equally bad when it comes to turnovers and gaffes. Having all three in one game is just frightening to watch. I really don't know which I'd prefer to keep the puck out of the net. It's like picking your poison at the moment.

Old
12-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Weaver, Dempsey and Corvo are all equally bad when it comes to turnovers and gaffes. Having all three in one game is just frightening to watch. I really don't know which I'd prefer to keep the puck out of the net. It's like picking your poison at the moment.

But at least Corvo contributes offensively and on Special teams... Weaver and Dempsey belong in the "A".

Old
12-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
EXACTLY! Where's my pick your poison thread?!

Old
12-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
But at least Corvo contributes offensively and on Special teams... Weaver and Dempsey belong in the "A".
In Osprey's defense, (did I really say that?) Corvo sometimes plays like he belongs in the "A".

Old
12-27-2005, 01:11 AM
Osprey

Quote:
I was referring only to their defensive games. Corvo's offensive game is what gives him a pass from some people. For example, Rob created three posts tonight to say that Dempsey and Weaver suck and that Corvo doesn't suck. The problem with that is that the very things that Dempsey and Weaver do to earn his wrath are done just as much by Corvo, but Joe gets a big pass because he contributes offensively. I would take Corvo over Dempsey and Weaver because of overall game, but, speaking strictly defensively and regarding liability, they're all equal in my eyes.

Old
12-27-2005, 01:15 AM
Reaper45

True dat Osprey. Just because Jose Cuervo pots the odd goal, his defensive gaffe's are not seen by his cult of evil doers. He's just as bad defensively as Weaver and Dempsey.

And what the hell is wrong with Corvo sometimes, trying to stick handle like he's Pavel Bure, you're a defenseman, get you *** back there with the other defensemen!

Old
12-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Face Wash

Look Corvo's a forward playing "D". We all know this. D.A.R.E.'s been saying this for a long time now, I agree with him and most people would. It's the same thing with Darryl Sydor.. The fans boo'd him all the way out the door here in LA... The guy's ended up having a nice career which includes a couple of cups.

I'm not saying Corvo's a defensive stalwart, I'm not even thrilled the Kings employ an ex-felon, but even if the +/- stat is OVERRATED, a +24 means he's doing something right consistently and he's on a pace for about 40 points. He's a pretty slick skater, and he's a very good stick handler, and coming back from a broken nose in the same game he took the puck to the face with just a half face shield to protect it (which he wasn't even wearing in the next game) shows he has some toughness too.

Stop beating the guy up with posts about his play. He's head and shoulders better with the puck than DUMPSEY and TURNWEAVER and better positionally as well.

If you wanna attack Corvo, attack him because he was convicted of attacking a woman in a bar and embarrased himself, the organization, his family and us fans.

But the guy's been very good this year overall.

Old
12-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Look Corvo's a forward playing "D". We all know this. D.A.R.E.'s been saying this for a long time now, I agree with him and most people would. It's the same thing with Darryl Sydor.. The fans boo'd him all the way out the door here in LA... The guy's ended up having a nice career which includes a couple of cups.

I'm not saying Corvo's a defensive stalwart, I'm not even thrilled the Kings employ an ex-felon, but even if the +/- stat is OVERRATED, a +24 means he's doing something right consistently and he's on a pace for about 40 points. He's a pretty slick skater, and he's a very good stick handler, and coming back from a broken nose in the same game he took the puck to the face with just a half face shield to protect it (which he wasn't even wearing in the next game) shows he has some toughness too.

Stop beating the guy up with posts about his play. He's head and shoulders better with the puck than DUMPSEY and TURNWEAVER and better positionally as well.

If you wanna attack Corvo, attack him because he was convicted of attacking a woman in a bar and embarrased himself, the organization, his family and us fans.

But the guy's been very good this year overall.
Very good post but can people just stop bringing up the bar incident? People make mistakes...

