HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Futbol parte tres

Old
04-01-2016, 01:19 PM
g00n
Global Moderator
♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬

vCash: 500
Futbol parte tres

dos: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1911473

04-01-2016, 04:27 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Wasted opportunities

If you guys believe they're being treated fairly, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not saying they should necessarily get equal pay, but it shouldn't be a slap in the face either.

On their CBA...that may or may not even be valid. Apparently it's not even signed.

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/s...by-womens-team

More on the finances...

This has some good graphs with numbers. Essentially the Men are lucky enough to be in the big dance for a slice of the pie. The women seem to pull their weight the other years but their sport will never hit those number even though they've actually WON a World Cup and are perennial contenders. Will be a very interesting legal case to follow.

http://www.businessinsider.com/men-w...alaries-2016-4

Last edited by CapitalsCupFantasy: 04-01-2016 at 04:44 PM.
CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2016, 10:46 AM
Millhaus

Define fair please.

I'll give you the per diem thing but the rest is based on revenue generated over the traditional 4 year soccer World Cup calendar for national teams.

The women wanted a certain amount of guaranteed income. They got it. They wanted a number of other benefits, ones the men do not get through the federation, and they got it.

In my opinion this is very much like the guy who brings in $20 mil in revenue for your company, but closed his big deal yesterday, asking to be compensated the same as the guy in the same position who brings in $550 mil in revenue, but closed his big deal last year. I don't know how your company works but mine would laugh in his face and say come back when your revenue numbers are anywhere even remotely close to his over the standard reporting period. In this case the standard reporting period is any 4 year period.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

vCash: 439
El Clasico this afternoon. Predict the final score and the scorers for each side.

FCB 4 - RM 1
Suarez (x2), Messi (x2)
Benzema

Eazy for Kuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy for Kuzy View Post
El Clasico this afternoon. Predict the final score and the scorers for each side.

FCB 4 - RM 1
Suarez (x2), Messi (x2)
Benzema
I could definitely see Madrid winning this simply because the game pretty much doesn't matter as far as who is going to win the league.

Old
04-02-2016, 02:15 PM
g00n
Global Moderator
♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬

Barca force feeding Neymar the entire first half

g00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2016, 02:46 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

Piqué 1-0

Old
04-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Millhaus

I'm a seer...

Old
04-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

2-1 RM the final score, but I still don't get why the Bale goal was disallowed. It feels good to see all the Barca fans quiet.

Old
04-03-2016, 12:30 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Wasted opportunities

Color me shocked. Pato looked AWESOME. The Duck has landed.

Old
04-03-2016, 12:32 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Wasted opportunities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Define fair please.

I'll give you the per diem thing but the rest is based on revenue generated over the traditional 4 year soccer World Cup calendar for national teams.

The women wanted a certain amount of guaranteed income. They got it. They wanted a number of other benefits, ones the men do not get through the federation, and they got it.

In my opinion this is very much like the guy who brings in $20 mil in revenue for your company, but closed his big deal yesterday, asking to be compensated the same as the guy in the same position who brings in $550 mil in revenue, but closed his big deal last year. I don't know how your company works but mine would laugh in his face and say come back when your revenue numbers are anywhere even remotely close to his over the standard reporting period. In this case the standard reporting period is any 4 year period.
There's already a definition of fair, I don't need to define it for you. I'm not calling for equal pay, but close the gap some in total compensation and at least make it not embarrassing.

Old
04-04-2016, 05:45 AM
amin723

Beyond on-field results the women have no leverage except public support and political pressure.

They took a huge risk this past world cup to bet on themselves to win it in order to justify asking for another guaranteed pay increase during collective bargaining. It worked. They won. The ratings were huge in US. The revenue was good.

They are the top team in the world and compensated as such relative to their peers, but it is likely that they should be paid more.

I think they will see an increase in the number of rostered and paid national team members, and a substantial increase in pay out of this whole shindig. I don't think they'll strike, but they might.

amin723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2016, 09:46 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Wasted opportunities

http://www.theguardian.com/news/2016...anni-infantino

Uefa offices raided by police after Gianni Infantino named in Panama Papers

Gotta love it...new FIFA President already under fire.

