HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official GDT: 12.28.05 - Rangers @ Islanders - 7:00PM

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2005, 07:49 AM
in the hall

vCash: 500
JR - one thing about that building.. it is THE WORST in all of hockey and possible professional sports

there's a corner in it which is completely obstructed by the luxory boxes due to poor planning and the only way the fans can watch from their seats is on TVs they added

Old
12-29-2005, 08:52 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
At this point people have to start questioning just how good Dipietro will ever be as he is now 24 yrs old already and is no where near the level expected of him, a #1 overall pick.
The US is going to have to depend on Esche. I haven't seen an Isles game yet where I've thought DP was good enough to allow the US to medal.

In my less-than-expert opinion, Sterling is the Islanders problem. That group just can't be THAT bad. Nice win for the Rangers, not trying to take anything away from them, but that wasn't a very tough contest.

Old
12-29-2005, 08:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
The US is going to have to depend on Esche. I haven't seen an Isles game yet where I've thought DP was good enough to allow the US to medal.

In my less-than-expert opinion, Sterling is the Islanders problem. That group just can't be THAT bad. Nice win for the Rangers, not trying to take anything away from them, but that wasn't a very tough contest.

RDP was shakey in the first (miss playing shots, mishandling the puck) but he got through it. He was decent in the second and fell apart in the third. Lundqvist made the saves to keep his team in the game and gave the team a left (especially on the PK). RDP didn't.

12-29-2005, 09:11 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Hollweg and Orr should play, dump Niemo for something.
I am not pro-Goon, but I gotta say again that something changed when Orr had words with Goddard after Goddard got out of the box. Coincidence? I dunno

As for Ville, the back to back penalties should give him a chance to celebrate the New Year early; lets see Orr and Hollweg in the lineup together for a couple games just to see what happens.

We havnt seen enough from Orr, and Hollweg certainly is not a liability. They dont bring a whole lot offensively, but maybe they allow fringe scorers like Ward, Betts, and Moore a little more comfort factor?

---

And thanks to all the Rangers fans in attendance. The one thing about MSG is that it brings out all of the opposing teams "fans". Very gratifying to turn the tables and hear all of that noise in an away building.

Old
12-29-2005, 10:08 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
---

And thanks to all the Rangers fans in attendance. The one thing about MSG is that it brings out all of the opposing teams "fans". Very gratifying to turn the tables and hear all of that noise in an away building.
I'm telling you, in all my yrs watching hockey and going to games I've never seen a visiting crowd just take over a building like that and really give it to the home teams crowd!

Even as Isle poster in their forum was commenting on just how dumbstruck their fans were and how the abuse was just insane.No fights or anything but after just collapsing in the 3rd period the way they did and Little Ricky looking like swiss cheese after the NYI fans were chanting "DP" early in the game just set the stage perfectly and left the Isle fans speechless.

By the 6 minute mark it was all NYR fans left as the Isle fans were left to slink out of their own building amid a barrage of taunts from the jacked up NYR fans.

The Gardne does always attract visiting fans but never ANYTHING like the invasion last night ny NYR fans!

How the 1st game out there wasn't sold out is beyond me.I'm definetely heading back for the next one out there.

Old
12-29-2005, 10:51 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
BTW, is it just me or did it look and sound like the Rangers fans outnumbered the Isles fans at the Colliseum? Even Dipeatro commented on the amount of Rangers fans.
Isle fans left after they were embarassed

Old
12-29-2005, 10:57 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
I am not pro-Goon, but I gotta say again that something changed when Orr had words with Goddard after Goddard got out of the box. Coincidence? I dunno

As for Ville, the back to back penalties should give him a chance to celebrate the New Year early; lets see Orr and Hollweg in the lineup together for a couple games just to see what happens.

We havnt seen enough from Orr, and Hollweg certainly is not a liability. They dont bring a whole lot offensively, but maybe they allow fringe scorers like Ward, Betts, and Moore a little more comfort factor?

---

Very well-said in every which way. From here on out I'd go with this for a while:
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Rucchin-Rucinsky
Ortmeyer-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Orr

Kasper-Tyutin
Poti-Strudwick
Malik-Roszival

Hank
Weekes

I like

Old
12-29-2005, 11:19 AM
SML

[QUOTE=abev]I am not pro-Goon, but I gotta say again that something changed when Orr had words with Goddard after Goddard got out of the box. Coincidence? I dunno

We havnt seen enough from Orr, and Hollweg certainly is not a liability. They dont bring a whole lot offensively, but maybe they allow fringe scorers like Ward, Betts, and Moore a little more comfort.

I agree. It's the way the Barnaby/McCarthy scenario SHOULD have worked out, except Sandy was all too content to let 185 pound Barnaby take on the Brashears and Chara's of the league. Hollweg should be in this lineup every night, bottom line. The kid makes things happen. He distarcts the other team, and eventually they will answer somehow. It's like Hollweg is the fuse, but Orr is the actual bomb. If Orr steps right up to whoever steps to Hollweg, and they back down, then Hollweg gets to continue his mayhem. In the end I think you make Hollweg more effective with Orr's presence in the lineup. Of course, this could all be wrong, as I'm just speculating. Renney seems to like to sit guys like this in favor of other guys like this. Hollweg sits so Niemo can play, Niemo sits so Hollweg can play, now Hollweg sits so Orr can play.

Old
12-29-2005, 12:38 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

I went to the game last night and watched the replay on tv. I agree with alot that has been said but let me also say that I was impressed with Tyutin and Poti. Both players made some excellent defensive plays, with Tyutin making more. Tyutin even got time on the PP. Hopefully this is the beginning of both players turning it around. That was a fantastic pass by Tyutin to spring Straka and I don't think Poti would have shot that puck two weeks ago...

Old
12-29-2005, 12:41 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
[QUOTE=SML]
Quote:

We havnt seen enough from Orr, and Hollweg certainly is not a liability. They dont bring a whole lot offensively, but maybe they allow fringe scorers like Ward, Betts, and Moore a little more comfort.

I agree. It's the way the Barnaby/McCarthy scenario SHOULD have worked out, except Sandy was all too content to let 185 pound Barnaby take on the Brashears and Chara's of the league. Hollweg should be in this lineup every night, bottom line. The kid makes things happen. He distarcts the other team, and eventually they will answer somehow. It's like Hollweg is the fuse, but Orr is the actual bomb. If Orr steps right up to whoever steps to Hollweg, and they back down, then Hollweg gets to continue his mayhem. In the end I think you make Hollweg more effective with Orr's presence in the lineup. Of course, this could all be wrong, as I'm just speculating. Renney seems to like to sit guys like this in favor of other guys like this. Hollweg sits so Niemo can play, Niemo sits so Hollweg can play, now Hollweg sits so Orr can play.

agreed, if im sather id dump Niemo and Hossa for sykora and play hollweg and orr

Old
12-29-2005, 12:41 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

[QUOTE=SML]
Quote:

Yeah, but Hollweg will be ALOT more effective with Orr. Just recall that time Bertuzzi went after him. If he had Orr with him, Orr coulda crunched big Todd or at least stood up for Holly. Play em together on the 4th line with Moore, it'll be a great energy, momentum line

Closed Thread