Old
12-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
Very good post but can people just stop bringing up the bar incident? People make mistakes...
Mistakes are one thing. Leaving you wallet at home and having your buddy pay the abr tab is a mistake. Forgetting your homework at home is a mistake. But assaulting a woman is not a mistake, and is not something that can be forgotten.

Old
12-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Mistakes are one thing. Leaving you wallet at home and having your buddy pay the abr tab is a mistake. Forgetting your homework at home is a mistake. But assaulting a woman is not a mistake, and is not something that can be forgotten.
That is like saying OJ Simpson made a mistake and everybody needs to leave him alone.

Old
12-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life

Exactly get off the man's back and let him live.

By the way, Bertuzzi's suspension should have been longer. That criminal! I'll never let him live it down.

Old
12-27-2005, 10:02 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
indeed, assault is a serious crime. however, corvo did submit himself fully to the authorities. i don't recall his sentence, but i do know that he stood trial, and took the punishment alloted to him by a judge. it was probably lighter than many of us would like, but that's hardly his fault. the guy messed up, badly--but he's paid his dues to society.

Old
12-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser
indeed, assault is a serious crime. however, corvo did submit himself fully to the authorities. i don't recall his sentence, but i do know that he stood trial, and took the punishment alloted to him by a judge. it was probably lighter than many of us would like, but that's hardly his fault. the guy messed up, badly--but he's paid his dues to society.
Sentence

Old
12-27-2005, 10:12 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:

Old
12-28-2005, 01:39 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser
Sex offenders pay their dues to society, too. Would you be okay with one of them moving next door to your family without your knowledge? There's a reason why serious crimes never leave a person's record. The offenders need to live with it the rest of their life, and live with the public disapproval, as well. Only if/when Corvo gets a lot older and becomes a changed person will it be fitting to forgive and forget what he did in his youth. Until then, he's the same person and the incident tells us something about his personality: he has a temper, is inconsiderate to women and is prone to violence (even against women). That's part of who he is. You can't just ignore it and pretend that he's a great guy once the judicial system is done with him.

When you do something like he did, you have to work your butt off to prove your rehabilitation in order for your crimes to be forgotten. Just fulfilling your sentence isn't nearly enough. You don't get off so easily in most people's books, certainly not mine.

Last edited by Osprey: 12-28-2005 at 03:18 AM.
Old
12-28-2005, 01:43 AM
Reaper45

If only he'd show that prone to violence side on the rink!

Old
12-28-2005, 01:57 AM
Osprey

Quote:
If only he'd show that prone to violence side on the rink!
If he were to and pull a Bertuzzi/McSorley, I think you'd find fewer people willing to let it go so easily. Since it didn't happen on the ice and there's no video replay, however, it becomes more of a theoretical argument and easier to dismiss.

Old
12-28-2005, 03:43 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Sex offenders pay their dues to society, too. Would you be okay with one of them moving next door to your family without your knowledge? There's a reason why serious crimes never leave a person's record. The offenders need to live with it the rest of their life, and live with the public disapproval, as well. Only if/when Corvo gets a lot older and becomes a changed person will it be fitting to forgive and forget what he did in his youth. Until then, he's the same person and the incident tells us something about his personality: he has a temper, is inconsiderate to women and is prone to violence (even against women). That's part of who he is. You can't just ignore it and pretend that he's a great guy once the judicial system is done with him.

When you do something like he did, you have to work your butt off to prove your rehabilitation in order for your crimes to be forgotten. Just fulfilling your sentence isn't nearly enough. You don't get off so easily in most people's books, certainly not mine.
sex offenders are a different matter. they are uniquely under-punished, due to poor legislation, are particlurly prone to repeat offenses, and as such are not a suitable analogy.

as for the rest of your post, corvo's criminal record is the ONLY piece of evidence you have regarding his personality, either at present or in the past. hardly enough to say what sort of person he may or may not be, and certainly not enough to judge what sort of rehabilitation he has undergone.

not that i'm hell-bent on defending convicted felons. indeed, i won't continue, other than to note again that he's faced a judge for his crimes, and recieved his sentence (albeit a light one).

Closed Thread