Old
04-06-2016, 03:18 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Wasted opportunities

Real Madrid down City just came back to tie..good stuff.

Old
04-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

RM dropped the ball. Losing to ****ing Wolfsburg? At least they weren't at the Bernabeu.
PSG-MCity tied 2-2, advantage to City for away goals. We need to light them up in England.

Old
04-06-2016, 04:55 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

I'm a PSG and Capitals fan. One of my friends is a Man. City and Flyers fan. We might not be friends a month from now

Old
04-06-2016, 05:24 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Wasted opportunities

Another PSG and Caps fan?!? You and Backy 19 makes two! I cannot root for PSG given they beat Chelsea. Also hoping for someone from the EPL to do well.

Old
04-06-2016, 05:59 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Another PSG and Caps fan?!? You and Backy 19 makes two! I cannot root for PSG given they beat Chelsea. Also hoping for someone from the EPL to do well.
I am 19Backstrom. I changed my username hahaha
I guess I will put the French flag back as an indicator

Old
04-06-2016, 06:19 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Wasted opportunities

Ohhhhhh funny.

Old
04-06-2016, 07:21 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

I don't have an allegiance to any particular team in soccer, which I actually prefer because I can enjoy every game without getting upset over the result. That said, I'm always interested to hear how North Americans find their rooting interests in Europe.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
I don't have an allegiance to any particular team in soccer, which I actually prefer because I can enjoy every game without getting upset over the result. That said, I'm always interested to hear how North Americans find their rooting interests in Europe.
I was born in Paris and lived the first 10 years of my life a few blocks away from the Parc des Princes therefore I'm a PSG fan. That simple

Old
04-06-2016, 07:36 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Wasted opportunities

I actually was a Bayern fan as a kid. I could always find Bundesliga games on local cable. Took a long break from the early 90's until 5 years ago when EPL games became readily available. I watched every single goal in the EPL that first year and probably close to 100 games overall that season when I was trying to decide who to root for. Ultimately Lampard and Chelsea kept sucking in me the most.

Old
04-07-2016, 03:11 AM
philip
dismember

Quote:
RM dropped the ball. Losing to ****ing Wolfsburg? At least they weren't at the Bernabeu.
PSG-MCity tied 2-2, advantage to City for away goals. We need to light them up in England.
Hey man Wolfsburg are pretty good!

A very good draw for City last night. If Zlatan was on his game PSG could have had 5! It's still going to be tough stopping PSG scoring at the Etihad, so I don't think City look for the draw at home. They've got to all out still.

In other news, I landed another Bet365 free £50 in play bet

philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2016, 08:16 AM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip View Post
Hey man Wolfsburg are pretty good!

A very good draw for City last night. If Zlatan was on his game PSG could have had 5! It's still going to be tough stopping PSG scoring at the Etihad, so I don't think City look for the draw at home. They've got to all out still.

In other news, I landed another Bet365 free £50 in play bet
Wolfsburg are a decent team, but I was expecting RM to win coming off their victory against Barcelona.

Zlatan was off his game, but the goal he scored was one of the weirdest I've seen recently. PSG needs to win by the score of 2-1. If Zlatan is on his game the next time, it should be feasible. He has been on a tear this season.

Congrats for the £50!

Old
04-07-2016, 08:37 AM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
I was born in Paris and lived the first 10 years of my life a few blocks away from the Parc des Princes therefore I'm a PSG fan. That simple
Well that does make it pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
I actually was a Bayern fan as a kid. I could always find Bundesliga games on local cable. Took a long break from the early 90's until 5 years ago when EPL games became readily available. I watched every single goal in the EPL that first year and probably close to 100 games overall that season when I was trying to decide who to root for. Ultimately Lampard and Chelsea kept sucking in me the most.
Ugh, can't stand Chelsea for some reason. Probably (definitely) Diego Costa. I also don't like Man U... not a big fan of bandwagons.

I've always found myself partial to Juventus (I have family in that area and am planning to go to Juventus Stadium whenever I get across the pond to visit them) and Liverpool (love the singing of YNWA... one of my favorite traditions in sports). Also kind of partial to the Gunners for some reason. I think it's because they remind me of the Caps in that they play an attractive brand of soccer and always blow it when it matters.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote