HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gomez

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2005, 05:34 PM
swinginutter*

vCash: 500
Gomez

Well, he's the new rumor over at Eklund's. Possibly LA. Would be a great fit here! Has great speed and hands, and absolutely dominated the second half of last season. Could also be very marketable in the LA area.
I wouldn't mind building around him or Jokinen as a number one center...in the future.
Still need D though!

Old
12-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Gomez would be a great addition here, nice way to market to the latino fans, BUT he'd come at a pretty penny. Not too many 25 year old 1st line centers out here.

As long as Frolov, Brown, Gleason, Kanko, and Kopitar aren't included, I'll be thrilled.

Old
12-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I don't buy Gomez as a #1 center. He'd be a very good #2 though.

Old
12-27-2005, 05:49 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

How about Gomez for Mike Camalereri and Jeff Tambelini??

Old
12-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machoking2003-04
How about Gomez for Mike Camalereri and Jeff Tambelini??
Gomez and Brown for Cammy and Tambellini.

Old
12-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
I don't buy Gomez as a #1 center. He'd be a very good #2 though.
Neither do I. He's almost like a younger Craig Conroy.

Gomez: 36 gp 9g 16a 25pts
Cammalleri: 36pg 13g 11a 24pts

Old
12-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Reaper45

Conroy's hit the 70 point plateau once in his career, and that was 75. Gomez has hit 70 points twice already.

Old
12-27-2005, 06:30 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik
Neither do I. He's almost like a younger Craig Conroy.

Gomez: 36 gp 9g 16a 25pts
Cammalleri: 36pg 13g 11a 24pts
Scottie Gomez finished first in assists the last NHL season. Not a number one you say?
As for true dominant centers, there is only about 5 - 10 out there. Gomez has always been under the radar. He plays well with Gionta, so it would be a no brainer for him to play with Cammy. You could have Gomez, and Demitra as your two top line centers..........possibly Kopitar in the future.
I also think there should be some untouchables on this squad........but never say never.

On a side note, Conroy is nothing like Gomez.......that will probably show during the Olympics. I wouldn't mind seeing Jokinen coming back.......but very unlikely. As for the Blake chatter on this board. I never want to see that guy back here. Totally played out, and he's already stated he wants to stay in Colorado.....Same goes for the Murray homers. Guy hasn't scored a goal since Big Joe left. The Joe Thornton trade will be the best deal for the next five years!

Old
12-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Osprey

I don't know. Gomez has scored 15 goals only once in his career (and that was his rookie season 6 seasons ago). The obvious return player would be Cammalleri, but Mike is on pace for 29 goals, whereas Scott is on pace for 20. True, Gomez is a great playmaking #2 center, and the Kings could use that, but they also need Cammalleri's smarts on the PP. Mike also has the potential to grow into an even better player, perhaps with even Gionta-like performance a few years from now. Also, Gomez will be eligible for unrestricted free agency the Summer after next, whereas Cammalleri has many more seasons than that left. If anything, I'd think that would decide it.

I'd much rather they trade Tambellini+ for Gomez. I just don't think that Cammalleri for Gomez is the significant upgrade that many of you think. If the Kings are going to trade Cammalleri, I'd prefer it to be for a big-ticket player that the Kings really need (like a Redden) and which really upgrades the team.

Last edited by Osprey: 12-27-2005 at 06:41 PM.
Old
12-27-2005, 06:47 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I don't know. Gomez has scored 15 goals only once in his career (and that was his rookie season 6 seasons ago). The obvious return player would be Cammalleri, but Mike is on pace for 29 goals, whereas Scott is on pace for 20. True, Gomez is a great playmaking #2 center, and the Kings could use that, but they also need Cammalleri's smarts on the PP. Mike also has the potential to grow into an even better player, perhaps with even Gionta-like performance a few years from now. Also, Gomez will be eligible for unrestricted free agency the Summer after next, whereas Cammalleri has many more seasons than that left. If anything, I'd think that would decide it.

I'd much rather they trade Tambellini+ for Gomez. I just don't think that Cammalleri for Gomez is the significant upgrade that many of you think. If the Kings are going to trade Cammalleri, I'd prefer it to be for a big-ticket player that the Kings really need (like a Redden) and which really upgrades the team.

Well, most posters here want to see Cammy go. I don't! Same goes for Tambellini. But i'm also realistic, and as long as we have AM at the helm, MC's play will always be looked at with a microscope (no pun intended)........ Size seems to be the issue, than all the love for Kanko is given out....not to mention Avery. Maybe it's a "WOP" thing? who knows? but the guy is going to be a sniper plain and simple......no matter where he ends up. we'll then start moaning about nobody putting the puck in the net, only to see Cammy terrorizing opposing goalies with a different sweater over his chest!.........confusing.

Old
12-27-2005, 06:55 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Well, most posters here want to see Cammy go.

No they don't

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
12-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Gomez and Brown for Cammy and Tambellini.
You must not have seen that great turnover Brown made to give Jason Blake a gimme-goal. That would be a horrible move.

Old
12-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

For those who think Gomez is a solid #1, take a look at his production throughout his career, he's been quite inconsistent. Conroy isn't a #1 center either. I'd accept any of the two as a #2 though.

Old
12-27-2005, 07:36 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Well, most posters here want to see Cammy go. I don't! Same goes for Tambellini. But i'm also realistic, and as long as we have AM at the helm, MC's play will always be looked at with a microscope (no pun intended)........ Size seems to be the issue, than all the love for Kanko is given out....not to mention Avery. Maybe it's a "WOP" thing? who knows? but the guy is going to be a sniper plain and simple......no matter where he ends up. we'll then start moaning about nobody putting the puck in the net, only to see Cammy terrorizing opposing goalies with a different sweater over his chest!.........confusing.
...do you think they'd take Andy Murray instead?

Old
12-27-2005, 07:38 PM
Venom_17

I love Scotty G. as a player. He's a level-headed dude and has great playmaking skills.

If we were to look at him, a couple things to consider:
i) He needs to be with a shooter to be effective. He might look good with Cammy, but besides that I'm not sure we have a pure shooter to put him with (besides Luc).
ii) I can almost guarantee the Flames would take a huge run at him if he became available. Can you imagine Iggy-Gomez? Damn, that has the potential to be very scary.

Old
12-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
You must not have seen that great turnover Brown made to give Jason Blake a gimme-goal. That would be a horrible move.
You're right, I didnt.

Old
12-27-2005, 08:01 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

scott Gomez would be a matinee idol in Lala land. He has a personality to die for, and long with JR, look out!

If you wanna keep Camalereri, give NJ Kopitor and Tambellini??

Gomez, Ari Ahonen, Sean Brown for Anze Kopitor, Jeff Tambelilin, and Sean Avery?

Old
12-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
You're right, I didnt.
Well, see for yourself, heh.

Brown assists on Blake's goal

Old
12-27-2005, 08:15 PM
bacchusbuddha

Send a message via AIM to bacchusbuddha
Quote:
Well, see for yourself, heh.

Brown assists on Blake's goal
What's the problem? Looks like he'd fit right in.

Old
12-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Rob Stauber*

Gomez would be nice, but not a priority. I think that he's in a system that in the past definitely cover up his defensive deficiencies.

There's no way this guys a #1. #2 at best. Don't get me wrong, Id love to have him on the Kings, but no way in hell I'd be willing to pay a pretty penny. I'd save the pretty penny for some much better.

With the prospect pool we have, if we were to trade some of them, we have to do it for a big name first line stud. Not a above average second liner.

We already have enough guys who can set up, we need some finishers. Gomez is definitely not that.

Last edited by Rob Stauber: 12-27-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old
12-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Fat Elvis

Could be the reason they brought Grebs up .

I highly doubt Cammy is going anywhere, Same with Tambs ans most definitly Anze ain't leavin any time soon.

I just don't see DT paying the max in this deal. NJ may want to shed more saleries for cap reasons, so a Dman may also be part of it.

Old
12-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machoking2003-04
scott Gomez would be a matinee idol in Lala land. He has a personality to die for, and long with JR, look out!

If you wanna keep Camalereri, give NJ Kopitor and Tambellini??

Gomez, Ari Ahonen, Sean Brown for Anze Kopitor, Jeff Tambelilin, and Sean Avery?

That would be a horrible deal for LA.

Old
12-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Having just watched the Bruins/Caps game, I'd really love to see the Kings bring in a speedy sniper like Sergei Samsonov. He just froze Kolzig in his skates to score the game-tying goal in the 3rd period. Samsonov will be an UFA on July 1st.

Old
12-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I will never understand the mindset of Gomez bringing Latino fans to LA. Did you guys happen to catch the post game wrap up? I swear most of the people there were Latino. We don't need to attract anyone. Let our on ice product speak for us.

12-27-2005, 09:11 PM
ILuvLA

Problem is, that although we are under the cap, we've maxed out the AEG budget...
well, at least according to the LA Times article, Mgmt has to go to Ownership for more funds if a move is to be made that will require $$.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...ck=1&cset=true

Question - how many more games does Bure has to miss before his salary can be canceled out for the year? It really doesn't seem like he will be back. Someone I work with had the same type of surgery and expressed surprise that there might be a chance that Bure's able to return this season.

Closed Thread